Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg

Just downloaded a driver for the korg stuff. Nanokey etc. So I can edit midi ch for microkey. Think I usually download win 10 driver but chose 8.1.

Driver has destroyed machine. Couldnt open browser. So restarted machine. Machine load just kept spinning. Then turned off machine. Bluescreen saying sonething went wrong. Then a black screen. Then when rebooting again. Said machine is repairing but went back to blue screen. Now just spinning again. All for a midi channel.

Can I reinstall windows from bios settings?

Comments

  • Korg lol.

    Machine just cant load.

  • wimwim
    edited June 1

    @sigma79 said:
    Just downloaded a driver for the korg stuff. Nanokey etc. So I can edit midi ch for microkey. Think I usually download win 10 driver but chose 8.1.

    Driver has destroyed machine. Couldnt open browser. So restarted machine. Machine load just kept spinning. Then turned off machine. Bluescreen saying sonething went wrong. Then a black screen. Then when rebooting again. Said machine is repairing but went back to blue screen. Now just spinning again. All for a midi channel.

    Can I reinstall windows from bios settings?

    Try starting in safe mode, then see if there’s a restore point you can go back to.

  • @wim said:

    @sigma79 said:
    Just downloaded a driver for the korg stuff. Nanokey etc. So I can edit midi ch for microkey. Think I usually download win 10 driver but chose 8.1.

    Driver has destroyed machine. Couldnt open browser. So restarted machine. Machine load just kept spinning. Then turned off machine. Bluescreen saying sonething went wrong. Then a black screen. Then when rebooting again. Said machine is repairing but went back to blue screen. Now just spinning again. All for a midi channel.

    Can I reinstall windows from bios settings?

    Try starting in safe mode, then see if there’s a restore point you can go back to.

    No luck. No safe mode option maybe. Iv been meaning to sell all my korg products. Volca modular. Nanokey studio. Nanokontrol. Maybe volca drum because the button conducters are worn from about 20 uses but selling all that to buy another laptop? Just for a midi channel for a microkey, that I probably didnt even need anyway. How do they have machine destroying drivers on their website.

  • great title of the thread

  • @MAtrixplan said:
    great title of the thread

    Get the quality driver mate.

  • There’s a trick to getting the right Korg drivers. It’s in their how-tos or product manuals on the site. I know that’s only infuriating to you now, but I wondered when I did it why the driver process was so complicated.

  • wimwim
    edited June 1

    @sigma79 said:

    @wim said:

    @sigma79 said:
    Just downloaded a driver for the korg stuff. Nanokey etc. So I can edit midi ch for microkey. Think I usually download win 10 driver but chose 8.1.

    Driver has destroyed machine. Couldnt open browser. So restarted machine. Machine load just kept spinning. Then turned off machine. Bluescreen saying sonething went wrong. Then a black screen. Then when rebooting again. Said machine is repairing but went back to blue screen. Now just spinning again. All for a midi channel.

    Can I reinstall windows from bios settings?

    Try starting in safe mode, then see if there’s a restore point you can go back to.

    No luck. No safe mode option maybe. Iv been meaning to sell all my korg products. Volca modular. Nanokey studio. Nanokontrol. Maybe volca drum because the button conducters are worn from about 20 uses but selling all that to buy another laptop? Just for a midi channel for a microkey, that I probably didnt even need anyway. How do they have machine destroying drivers on their website.

    To get the option for safe mode, start hitting F8 repeatedly immediately after the bios screen. You have to catch it before the Windows boot screen. It can be tough to catch just right.

    Alternatively, this article may help. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234#WindowsVersion=Windows_10

  • @oat_phipps said:
    There’s a trick to getting the right Korg drivers. It’s in their how-tos or product manuals on the site. I know that’s only infuriating to you now, but I wondered when I did it why the driver process was so complicated.

    Its best to use win 10 driver even for windows 8.1. Then install editor. Even when it says install fail. I think you just modify. Then it works. Im trying to think but probably couldnt say. If a korg driver also broke my mums laptop but its def the driver. I messaged korg. Driver problems for others but no laptop destroying reports.

  • Modern Shakespeare

  • @cramdog said:
    Modern Shakespeare

    To midi channel or to not midi channel. Thats the question. Did thoust need a different midi channel anyway or were thy just being a perfectionist only to be humbled by Korg la Borg.

  • @wim said:

    @sigma79 said:

    @wim said:

    @sigma79 said:
    Just downloaded a driver for the korg stuff. Nanokey etc. So I can edit midi ch for microkey. Think I usually download win 10 driver but chose 8.1.

    Driver has destroyed machine. Couldnt open browser. So restarted machine. Machine load just kept spinning. Then turned off machine. Bluescreen saying sonething went wrong. Then a black screen. Then when rebooting again. Said machine is repairing but went back to blue screen. Now just spinning again. All for a midi channel.

    Can I reinstall windows from bios settings?

    Try starting in safe mode, then see if there’s a restore point you can go back to.

    No luck. No safe mode option maybe. Iv been meaning to sell all my korg products. Volca modular. Nanokey studio. Nanokontrol. Maybe volca drum because the button conducters are worn from about 20 uses but selling all that to buy another laptop? Just for a midi channel for a microkey, that I probably didnt even need anyway. How do they have machine destroying drivers on their website.

    To get the option for safe mode, start hitting F8 repeatedly immediately after the bios screen. You have to catch it before the Windows boot screen. It can be tough to catch just right.

    Alternatively, this article may help. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234#WindowsVersion=Windows_10

    Cant sort machine but will keep because of music iv stores but needed a laptop. Broke laptop had internet clock sync issues. No battery charge. No fan or broken fans that sound like an airport.

    What laptop would you recommend for about £130. Theres £129 laptops from currys. Just 64gb. Usb 3.2 though. Bought an akai lpd8. Snyc cable to laptop is 2.0 but controller is 1.1. So usb 3.2 would need to be compatible with 1.1 device. For midi mapping via Akai editor.

    Or just buy a refurbished ebay for same price and usb 3.0. Maybe 3.2 is just 3.0? Theres lenovo T4030s etc but are old although natbe still better than the £129 laptops.

    The machine would mainly be for launchpad x editing and internet surfing.

  • Korg is Grok backwards as this thread indicates.
    Any "Stranger in a Strange Land" fans left? (Heinlein novel from the 60's).

  • edited June 1

    @McD said:
    Korg is Grok backwards as this thread indicates.
    Any "Stranger in a Strange Land" fans left? (Heinlein novel from the 60's).

    Wierd. I never watch tv but Family Guy yesterday. I think said. Do you mind if I just call you all Grok. Instead of their names. Maybe Grom though

  • @McD said:
    Korg is Grok backwards as this thread indicates.
    Any "Stranger in a Strange Land" fans left? (Heinlein novel from the 60's).

    Thread is ok though. Korg says theres no issues with drivers or which could cause critical failure but there are issues with Korg drivers on internet search and also seems corrupt drivers might cause problems. Although it might mean installed drivers. The download seemed to be the issue though.

  • wimwim
    edited June 1

    @sigma79 said:
    What laptop would you recommend for about £130. Theres £129 laptops from currys. Just 64gb. Usb 3.2 though. Bought an akai lpd8. Snyc cable to laptop is 2.0 but controller is 1.1. So usb 3.2 would need to be compatible with 1.1 device. For midi mapping via Akai editor.

    Or just buy a refurbished ebay for same price and usb 3.0. Maybe 3.2 is just 3.0? Theres lenovo T4030s etc but are old although natbe still better than the £129 laptops.

    The machine would mainly be for launchpad x editing and internet surfing.

    I would no longer recommend buying any Windows computer if you're involved in music making, no matter how inexpensive it is. Save up for a refurbished MacBook or maybe get an M1 Mac mini.

  • @McD I grok you.

  • @McD said:
    Korg is Grok backwards as this thread indicates.
    Any "Stranger in a Strange Land" fans left? (Heinlein novel from the 60's).

    Oh, yes. Most definitely.

  • @wim said:

    @sigma79 said:
    What laptop would you recommend for about £130. Theres £129 laptops from currys. Just 64gb. Usb 3.2 though. Bought an akai lpd8. Snyc cable to laptop is 2.0 but controller is 1.1. So usb 3.2 would need to be compatible with 1.1 device. For midi mapping via Akai editor.

    Or just buy a refurbished ebay for same price and usb 3.0. Maybe 3.2 is just 3.0? Theres lenovo T4030s etc but are old although natbe still better than the £129 laptops.

    The machine would mainly be for launchpad x editing and internet surfing.

    I would no longer recommend buying any Windows computer if you're involved in music making, no matter how inexpensive it is. Save up for a refurbished MacBook or maybe get an M1 Mac mini.

    Thought id save for a Macbook. Audio stems from ipad to macbook but just bought a Lenovo for £199 instead of an Asus for £219. Would need laptop for launchpad x mapping. Might save for a mac that can be better working with DAW audio.

    The Lenovo has a better chip. The asus maybe better screen. The lenovo usb ports. x 2 ( 3.2 ) x1 (2.0 )

    asus 1 x usbc 1 x ( 3.1 ) 1 x ( 2.0 )

    So better variety ports.

    Although wasnt sure about 3.2.

    If the akai is actually ok. how its setup with a widi uhost. usb c to 2.0 to a 1.1 akai controller.

    It would have maybe been ok with 3.2

    The lenovo ports should be ok for akai and launchapad x mapping anyway.

    Plus I wouldnt use mac for internet and would then need a better internet phone also.

    Although maybe ok. The ipad air 3. Can get screen issues. Fixed with factory reset. Maybe convinced the internet might cause the screen issues.

    Thats why this apple phone is ok. Airdrop internet stuff and not even connect ipads to pc, etc.

Sign In or Register to comment.