Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Sun Will Rise: A virtual guitar instrumental

edited May 2022 in Creations

Was trying to create something uplifting given the recent tragedies.
Rhythm guitar by Riffler, Lead guitar and Orchestra by AudioLayer, Dulcimer by BS-16I, and Rock Drum Machine holding down the beat. I used ZOA to create the lead guitar riffs and some exported midi from Piano motifs for the Orchestra.

Comments

• Enjoyed this one. I expected lead to be done by Riffler and Rhythm by ZOA but you say it was the other way round. Interesting !. Also liked the Dulcimer.

• Nice one! And great demonstration of Zoa’s flexibility.

• @GeoTony said:
    Enjoyed this one. I expected lead to be done by Riffler and Rhythm by ZOA but you say it was the other way round. Interesting !. Also liked the Dulcimer.

Thanks @GeoTony ! The Dulcimer came late in the process and I wasn't sure about it but I needed something to contrast the other parts. Glad you enjoyed this.

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Nice one! And great demonstration of Zoa’s flexibility.

Thanks @Edward_Alexander !
    ZOA is such a fun app. It really has a unique sound among the midi generators out there. Just enough structure to the randomness. Thanks for listening!

• Hi Mac! This is really good. I especially like how you turned the tables and used Riffler for rhythm. I would probably never would have thought of using ZOA for a lead guitar part. It works. It sounds a bit like something from Rush. I agree that the dulcimer adds contrast, and contrast is what keeps music fun to listen to, in my opinion. Just like the volume drop at 0:44. I hope you match this up with a video.

• Very good guitar part. I have to look at ZOA. Thanks for sharing, bro.

• @MadeofWax Kool! 👍 Thanks for sharing & keep up the excellent work!! 🎸🎸🎸

• There is something fresh and new for me about that one. Good job!

• edited June 2022

@Paulieworld said:
    Hi Mac! This is really good. I especially like how you turned the tables and used Riffler for rhythm. I would probably never would have thought of using ZOA for a lead guitar part. It works. It sounds a bit like something from Rush. I agree that the dulcimer adds contrast, and contrast is what keeps music fun to listen to, in my opinion. Just like the volume drop at 0:44. I hope you match this up with a video.

Thanks Paul! Contrast is something I love about your music. That little vocal line from "Rapture of the Deep" still runs through my mind at work. It's like a little earworm that I don't mind having stuck in my head.
    I have thought about making a video for this but I'm thinking about trying a different style for this one. I might have to break out my digital Nikon and film some sunrises.

@LinearLineman said:
    Very good guitar part. I have to look at ZOA. Thanks for sharing, bro.

Thanks Mike,
    ZOA is definitely worth a look and it really pairs well with the AudioLayer guitar instrument I cobbled together. I was happily surprised at how the two interacted.

@gdog said:
    @MadeofWax Kool! 👍 Thanks for sharing & keep up the excellent work!! 🎸🎸🎸

@gdog Thank you!
    Having the opportunity to share at this forum is such a gift . Being able to listen to, share with, and talk about music with so many talented people here is something I am so grateful for. Thank you for listening and commenting!

@zah7 said:
    There is something fresh and new for me about that one. Good job!

Thank you @zah7 !
    This one was a little different for me, trying a few new things so it felt new to me as well. Thank you for listening and commenting!

• Ha! the dulcimer leads you think it’s a kind of mellow landscape then all of a sudden the guitar-god appears defiantly on the cliff in a shaft of sunlight, raging against a gale of wind. Then, pop, he’s gone; it’s all calm again until blam! he’s back.

• @Stochastically said:
    Ha! the dulcimer leads you think it’s a kind of mellow landscape then all of a sudden the guitar-god appears defiantly on the cliff in a shaft of sunlight, raging against a gale of wind. Then, pop, he’s gone; it’s all calm again until blam! he’s back.

Thank you @Stochastically !
    This might be the video concept for the video @Paulieworld asked about. Just need to find someone to play the part of guitar-god. My dad bod and face for radio would definitely give it a Jack Black comedy vibe though.....🤣