Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare: how do I import audio from a screen grab video?

Hi all,

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious here, since other people assure me this is possible, but I just made a five minute screen grab video, I can find it and move it around in Files and the AudioShare picker, but when I open it in AudioShare, using the Import From Files dialogue, I get no audio, and the ‘wav’ blips past silently in 0.3 of a second. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• I just did a quick test and it worked. I recorded a screen grab, went to the Photos app, shared the video using the "Save to Files" option and selected the AudioShare folder as the destination. When I opened AudioShare the file was there and the audio played fine.

• @branis : thanks for trying. Huh. I just did exactly the same as you - big nope. The file shows up, named ‘RPReplay_final’ but that’s it. I wonder if the format is somehow locked to the wrong app? (What is RRP_final?) I don’t know how you check/get rid of default associations on iPad. Time for more research, I guess… It never has worked for me.

• I get the same result: Only a fraction of the video gets copied into Audioshare. However, I usually use Koala for this (Import Video) and that worked this time too. But there seems to be some sort of bug when using Share etc.

• @JudasZimmerman : yup, can confirm Koala works. Pity AudioShare doesn’t for me - I was hoping to make it a one stop shop.

• edited May 2022

You can extract audio from screen videos by importing the file into Brusfri. Then you can export the extracted audio file out from Brusfri to Audioshare. (if that’s what you meant?). I might have misunderstood your intentions for the file.

• @Spidericemidas : thanks for helping, you have understood my intention :) I have been using AudioStretch for this forever, hadn’t thought of Koala, and didn’t know Brusfri could do that, but they are all a two step process: screen cap to third app, third app to AudioShare. Others here suggest you can just open videos direct in AudioShare and strip the audio inside it, but that isn’t working for me. Not a problem, as I have all these other options - was just hoping to drop a step in the workflow.

• Last time I did that it worked (a few weeks ago). Today it doesn’t (I get the same result as you @Svetlovska ). Maybe some recent iOS update killed this possibility?

• Just a suggestion. Sometimes Sharing via system components, especially Files, does not work. I suspect the system offers some sort of link to the file, when the receiving app expects a copy. Sharing to a 3rd-party app (File Explorer Pro, Documents by Readdle), then Sharing from there to AudioShare might work better. But that's another 2-step procedure, and you can already do that. AudioShare may need a update to handle Sharing from system components.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @branis : thanks for trying. Huh. I just did exactly the same as you - big nope. The file shows up, named ‘RPReplay_final’ but that’s it. I wonder if the format is somehow locked to the wrong app? (What is RRP_final?) I don’t know how you check/get rid of default associations on iPad. Time for more research, I guess… It never has worked for me.

What was the file extension?

• @Svetlovska said:
    @branis : thanks for trying. Huh. I just did exactly the same as you - big nope. The file shows up, named ‘RPReplay_final’ but that’s it. I wonder if the format is somehow locked to the wrong app? (What is RRP_final?) I don’t know how you check/get rid of default associations on iPad. Time for more research, I guess… It never has worked for me.

Rather than import , have you tried exporting from Files and using the save to files option on the share sheet and saving into a AudioShare via files?

• edited May 2022

@espiegel123 : yup. Didn’t work…