Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Got Migraine?🤯

edited May 22 in Off-topic

First I’d like to apologize to everyone who participated in a thread/poll I posted yesterday re: IPad vs Standalone music workstations. It was a great discussion and somehow I accidentally deleted it due to clumbsy fingers trying to avoid a recently cracked iPhone screen.😞 Just wanted to acknowledge my mistake and let you all know that it won’t happen again.

With that, my name is Cap’n Willie, and I suffer from Chronic Migraines and Cluster Headaches.

For those that don’t/haven’t experience them, they are extremely debilitating headaches. For me, that is an understatement as I’m pretty much handicapped, blind and I’ve even had suicidal thoughts when experiencing severe ones. Yeah…it really REALLY sucks.

I’ve suffered chronic migraines for as far back as I can remember. Mine are triggered by many different things from simply waiting to long to eat, dehydration, sleep deprivation to air pressure change, pollen count, food allergy, stress and most relevant to this discussion…strained eyes from staring at tech screens.

For years I suffered severe migraines due to eye strain and they are absolutely the worst ones of all. It starts with typical eye strain symptoms like eye twitches. Next, it escalates to blue spots, nausea, extreme light and sensory sensitivity (ears, touch, smell, sight). I usually lose sight in one or both eyes. I must find complete silence and darkness when the pain sets in.

I tried every medication on the market from Imitrex to Cannabis. I tried oxygen treatment. I tried special glasses that battle migraines due to light sensitivity. Nothing worked consistently.

A few years ago, I read a paper about how chronic migraine suffering has exploded with the rise of smartphones, tablets and higher res gaming. The study came to a conclusion that many migraines result from eye strain due to the fact we hold these devices closer to our face and/or…the higher resolution content is so much more compelling that you stare, blink and look away less than ever resulting in more migraines and eye problems.

The study recommended never staring at any screen longer than 15 minutes before briefly glancing away at something Atleast 20 feet away. This resets your focus and relaxes muscles around your eye releasing pressure.

GAME CHANGING

Since learning about this very simple lifestyle tweak I enjoy longer computer and gaming sessions. In addition to glancing away momentarily every 15 minutes, I take a break, close and rest my eyes for atleast 3 minutes every hour.

Haven’t had a screen/eye strain induced migraine in ages.

Anyways, just thought I’d create this thread to support any chronic migraine sufferers out there. I know what it’s like and how disruptive it is to productivity and mental health. I hope this information or any shared in this thread below helps someone.

Do you suffer too?
How often?
What works for you?

Let’s talk about it.

Comments

• Thanks for sharing, I struggle with this too. I’ll try your tips but don’t have too much to add. Those glasses that filter out the blue light seem to help with the eye strain but I hate wearing them when I’m working on headphones. I’m constantly looking at screens, can’t be good…

Also- I set everything to night mode all the time as well. Don’t know if that makes it better or worse but I seem to like it…

• @maxwellhouser said:
    Thanks for sharing, I struggle with this too. I’ll try your tips but don’t have too much to add. Those glasses that filter out the blue light seem to help with the eye strain but I hate wearing them when I’m working on headphones. I’m constantly looking at screens, can’t be good…

Also- I set everything to night mode all the time as well. Don’t know if that makes it better or worse but I seem to like it…

Hey bro. I too hate wearing the glasses. Good tip with night mode. Thanks. I keep my devices at around 65-75% brightness which seems to help.

Thanks for dropping in and sharing. Hope no migraines on the horizon for us 🙏🏽

• @CapnWillie said:
    ..................my name is Cap’n Willie, and I suffer from Chronic Migraines and Cluster Headaches.

Yay! Me too!

For those that don’t/haven’t experience them, they are extremely debilitating headaches. For me, that is an understatement as I’m pretty much handicapped, blind and I’ve even had suicidal thoughts when experiencing severe ones. Yeah…it really REALLY sucks.

You nailed. I think being crazy helps. Or maybe it turned me crazy. Hmm, will think on that.

I’ve suffered chronic migraines for as far back as I can remember. Mine are triggered by many different things from simply waiting to long to eat, dehydration, sleep deprivation to air pressure change, pollen count, food allergy, stress and most relevant to this discussion…strained eyes from staring at tech screens.

Same here. 40 years and counting. A bump on the head. To much brightness. Not enough water. Too much sugar (and many other foods). Hunger. Toxic smells. Smoke. Cigarette smoke. All smoke. Staring at a computer.Standing for too long. Sitting for too long. Wearing that "why does the dude keep talking when surely he can see I don't give a shit" look on my face for a long time. Stress. Sudden lack of stress.

For years I suffered severe migraines due to eye strain and they are absolutely the worst ones of all. It starts with typical eye strain symptoms like eye twitches. Next, it escalates to blue spots, nausea, extreme light and sensory sensitivity (ears, touch, smell, sight). I usually lose sight in one or both eyes. I must find complete silence and darkness when the pain sets in.

I get a variety too. My personal favourite is the one where my eye feels like it wants to explode because there is a band of excruciating pain running from the base of my skull to the rear of my eye leading to hyper light and sound sensitivity. Luckily, just before I give in to the desire to drill a hole in my head to let out the pressure I start vomiting uncontrollably. Luckily that only lasts 4 to 8 hours or until I fall asleep from exhaustion and pain. When I finally wake I usually feel like I have been born again, or awakened from a sleep in the peaceful garden of clouds for beds. I am calm, relaxed and talk like I am in a library.

I tried every medication on the market from Imitrex to Cannabis. I tried oxygen treatment. I tried special glasses that battle migraines due to light sensitivity. Nothing worked consistently.

Same. Nothing works. Or to put it more accurately, FOR FUCKS SAKE IN THIS WORLD OF TECHNOLOGICAL ACHIEVEMENTS NOTHING WORKS???!!!

A few years ago, I read a paper about how chronic migraine suffering has exploded with the rise of smartphones, tablets and higher res gaming. The study came to a conclusion that many migraines result from eye strain due to the fact we hold these devices closer to our face and/or…the higher resolution content is so much more compelling that you stare, blink and look away less than ever resulting in more migraines and eye problems.

Actually, mine are a little less frequent these days.

The study recommended never staring at any screen longer than 15 minutes before briefly glancing away at something Atleast 20 feet away. This resets your focus and relaxes muscles around your eye releasing pressure.

GAME CHANGING

Since learning about this very simple lifestyle tweak I enjoy longer computer and gaming sessions. In addition to glancing away momentarily every 15 minutes, I take a break, close and rest my eyes for atleast 3 minutes every hour.

Haven’t had a screen/eye strain induced migraine in ages.

Anyways, just thought I’d create this thread to support any chronic migraine sufferers out there. I know what it’s like and how disruptive it is to productivity and mental health. I hope this information or any shared in this thread below helps someone.

Fingers crossed I can remember that. Sounds worth a try, even if just to eliminate one protagonist.

Do you suffer too?
    How often?
    What works for you?

No. Wait yes, hey, maybe I had a stroke during one of those migraines.

Varies. Every few days, in clusters of several days to 1 total mind fuck every month or 2.

Drugs that make be go nightly night.

Let’s talk about it.

I don't wanna. I talked about it for 40 years and it's just left me pissed off. Now I just want to enjoy the bits between migraines.

• Oh yeah. Alcohol. I mean it's an obvious one.But it's almost like an allergy. Before I even get through a single drink I can hear the base of my skull saying you stupid fucker, you are at it again, now here comes the pain. And no, I'm not a big drinker. A couple on a weekend socially is about it.

• there are studies suggesting that psilocibin (i can never spell this word) mushrooms can help reduce cluster headaches, as well as migraines in some people.

• edited May 22

😭🤣 @Ailerom 😩😭🤦🏽‍♂️

Dooooooooooood! First, thanks for all that. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed at anything related to this curse.

“ Wearing that "why does the dude keep talking when surely he can see I don't give a shit" look on my face for a long time.” 👀🤦🏽‍♂️🤣

If I get a f****ing headache for laughing too hard I swear I’ll hate your guts forever lol.

It’s so wild to me that our experiences are so similar, they can see it on brain scans and know what’s causing it yet like you said so colorfully…no cure.💀

You did remind me of a few things that certainly help as well that I didn’t mention in my op.

SLEEP. I meditate by counting backwards from 1000. I have some issue with numbers ADD or Dyslexia perhaps so it’s pretty hard to do and requires focus which exhausts me and puts me to sleep quicker.

Sexual pleasure. Don’t mean to be crass but If you have a partner…have them rub/blow one out for you. Helps distract from the pain and if they’re really good…strong climax puts me out.

Pressure point massage. My wife presses in that sensitive meaty area in the fold of my thumb firm enough that I’m present in that feeling but not hard enough that it hurts.

Anyways…thanks for blessing us with your crazy @Ailerom Hilarious.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    there are studies suggesting that psilocibin (i can never spell this word) mushrooms can help reduce cluster headaches, as well as migraines in some people.

How and when? Is there a specific way to consume (tea, raw, microdose pill, etc). During the pain or must you dose before the pain?

I’ve heard a lot of great things about psychedelic treatment for many things so I’m definitely open to it. I just haven’t explored Shrooms much since it never had much psychedelic effect on me at all. Just made me fart a lot.💨

Thanks for the nudge I’ll look more into how it may treat the headaches specifically 🤙🏽

• @CapnWillie said:
    😭🤣 @Ailerom 😩😭🤦🏽‍♂️

Dooooooooooood! First, thanks for all that. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed at anything related to this curse.

“ Wearing that "why does the dude keep talking when surely he can see I don't give a shit" look on my face for a long time.” 👀🤦🏽‍♂️🤣

If I get a f****ing headache for laughing too hard I swear I’ll hate your guts forever lol.

It’s so wild to me that our experiences are so similar, they can see it on brain scans and know what’s causing it yet like you said so colorfully…no cure.💀

You did remind me of a few things that certainly help as well that I didn’t mention in my op.

SLEEP. I meditate by counting backwards from 1000. I have some issue with numbers ADD or Dyslexia perhaps so it’s pretty hard to do and requires focus which exhausts me and puts me to sleep quicker.

Sexual pleasure. Don’t mean to be crass but If you have a partner…have them rub/blow one out for you. Helps distract from the pain and if they’re really good…strong climax puts me out.

Pressure point massage. My wife presses in that sensitive meaty area in the fold of my thumb firm enough that I’m present in that feeling but not hard enough that it hurts.

Anyways…thanks for blessing us with your crazy @Ailerom Hilarious.

I'm way ahead of you on the sexy time. Although after all the time we've been together I think she might be starting to think I'm faking it.

Actually, pilates based neck and shoulder exercises are not bad. I think they control a few of the smaller headaches that sometimes evolve into a migraine.

And I forgot to mention blood pressure. When I started taking blood pressure tablets it had a big impact on the frequency of lesser headaches. You know, the ones other people call migraines.

• I am a raging insomniac as well. I often wake with a headache, not a migraine, because my neck gets impacted when I sleep heavily. So, yes, too good a sleep equals a headache, too little sleep equals a headache. What sort of madness is this? And yet I truly consider myself lucky. There is much worse. Although I am pissed about that Tea Party concert. The migraine ruined that for sure.

Actually, that's a big one. How hard is planning with migraines. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how many events I couldn't attend or had to leave because of migraines.

• @Ailerom said:

I'm way ahead of you on the sexy time. Although after all the time we've been together I think she might be starting to think I'm faking it.

😩😭. Knock it off. We’re trying to be serious here man.lol

Also a raging insomniac of 25+ years. I sleep maybe 1-4 hours per 24hrs in short naps until every 3rd day at which point I crash and sleep for 5-7 hours.

Luckily, I’ve only ever waken to a migraine 2-3 times in my life and I definitely have to be kept away from any firearms or sharp objects. Seriously. As you mentioned before, an almost uncontrollable urge to drill, stab or shoot the source of the pain. Usually base of my skull, behind eye or pulsing vein in the temple area.

Some times I can seemingly locate the culprit nerve in my head, neck or behind my ear and press really hard for temporary pain relief. However, when it slips away the pain comes back with a vengeance.

• An eye massager on silent, hot compress behind neck and acupuncture mat also help take the edge off less severe migraines.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SM61FCT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dl_80A0MD2SHST7KF9ZBDX8

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I1QCPIK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WQ91S4A24AMJC6CW33P1

• Thanks for the recommendations here. I find some of them work for me too.

One interesting one is capsaicin + any alcohol.

• Oh jeez, that is brutal you have had to deal with these. I feel for you! A coworker of mine got them regularly. It seemed like maybe in their case it was some overall underlying personal stresses that triggered them. Once they made some life choices and dealt with some heavy issues it seemed to go away for them. Seemed like repressed emotional stuff. Sounds like it can be a variety of things though. I have had maybe three migraines in my life. The blurry vision, nausea, pressure etc quite debilitating. Would be brutal on the regular, that is for sure.

• @mjcouche said:
    Thanks for the recommendations here. I find some of them work for me too.

Hmmm. Just looked capsaicin up…appears to be an active compound found in chili peppers? Over the counter pill? How exactly do you take it? Alcohol dehydrates me causing headaches. Is there an alternative?

• @AudioGus said:
    Oh jeez, that is brutal you have had to deal with these. I feel for you! A coworker of mine got them regularly. It seemed like maybe in their case it was some overall underlying personal stresses that triggered them. Once they made some life choices and dealt with some heavy issues it seemed to go away for them. Seemed like repressed emotional stuff. Sounds like it can be a variety of things though. I have had maybe three migraines in my life. The blurry vision, nausea, pressure etc quite debilitating. Would be brutal on the regular, that is for sure.

Thanks bro! 🙏🏽. Empathy is gracious and much appreciated. Years ago I felt that no one really understood what we were going through. I’ve lost many opportunities due to people thinking I was flakey for cancelling events due to sudden migraines. We always get a warning a few minutes before they hit and it doesn’t matter what commitment we’ve made…there is no powering through it. If anyone says they have they didn’t have a real migraine.

• I was suffering from migraine at my 20’s/early 30’s. My migraine seizures always started with a partial loss of vision that turned into a terrible headache within an hour.
    What helped me to manage the seizures is to take my headache/migraine pill immediately at the first vision related symptoms.
    This always reversed the progress of the seizure. I got back my vision within 10-15 mins and the headache didn’t develop at all. The key was to take the pills as soon as possible. If I took the pills at the headache phase it was too late.
    The pills called Quarelin. It has 3 main ingredients: Metamizol, Drotaverin and Caffeine.
    Unfortunately it’s available only in a few countries in Europe, but you may find these ingredients separately in other pills + a cup of strong espresso.

• edited May 22

Squeezing here gets rid of any headache/migrate for me........

.......until I let go then it comes back. It's it's a great trick when I have to be out and about or paying attention with a migraine.

Wish there was a simple trick for my tinnitus. Constantly sounds like I'm in an emergency room and 5 peo0e are flatlining.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Squeezing here gets rid of any headache/migrate for me........

.......until I let go then it comes back. It's it's a great trick when I have to be out and about or paying attention with a migraine.

Wish there was a simple trick for my tinnitus. Constantly sounds like I'm in an emergency room and 5 peo0e are flatlining.

Learned that one around 1995. Does nothing for me. Apparently a fix for some lucky people though.

• @CapnWillie said:
    Some times I can seemingly locate the culprit nerve in my head, neck or behind my ear and press really hard for temporary pain relief. However, when it slips away the pain comes back with a vengeance.

I hear that. I think my wife has stopped massaging because there is no point. I mean it provides relieve while being massaged but afterward the headache just comes back.

• @mjcouche said:
    Thanks for the recommendations here. I find some of them work for me too.

Are you saying take capsaicin with alcahol works to avoid/reduce headaches?

• Capsaicin has been shown to help ease migraine pain.

• I'm afraid I can't add anything new to what has already been said about migraine.

except for tinitus and the sleep problems:
    for years an app has been helping me that plays sounds to distract me (ipad internal speakers). i listen to "roman bath noise", "car interior", drone sounds, nature sounds (rain forest,...) every (!) night when i want to fall asleep.
    it really distracts from the tinitus.

it also helps me (a bit) with migraines. or against stress and for relaxation or when too much noise disturbs (cars, dogs, neighbours, construction sites,...)

there are many apps, also free of charge.
    the important thing is to find the "right" volume for you !
    just loud enough to distract attention from the tinitus without being too loud.
    when you use it for the first time, it may be annoying for the first few minutes, but after a few minutes you get used to it.
    it helps me a lot to fall asleep !

• Last ten years or so I’ve got progressively worse from them, first exercise and dehydration, now almost random from all or some, or sometimes none of the triggers others have described.

Getting plenty of sleep seems to help, plus over hydrating before exercise. I’ve been using 5htp to help me sleep longer, which has some effect I think, but also it may have some similar properties to sumatriptan which is a pretty heavy medication they gave me for emergencies.

After reading a book recommended to me by a heavy sufferer, I tried the keto/no carbs thing for a bit last year, but while I could feel it was having an effect on the migraines, the joy of good food was sapped from life. I’ve kinda adapted it into trying to eat less carbs than other things, so I’ll have black bread with cheese on it with my eggs instead of white sourdough. Not sure how much it helps, but it sure is tasty 😋

• @TomNoise said:
    the important thing is to find the "right" volume for you !

Bingo! I'm yet to find anything other than medication. Relaxation music seems to irritate me. And if I put on music I like I just lie there listening to it, hyper analyzing every element. There are more than a few albums that I know every detail of because I've laid awake listening until the last note, night after night. I used to do that with Dark Side of the Moon. Must have heard that album hundreds of times from start to finish.

Sometimes I have luck with a blinking technique but it is hit and miss. The trick is, you blink quickly and repeatedly for about 30 seconds. It is supposed to tire your eyes out. Not sure why it would work in darkness, especially when the active brain is the problem, but sometimes it does.

Also box breathing is an occasional winner.

• @CapnWillie

I too have suffered the life changing pain of Cluster headaches and Migraines. Mine came on about 20 years ago. Yearly attacks of about 6 weeks to 3 months for many years. About 6 years ago the episodic nature changed to being constant. I have not had a whole week go by now without a CH attack and have either a CH or Migraine attack most days.

While the pain can be extreme as you know, I am now lucky to have mostly low to mid level pain now. The more life changing aspects for myself have been: the misunderstanding of health professionals and people, poor sleep patterns, confusion and forgetfulness, medication issues, depression, fatigue, exercise problems and weight gain, anxiety, central nervous system problems and lack of ability to hold down any permanent work.

The nature of my attacks changes but follows patterns. My most common things to avoid if I want to keep the pain, duration and quantity of attacks to a minimum are:
    Stress, alcohol, heightened heart rate (heavy exercise), extreme heat or cold and people. Obviously some of them are difficult to avoid.

My best coping strategies are:
    Quiet spaces, meditation, maintaining enough sleep, avoiding crowds and annoying people, positive thinking, nature, the love and support of my wife.

Not a lot more to say; just keep strong and try to find that sweet spot of life that makes it all worth while. Best wishes Bat.

• edited May 22

I got rid of my migraine 25 years ago and it never returned. I had migraine attacks about 1 or 2 times per year since I was 16. During an attack l could only lie in a dark room and relax. An attack lasted for a couple of days and even strongest pain killers didn’t help. I think it was the front right side where I had the pain.

I think I was about 27 when I had a new girlfriend and she studied the alternative medicine. She recommended me to have a Reiki treatment and she knows an experienced therapist from her medicine school. I was not convinced of it but she pushed hard that I try. So started the treatment. After the first session I felt my skepticism confirmed. The therapist just gently laid her hand on me. Her verdict was that my energy flow is disturbed and my Chakras are blocked. I remained skeptical. Too esoteric for my taste.

On the third or fourth session suddenly something happened. A sensation from within I have no words for. Like a touch on my inside in a non physical way. I wasn’t sure if this was real. After the session the therapist was very excited. She wanted that I tell her everything I experienced. It was obvious she noticed that something happened. I described my sensations and she said that she thinks that the treatment managed to unblock the chakras and my energy can flow again.

What shall I say, Reiki healed me. I started this without believing in it. I did it only because my girlfriend pushed me. I even remained skeptical during the treatment. But in the end it helped me and cured me forever. I wanted to understand what happened and I learned about the background of this approach. From the view of western medicine Reiki has no effect and is scientifically unproven. It relates to old Asian concepts, especially traditional Chinese medicine that includes an energy system of the body with meridians and chakras. Acupuncture is also based on this concept.

• edited May 22

OmG!

I went back and forth before creating this thread pondering if there’d be anyone who could relate. Never imagined there’d be this many folks here suffering from these dreaded headquakes.

@Fruitbat1919 first off Heeeey bro!!! You’re def a sn I recognize from the old days. We’ve had many many exchanges around ABF in days past and I now realize many of my old regular forum buddies don’t recognize me since returning from hiatus and being christened with this spiffy new sn by @LinearLineman I can’t remember my first screen name but most recently before this one I was @Willienegus

Anyways, my god I can’t even fathom suffering these things with that consistency. I do have family who have marathon episodes of headaches that last days. I’m a pretty strong dude mentally and physically having endured everything from prison to poverty but I seriously doubt I could handle a migraine that stretched weeks. In fact I’m positive I couldn’t. So man, I’ve recently added faith to my life’s toolbox and I’ll be praying for you brother.

In fact, I’ll be praying specifically for everyone in this thread.

@Anonymous i mentioned I too get some mild relief from the pressure point technique in your illustration. I think the key there is misdirection. It distracts the mind temporarily. My wife immediately goes into full operation destract as soon as I mention one is coming on and it helps tremendously.

As @Ailerom mentioned, at some point hours in I get so nauseated from the pain that I vomit violently. Some how, this drastically reduces the pain as if I’m throwing up a headquake demon. It really does feel and probably look like an exorcism. After, sleep and/or full recovery is imminent.

@Krupa i definitely used to experience exercise induced migraines. I learned that heavy hydration and absolutely no sugar prior to physical exertion did the trick. As a kid and avid Hooper (all state basketball player) migraine was particularly disruptive as I’d frequently miss practice and games. We realized that nervousness before games would bring them on at times which really really sucked. Stage fright ’ remained a trigger that impacted my very brief Runway modeling career as the nerves mixed with camera flashes resulted in me getting in instant cluster headache causing me to vomit on stage at a Jean Paul Gautier show during fashion week! No one wanted to work with me after that debacle 😩🤦🏽‍♂️. I digress, sugar is something to avoid and probably at the core of the carb diet philosophy considering carbs turn to sugar during digestion.

@TomNoise not tinnitus AND migraines. Sheesh. I think I’ve experienced brief bouts although it could have been temporary damage to my ears due to exposing myself to so much loud music monitoring. It’s maddening. I can’t imagine dealing with it permanently. I really do hope I can avoid it as I have uncles who suffer from it permanently in addition to vertigo. The combination sounds absolutely dreadful. Sending light and healing energy bro.

@GLacey glad you found a way to kill ‘em off early. I tried every med prescribable in America and nothing could accomplish that also there were always severe side effects with every prescription so I avoid meds that aren’t all natural now. I remember caffeine being a major ingredient in many of the prescription and also…excedrin Migraine which is ironic considering caffeine is definitely a trigger for mine. I do have some success bombing out on heavy indica cannabis strains when I feel the initial sensory issues coming on. I think the intense high just destracts my mind long enough that I get to sleep before the pain sets in and I always awake fine.

@krassmann ive definitely gotten great results from reiki, acupuncture, ayahuasca and other alternative therapy techniques. Can’t say any of it has cured anything but I’ve seen much improvement in many areas of life mentally, physically and spiritually. I used to be a really aggressive, quick tempered guy. Post reiki, acu, and ayahuasca…much more calm, empathetic and peaceful which has helped me exponentially spanning my social to business life experiences. I highly recommend an ayahuasca retreat at least once in life. Especially for men.

Gosh. So many people suffer from these things. Thanks for sharing folks. While im lucky that it appears I’ve outgrown migraine save the eye strain induced sort or Atleast have found and can avoid triggers…I certainly have experienced the chronic suffering and empathize with all who deal with it past or present.

Best health and wellness wishes to you all 🙏🏽.

• @CapnWillie said:

@Fruitbat1919 first off Heeeey bro!!! You’re def a sn I recognize from the old days. We’ve had many many exchanges around ABF in days past and I now realize many of my old regular forum buddies don’t recognize me since returning from hiatus and being christened with this spiffy new sn by @LinearLineman I can’t remember my first screen name but most recently before this one I was @Willienegus

Yeah did wonder if it was you. No doubt will chat again here at some point. Keep happy dude :)

• edited May 22

How awful for migraine sufferers, I’m very sorry for you.
    Never had one and never want one. It’s annoying and bad enough being set back and distracted by a normal headache, but I can’t imagine being knocked down by a migraine.
    My colleague at work is a regular migraine sufferer. Most times just having to give up and go home. Terrible. We are spending more and more time working on phone and computer screens these days and even I am noticing it causing me more mild headaches than I’ve ever had before after a day’s work. We are having to make sure we step away more often from our terminals for 5-10 minute breaks throughout the day. She has changed her work monitor to dark mode which has helped a bit. Turning off the flourescent lighting also helps her. Making sure to drink plenty of water and eating adequately throughout the day can also reduce the chances of triggering a headache or migraine.