Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One thing leads to another…

In 1975 I was in a used record shop in Buffalo, NY flipping through the New Arrivals rack when I came upon a cover that stopped me in my tracks. Maybe I had heard about the artist, maybe a friend had mentioned something, but I liked the look of the cover and it was cheap enough so I bought it.

It was Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy) by Brian Eno.

Until that time I only listened to guitar-based music. I didn’t like prog at all and I thought that synthesizers were the work of the anti-Elvis.

Anyway, I took it home and put it on and it was great and I was forced to relinquish a prejudice.

Fast-forward 40-some years and here I sit in a room full of little and not-so-little blinky bleepy boxes.

I blame Eno!

Comments

• I feel the same way. What worked (works) for me was his famous statement that he was a ‘non musician’. ‘Great’, I thought. ‘I’m not a musician either.’ That and ‘My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts’ the amazing ‘sampling before sampling was a thing’ album he made with David Byrne:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_in_the_Bush_of_Ghosts_(album)

And then I realised that the haunting theme to the tv arts doc series Arena was by him too, (Another Green World) and I found his ambient albums…

…the man is a stone cold revolutionary genius.

• Off topic but whenever I here that phrase this is what I think
    One of the best bands out of the 80s

• @Svetlovska Never knew he did the Arena music. I always loved it, but back then there was no way to find out the artist, other than phoning the BBC :)

Ambient Music for Airports might be the one record ever that it’s impossible to ever get tired of.

• About 10 or 12 years ago I bought my first iPad and the first thing I did was download the Bloom app by Eno and Peter Chilvers.

I played with it a little while and I was certain that I was living in the future.