Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Decent noise cancelling headphones that won't break the bank.

Looking for some recommendations for decent noise cancelling headphones at a decent price.

Comments

• In-ear or over-the-ears?

• edited May 2022

I love my Bose QC45 Noise Cancelling headphones. Nice comfort, color and sound quality. I had some Beats as well, but they were too bass heavy, so I gave them to the kid :)

• Not sure what you consider decent price, but I can't recommend AirPod Pros enough. So convenient and the cancelling is the best I've used. Especially if you like/need transparency mode.

• I have older Bose noise cancelling and I really like them. Comfort and sound are great. I had to replace the ear pads and other pleather parts as the came apart pretty quickly. Lots of cheap replacement on Amazon.

But I would not consider Bose cheap in price.

Also if you want the noise cancelling experience I would advise to go the over the ear type for better immersion. I found that the in-ear do not give the same experience. Ymmv

• @NeuM said:
    In-ear or over-the-ears?

Over the ears

@Tarekith said:
    Not sure what you consider decent price, but I can't recommend AirPod Pros enough. So convenient and the cancelling is the best I've used. Especially if you like/need transparency mode.

I've got the AirPod Pros and yes, they are very good.

Looking to get some headphones.

• I have the Sony WH-CH700N, it is pretty decent and the battery lasts for ages, I used to charge it maybe once a week when I used it for work.

Not as good as Bose QuietComfort 35 ii or Sony's own WH-1000XM4, but it also costs less than half the price of these.

• Tip, if you have bigger ears, most Bose (and some Sennheiser) cans may prove a bit small and therefore inconvenient, esp long term, so make sure you try before you buy. Sony and AKG stuff usually don't seem to have this problem.

This generalisation is of course based on my own anecdotal evidence. I didn't even know I had big ears 😶

• Status audio has their headphones on sale right now. I have the cb-1 headphones, which I really like. I haven’t tried their noise cancelling headphones but if the quality is like the cb-1, then I would expect that they are very good.

• @l33tzke said:
    I have the Sony WH-CH700N, it is pretty decent and the battery lasts for ages, I used to charge it maybe once a week when I used it for work.

Not as good as Bose QuietComfort 35 ii or Sony's own WH-1000XM4, but it also costs less than half the price of these.

The Sony WH-CH700N looks like a solid choice. Thanks.

• If you use TB Morphit, you may want to consider checking to see if the headphones you are considering are on their list of correction/compensating models.

If you don’t know of Tone Boosters Morphit, check it out. It has improved my mixing.

• @cyberheater said:

@l33tzke said:
    I have the Sony WH-CH700N, it is pretty decent and the battery lasts for ages, I used to charge it maybe once a week when I used it for work.

The Sony WH-CH700N looks like a solid choice. Thanks.

Just be aware that the WH-CH710N, the newer version, seems to have a weird treble response for some reason.
    https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/compare/sony-wh-ch700n-wireless-vs-sony-wh-ch710n-wireless/650/12432?usage=19&threshold=0.10