Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio/iVCS3/iMS20 based tracks

edited July 2014 in Creations

I leapt at the iVCS3 back in March when it came out and have used it to a greater or lesser extent on all these 6 tracks. Part 1 was (obviously) done first and has been on soundcloud since then but has now been joined by parts 2 to 6. Other apps such as the Korg iMS20, Addictive, Sunrizer, JamUp Pro, Alchmey, Nave, Audiobus (of course!) and so on were also used (all held together with Nanostudio). As I do like the music from the "real" VCS3 era (Tangerine Dream, Jarre, etc) it's somewhat inevitable that what I produced is going to be along the same lines - so no idea what anyone else will make of it :-) But I very much enjoyed doing this (and learning the possibilities of the iVCS3 in the process).

Anyway here it is:

Comments

• I recognize that arp at ~3 min on part 3, I recently used it on a track, a bit differently though. Great Ambient work here.

Part 4 was my personal favorite, although I did skip around a bit.

I liked the build up in part 6 starting at :55 till about 1:55.

• I'm curious - how did you control all the other instruments with nanoStudio? My experience of ns is it is a closed system, MIDI in and audiobus out only. Did i miss an update detail?

• Sorry been on holiday with no/patchy WiFi so missed these comments. @WMWM: thanks - I think part 3 might be my favourite (are you allowed to have favourites on your own tracks?) but I do like the others a lot. Part 4 was started last year mainly with iMS20 on the work "test" iPad before I had to give it back :-) but reworked it quite a lot when I decided to add it to the collection.
    @DWARMAN: sadly it was a case of taking each loop or note from the other apps via audio bus into nanostudio on the TRG pads (or into Eden). Its a bit time consuming and of course the BPM is locked (unless you really want to rerecord everything) - but works for me. NS2 is awaited as much as the second coming of the great prophet Zarquon (a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference)......

• edited July 2014

@dwarman NS also has AB in for sampling. I have a bank of synths in NS derived from other apps. It has a record button on the AB panel making it pretty fluid.