Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Esion, DroneLab and friends: The Brocken Spectre

edited May 26 in Creations

The Brocken Spectre, encountered in the mountains, is an optical illusion. Except when it isn’t.

Lead brass sound: FRMS driven by A2M from the original audio loop, fed through Rozeta Scaler, into Atom. All textures: manipulated Esion and DroneLab AUM File Player loops of a Kalimba, recorded live into iPad. Enjoy/comment/critique/pass over in silence etc…. :)

Comments

  • Righteous.

  • Cool stuff! Glad to see you’re putting Esion and DroneLab through their paces. Great apps!

  • @BirbHope @HotStrange : thanks both for the listens, and the comments :) Yes, both Esion and DroneLab are great. I’m going for my daily walk soon, and will be wearing my Sennheiser Ambo ambient headphone/mics to record anything with potential that occurs en route straight into Esion. Every day a sonic adventure :)

  • Minimalist but musical!

  • Nice. Think this is my favourite of the tracks you have done in the last couple of days. +1 the comment above!
    A2M is a great app for manipulating sounds in unexpected ways.

  • @Svetlovska said:
    @BirbHope @HotStrange : thanks both for the listens, and the comments :) Yes, both Esion and DroneLab are great. I’m going for my daily walk soon, and will be wearing my Sennheiser Ambo ambient headphone/mics to record anything with potential that occurs en route straight into Esion. Every day a sonic adventure :)

    Yes! It’s like an experimental field recorder lol. Check out eternal flow drone and ephemeral dream if you want more drone stuff. I love both of them as well.

    Is a2m the audio to midi app? I have it but I’ve never paid for the full version.

  • edited May 27

    @HotStrange : let me counter offer Drone FX - completely standalone, so you have to screen cap it, but it’s a great semi-generative drone maker: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drone-fx/id499500746

    Yes: A2M is audio to midi, definitely worth the price for the full version, you can adjust the sensitivity, run the output through Rozeta , and capture it in Atom, to build actually musical pieces from any random screeching you might have put in… ;) (I know I do… )

  • @Svetlovska said:
    @HotStrange : let me counter offer Drone FX - completely standalone, so you have to screen cap it, but it’s a great semi-generative drone maker: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drone-fx/id499500746

    Yes: A2M is audio to midi, definitely worth the price for the full version, you can adjust the sensitivity, run the output through Rozeta , and capture it in Atom, to build actually musical pieces from any random screeching you might have put in… ;) (I know I do… )

    I’ve known about Drone FX for years but never bit the bullet. Is it still functioning fine on iOS 15.m? For $2.99 I might go ahead and grab it. I’d love a new drone synth.

    I’ll look more into A2M. I was stricken by the idea as soon as I saw but I just never dove in. It seems really cool though.

  • Yes, Drone FX is working fine, you can plan chord progressions, and there is a well chosen selection of drone and pluck noises to mess with, definitely worth it even though you will have to screen cap it for wav loops. And A2M is now one of my go-to’s on any wav based track of mine (which is most of them).

  • @Svetlovska said:
    Yes, Drone FX is working fine, you can plan chord progressions, and there is a well chosen selection of drone and pluck noises to mess with, definitely worth it even though you will have to screen cap it for wav loops. And A2M is now one of my go-to’s on any wav based track of mine (which is most of them).

    Thanks! I’m about to buy it now. I have a lot of apps without connectivity that have to use export or screen grabs. It doesn’t bother me like it seems to with some.

  • Fantastic!

Sign In or Register to comment.