Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TonalEnergy Tuner is on the bus

I believe this makes it the first tuner to do so!

http://appstore.com/tonalenergytuner

http://tonalenergy.com

Why would I bother, do you ask? Because it also has some nice spectral analysis features that make it interesting to analyze some of your own synths/etc, when you place it in the filter or output slots of AB. Note that it passes the incoming audio through unchanged when in the filter slot.

It also happens to have some decent orchestral wind and brass instruments (with optional auto-vibrato) that you can play via virtual midi (I will likely provide them to ThumbJam users soon). It has interesting Just intonation support with auto-chord recognition for those of you who like that sort of thing. Record, playback and export available, so you can loop recordings for easy analysis in the app. Midi sync-able metronome is there too, just in case.

It does have a dedicated external display support, but unfortunately Apple doesn't let those operate when the app is in the background, otherwise it would be great for doing spectral analysis of your AB performances on a TV while playing another app... oh well!

Comments

• Any demos of the samples anywhere? Although I can see it has oodles of well thought out features, knowing me, I would probably just play the samples. :)

• Hmmm... spectral analysis. This could be really handy if we could have two effects slots and could also stick in the Remaster eq app so if a sound has a lot of frequencies at say 50 khz, we could use subtractive eq to help mix tracks together. or if your app could be used within a daw like harmonic dog.