Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SFM Tutorials: VirSyn Tera Pro

VirSyn Tera Pro - Presets Demo: No talk

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/tera-pro/id1578464219

The sound of this synth is Amazing…

A new series of tutorials will follow…

I hope you enjoy and do not forget to subscribe!

Comments

• Look forward to the tutorials :smile:

• sfmsfm
    edited May 2022

VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 1: Getting Started

In this first video we are going to give you an initial demonstration on how to navigate the User Interface of Tera Pro.

This video contains the following product demonstration:

• How to see the about screen
    • How to recall presets and navigate different folders of presets
    • How to recall previous recordings
    • How to record new performances
    • How to change the settings of Tera Pro
    • How to configure the internal keyboard to quantise, hold and change base note and scale
    • How to configure basic modules
    • How to connect basic modules
    • How to change a basic waveform
    • How to connect LFO and ADSR to a module like an oscillator or a filter or the AMP module
    • How to connect and remove a mixer
    • How to connect and remove a filter
    • Etc.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Tx!

You are welcome

• Excellent! The interface still confuses me to some extent.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Excellent! The interface still confuses me to some extent.

Yes it does the first times you use it…

• sfmsfm
    edited June 2022

VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 2: How to use the Common and Amp Modules

In this video we are going deeper and explain how the Common and Amp Modules work.

• How to create a new preset
    • How to use only the Common, Osc 1 and Amp Modules to start with
    • How to change the different settings for the Common Module
    • How to change the different settings for the Amp Module
    • How to apply Modulation sources and amount to module parameters
    • How to expand additional settings for each module
    • How to set Unison up to 8 voices
    • How to change the Envelope times int the Common module
    • How to blend 2 inputs inside the Amp module
    • How to add overdrive to the blended inputs in the Amp module
    • How to modulate pan in the Amp module
    • How to bypass blend and overdrive in the Amp module to go straight to the FX section
    • Etc.

• This synth sounds incredible, particulate in the low register…

• Thanks @sfm these are really helpful vids. Can you explain how to change the target of an LFO please?

• sfmsfm
    edited June 2022

VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 3: How to use LFOs to modulate other Modules

In this video we are going to explain how LFOs work and how to apply them to other modules inside Tera Pro.

• How to assign different sources of modulation and change the modulation amount
    • How to change the waveform of the LFO used to modulate
    • How to change the rate and level of the LFO signal
    • How to change the synch of the LFO overall or per different voices
    • How to use multiple LFOs to modulate each other
    • Etc.

• VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 4: How to use the 3 Oscillators

In this video we are going to explain how to use the 3 internal oscillators.

• How each oscillator works
    • How to change pitch coarse and fine
    • How to modulate pitch
    • How to use unison and retuning
    • How to use Phase Modulation and corresponding additional modulation
    • How to work with the FM Ration against the master pitch
    • How to use Oscillator 1 to French modulate another Oscillator like Oscilaltor 2
    • How to adjust the FM Index of in this case Oscillator 2
    • How to choose from 64 waveforms
    • How to create a custom waveform using 256 partials
    • Etc.

• VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 5: How to use the Spectrum Oscillator

In this video we are going to explain how to use the spectrum oscillator.

• How to use the track function
    • How to change pitch fixed or not based on tracking
    • How to detune the 6 oscillators
    • How to morph from Oscillator A to Oscillator B
    • How to apply on overall cutoff to the filters
    • How to draw Oscillator harmonics from 128 partials per Oscillator
    • How to draw Filters
    • How to randomise waveforms
    • How to apply presets to filters and oscillators partials
    • How to change from Additive to Walsh to Wavelet to Operator Generator synthesis
    • Etc.

• VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 6: How to use the Wave Shaper to create new presets and sounds

In this video we are going to explain how to use the Wave Shaper module in conjunction to lots of other modules.

• How to call for the Wave Shaper module
    • How to use partials to change the spectrum and create a new wave shaping function
    • How to change the level used to evolve the use of the wave shape function and change the output
    • How to use the Wave Shaper module to create a new preset
    • Etc.

• Thanks, Leo

• VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 7: Physical Modelling Synthesis using Karplus

In this video we are going to explain how to use the Karplus module to create unique textures and presets.

• How to set the Karplus module
    • How to change the parameter of Karplus, 2 inputs, feedback, Cutoff etc.
    • How to create various presets using filters, ADSRs, Mixer, Oscillators etc.
    • How to use White and Pink Noise to create presets using some physical modelling synthesis
    • Etc.

• Thanks!

• VirSyn Teraverse- Tutorial: Getting Started (great companion to Tera Pro)

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/teraverse/id1632950527

In this video we are going to give you an initial demonstration on how to navigate the User Interface of Teraverse. Listen to the great sound of Tera Pro and browse through the fantastic images.

• How to navigate the UI and user the star controls
    • How to change default settings
    • How to morph and stack sounds
    • How to play a single preset
    • How to navigate through more than 1800 presets
    • Etc.

• VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 8: WaveTable Oscillator IAP (3 copies to win)

A new IAP that let you add a WaveTable oscillator to Tera Pro.

• Intro do Wavetable
    • How to add the Wavetable oscillator
    • How to configure the different parameters of the new oscillator
    • Etc.

• VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 9: BrainZ Module Demo (Giveaway in the video description)

A new IAP that let you add 16 different synthesis types…

• Intro do Brainz
    • Intro to the UI
    • Presets demo
    • Etc.

• IOS VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 10: FM 7 Module Demo (Giveaway in the video description)

The FM 7 module adds classical 6 operator FM synthesis to Tera Pro. This engine allows for exact replication of the original sound from 1983 with all digital grittiness. For friends of modern clean sound we’ve added a clean “Hi Res” engine at your demand. FM 7 in Tera Pro accepts the original sysex files found everywhere int the net for download giving you hundred of thousands sounds to begin with.

But we didn’t stop there: To make editing fm synthesis a breeze instead of a nightmare we changed the way to interact with the intricate details of the engine in a drastically simplified fashion. Now everybody can program fm sounds with ease.

Thanks to be embedded inside Tera Pro you can use two FM 7 engines in one path, build your special version with all available filters, shapers and whatever comes to your mind.

• Intro to the controls
    • Demo of some of the presets
    • Overview of each part of the module
    • Etc.

• edited August 2023

Something which continues to baffle me is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add modules wherever I want in the chain. I'd also like to be able to move modules around. Every time I use this amazing synth I just end up using preset patches because modular still makes no sense to me, no matter how many videos I watch. :D

• @NeuM said:
    Something which continues to baffle me is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add modules wherever I want in the chain. I'd also like to be able to move modules around. Every time I use this amazing synth I just end up using preset patches because modular still makes no sense to me, no matter how many videos I watch. :D

It is because of the developer choice to connect modules by calling them in the chain, yes you cannot just drag and drop, but it is ok when you get used to… i overlook that because of how good it sounds…

• @NeuM said:

You don’t add source (module) then search for a destination to connect.

It’s reverse paradigm. On destination input you select which source you like. Then TP adds that module to the appropriate slot.

It’s beautifully designed synth, quick and effective.

• @NeuM said:

Mostly, you have to imagine it in steps backwards to usual, backwards from the last thing in the chain, and not drag and drop, but clicking on the input of that module, and then from the drop down list that appears choosing something else as the input.

So that is obviously not "intuitive" relative to us being used to thinking both the other way round and looking for modules some other way. But as soon as you know that much it's as straightforward as anything else, more so than most things.

If I had an oscillator going straight to an amp, and then I thought mm, I want to put a filter after the oscillator,
    what I really have to think, is of the amp, having a filter as its input, and then, the filter's input being the oscillator. Changing the input of the amp from the oscillator to the filter immediately adds the filter module in the chain, and that's the lightbulb moment, then change the filter input as required.
    Just take 5 minutes out to change a few inputs of things and see the resulting modules. Click-and-holding on minimized strips expands horizontally to see that module's full panel of controls.

• @Luxthor said:

@NeuM said:

It’s reverse paradigm. On destination input you select which source you like. Then TP adds that module to the appropriate slot.

When you want to create a brand new patch, what's your first step? Where's the "Init"?

• @NeuM said:

@Luxthor said:

@NeuM said:

When you want to create a brand new patch, what's your first step? Where's the "Init"?

• @Luxthor said:

@NeuM said:

@Luxthor said:

@NeuM said:

Ah. Thanks. That is not at all obvious. I guess I need to create my own "Init" patch...

• @NeuM said:

Just watch videos from this thread, Leo is a perfect teacher.

• @Luxthor said:

@NeuM said:

Just watch videos from this thread, Leo is a perfect teacher.

👍

• IOS VirSyn Tera Pro - Tutorial 10: RingZ Module Demo / Tutorial [Giveaway in the description]

RingZ is a resonator, the essential ingredient at the heart of several physical modeling synthesis techniques. The resonator transforms an external, unpitched excitation audio signal into a full-bodied pitched sound. RingZ is the bar, the tube or the bunch of strings you cause to vibrate with a bursty
    external signal.

Special thanks to Mutable Instruments for providing the RINGS code under MIT license. The RingZ module is based on this code.

• Intro to the controls
    • Demo of some of the presets
    • Overview of each synthesis
    • How to use input and input modulation
    • How to use Strum and CV IN
    • How to apply effects
    • Etc.