Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton AUv3 Support in Beta

124»

Comments

• Does any DAW that is now optimized to run M1 Apple silicon work with iOS apps or is this a special feature within Ableton only ? In other words will FL Studio (now w Silocon optimization now run iOS apps)?

• @Telstar5 said:
    Does any DAW that is now optimized to run M1 Apple silicon work with iOS apps or is this a special feature within Ableton only ? In other words will FL Studio (now w Silocon optimization now run iOS apps)?

Any Mac app can add AUv3 support. The app developers need to add it to their apps as AUv3 is different from the AUv2 Audio Units which is what Mac apps supported in the past.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Does any DAW that is now optimized to run M1 Apple silicon work with iOS apps or is this a special feature within Ableton only ? In other words will FL Studio (now w Silocon optimization now run iOS apps)?

Ableton, Logic, and Multitrack Studio MTS (Desktop) are the DAWs I know of that allow auv3 iOS apps to work. FL studio, Maschine, MPC 2 won’t run auv3 last I checked. I believe it has to support audio unit version 3, not just Audio Unit (Version 2?)

• Add Reaper (Mac) and Garageband.
    And Mainstage.

• edited February 2023

. (deleted, update did fix my issues..)

• @auxmux said:

Ableton thing. They are not supporting any midi au, only instruments and fx.

FWIW, I've filed a feature suggestion to add AUv3 MIDI support. Anyone here who is a member of the beta program or willing to sign up can help upvote it: https://ableton.centercode.com/project/feedback/view.html?cap=e9f24aff-a2c3-4675-919d-c9ebf2c3611d&uf=85ad6c1b-d12e-45d7-93a1-2cbad1f2564b&slsid=24a4b194-5deb-42e9-93ed-b4e2e7c4acc7

• Voted, good work 👍👍

• Is this development likely to drive up the cost of app store plugins? For example, why buy a desktop version if there is an app?

• edited March 2023

~> @Ailerom said:

Is this development likely to drive up the cost of app store plugins? For example, why buy a desktop version if there is an app?

Not if the desktop version remains AUV3 only , such as StepPolyArp or ChordPolyPad , which are paid for separate MacOs versions -
    it just means Ableton users can x (edit : would be able ) to run them in their DAW & therefore more may buy them .

Some devs who make their AUV3 MacOs compatible for free are probably factoring in the extra worth this brings to their offering as an IOS product , as well as being a toe in the water for later Mac developments .

• @Ailerom said:
    Is this development likely to drive up the cost of app store plugins? For example, why buy a desktop version if there is an app?

From what I've seen, developers who already have a desktop version of a plugin simply aren't enabling MacOS distribution of their iOS plugins, so not from that perspective.

It might, from the perspective that a cross platform plugin has a greater value to me than a single-platform plugin. And frankly I'd welcome that. I don't want to depend on plugins that aren't being developed in a sustainable way. And I'd probably impulse-buy a lot less plugins that I never end up using if they cost a bit more :D

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    I hope bitwig will follow

The problem is that Bitwig is currently VST/VST3/CLAP only. Having been away from my Mac and Bitwig for nearly a year and having to do my music making on an iPad, it's given me a different perspective on things. I'm using Bitwig again, but I would love to find a way of using Atom Piano Roll 2 with Bitwig! Heck, at the moment, I'd be prepared to hold my nose and use APR2 with the latest Ableton Live beta, but unfortunately AL's much heralded AUv3 support doesn't support APR2 yet. So, the struggle goes on...