Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Great video about a workflow with Koala and Korg nanoKontrol 2

Comments

  • Great idea! :+1:

  • I gotta check this out! If this video blows my mind in even the slightest, looks like I may be out of $80 soon. 😅

  • Hey J, if this video doesn’t blow your mind enough, look up how to unlock the hidden Easter egg in Koala! You can thank me later! 😅

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I gotta check this out! If this video blows my mind in even the slightest, looks like I may be out of $80 soon. 😅

  • edited May 21

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I gotta check this out! If this video blows my mind in even the slightest, looks like I may be out of $80 soon. 😅

    I bought my NK2 for just 40 bucks second hand. I know you are a Korg Gadget user and the NK2 ist supported natively by Gadget and lets you control the mixer and transport. Absolutely dope - go and get it. You will love it. It’s very portable, too.

  • edited May 22

    Yeah, Michael makes great videos. Always a blast watching his content.

  • I marked up my NanoKontrol with a blackboard marker to remember where everything is. Works super well with Koala

  • I like the nano kontrol so much I’ve got 4 now! One for koala setup similar to this, one for pure acid and the other vary for other synths. They were all not more as 25 euros second hand. I actually prefer v1, as it has 9 ‘channels’, faders and knobs.

  • @krassmann said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I gotta check this out! If this video blows my mind in even the slightest, looks like I may be out of $80 soon. 😅

    I bought my NK2 for just 40 bucks second hand. I know you are a Korg Gadget user and the NK2 ist supported natively by Gadget and lets you control the mixer and transport. Absolutely dope - go and get it. You will love it. It’s very portable, too.

    Khordmaster did a vid about that. Good for playing live. Would be even greater if they were Bluetooth like the Studio version.

  • @krassmann said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I gotta check this out! If this video blows my mind in even the slightest, looks like I may be out of $80 soon. 😅

    I bought my NK2 for just 40 bucks second hand. I know you are a Korg Gadget user and the NK2 ist supported natively by Gadget and lets you control the mixer and transport. Absolutely dope - go and get it. You will love it. It’s very portable, too.

    That's amazing! :) After watching the video, while PlayPM's workflow may not be how I'd use the NK2 exactly, I'm definitely going to invest in that controller! The capabilities! 🤩 Can the NK2 be used with Loopy Pro as well?

  • edited May 24

    This is a dope video. Love this dudes Kaola series.

    So far Arturia’s Beatstep is my fav controller for Kaola. Especially if you use it in landscape mode. The vel*press sensitive pads automap perfectly, transport buttons and you have 16 knobs to control all of the performance effects.

    So basically you can do everything in this video and much more with Beatstep. Same price used. Bought mine for $50.

    NK2 + Beatstep for Drambo or Kaolambro 🔥

  • edited May 24

    @CapnWillie said:
    This is a dope video. Love this dudes Kaola series.

    So far Arturia’s Beatstep is my fav controller for Kaola. Especially if you use it in landscape mode. The vel*press sensitive pads automap perfectly, transport buttons and you have 16 knobs to control all of the performance effects.

    So basically you can do everything in this video and much more with Beatstep. Same price used. Bought mine for $50.

    NK2 + Beatstep for Drambo or Kaolambro 🔥

    Kaolambro 🤣🤣🤣

    I have a BeatStep Pro. I have to try this. Are you also using the squencer?

  • @krassmann said:

    @CapnWillie said:
    This is a dope video. Love this dudes Kaola series.

    So far Arturia’s Beatstep is my fav controller for Kaola. Especially if you use it in landscape mode. The vel*press sensitive pads automap perfectly, transport buttons and you have 16 knobs to control all of the performance effects.

    So basically you can do everything in this video and much more with Beatstep. Same price used. Bought mine for $50.

    NK2 + Beatstep for Drambo or Kaolambro 🔥

    Kaolambro 🤣🤣🤣

    I have a BeatStep Pro. I have to try this. Are you also using the squencer?

    No I haven’t used the sequencer yet but can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work. When I want to program beats I load up Drambo. Kaola is just so fun to play that i use just for sampling and finger drumming workflows. I still use the touchscreen to launch patterns while using knobs for fx. Super tight and fast.

    Launchpad X is also an excellent controller for Kaola. Best pads this side of Maschine. Landscape or Portrait you can set up 4 banks of pads and use another page for effects and still have scale modes. Chord and Sequencer if you have a pro.

    We are soooooo spoiled man.lol

    Koala, Drambo, Loopy Pro smh. If I had these tools 20 years my god.

  • Nanokontrol also has a local on/off for the LEDs, so you can control the button LEDs separate from their mapping or toggle/momentary state. Great device.

  • edited May 26

    @CapnWillie said:

    @krassmann said:

    @CapnWillie said:
    This is a dope video. Love this dudes Kaola series.

    So far Arturia’s Beatstep is my fav controller for Kaola. Especially if you use it in landscape mode. The vel*press sensitive pads automap perfectly, transport buttons and you have 16 knobs to control all of the performance effects.

    So basically you can do everything in this video and much more with Beatstep. Same price used. Bought mine for $50.

    NK2 + Beatstep for Drambo or Kaolambro 🔥

    Kaolambro 🤣🤣🤣

    I have a BeatStep Pro. I have to try this. Are you also using the squencer?

    No I haven’t used the sequencer yet but can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work. When I want to program beats I load up Drambo. Kaola is just so fun to play that i use just for sampling and finger drumming workflows. I still use the touchscreen to launch patterns while using knobs for fx. Super tight and fast.

    Launchpad X is also an excellent controller for Kaola. Best pads this side of Maschine. Landscape or Portrait you can set up 4 banks of pads and use another page for effects and still have scale modes. Chord and Sequencer if you have a pro.

    We are soooooo spoiled man.lol

    Koala, Drambo, Loopy Pro smh. If I had these tools 20 years my god.

    So I’ve changed my fav to Akai MPD218. Beatstep is a good controller for Kaola because of pad layout and knobs but there is no way to change banks without creating a custom preset which is a fine but still lacks a few functions that MPD does well. NK2 is great but obviously lacks playable pads.

    First, I map 2 pad banks to Kaola. The final of the 3 available pad banks I map to 16 patterns so I can use it like a clip launcher while use 2 banks of knobs to effects. The final bank of knobs I map to sample edit parameters vol, pitch, pan, sample star, end and tempo.

    Maaaaaaan. Together with Akais amazing pads you have Sp404 workflow and then some. MPD218 also features note repeat which is great because Kaola is missing this feature as of yet.

  • koala has the note repeat
    From 4 to 64

  • @Gdub said:
    koala has the note repeat
    From 4 to 64

    Where?

  • NK1=4scenes

  • @CapnWillie
    Go to sequencer at the top, click the keyboard symbol below the scenes
    Choose the sample, Have the option of grid , keyboard, note repeat

  • @Gdub said:
    @CapnWillie
    Go to sequencer at the top, click the keyboard symbol below the scenes
    Choose the sample, Have the option of grid , keyboard, note repeat

    Oh Wow. Got it. Pretty slick how its implemented with pitch, vel and scale modes to get really expressive. Would have never found that. Thanks!

  • No worries
    Only had koala a few weeks
    I bloody love it !

  • @CapnWillie said:

    Koala, Drambo, Loopy Pro smh. If I had these tools 20 years my god.

    So I’ve changed my fav to Akai MPD218. Beatstep is a good controller for Kaola because of pad layout and knobs but there is no way to change banks without creating a custom preset which is a fine but still lacks a few functions that MPD does well. NK2 is great but obviously lacks playable pads.

    First, I map 2 pad banks to Kaola. The final of the 3 available pad banks I map to 16 patterns so I can use it like a clip launcher while use 2 banks of knobs to effects. The final bank of knobs I map to sample edit parameters vol, pitch, pan, sample star, end and tempo.

    Maaaaaaan. Together with Akais amazing pads you have Sp404 workflow and then some. MPD218 also features note repeat which is great because Kaola is missing this feature as of yet.

    Dammit, now I want an MPD218 ..that combo sounds amazing.

  • How about MPD 218 and Nanokontrol2 together?

    MPD 218 for pads, sample editing with knobs, NK2 for fx and scene launching. And still cheaper than almost anything else.

  • MPD X NK2 work very well together.

    Considering the sp404 from which Kaola was inspired only has 3 knobs I don’t really need more than the six on MpD. NK2 adds buttons so it got me thinking…let’s try Quneo by Keith McMillan. An oldie but super goodie. Especially since they are mpe compatible and the same size as iPad. Not too mention much lighter than MPD and magical pads. Noones ever come close to Quneo pads. Native instruments MK3 is closest iMO. Akai Push and Force are great also.

    Anyways…

    Whoa! Quneo X Kaola!!!

    Quneo’s slider banks are PERFECT for Kaola. They work exactly like the effect sliders in app with momentary or toggle hold or slide up and down. There are enough controls to map to EVERY function midi mappable in Kaola and than some plus transport.

    Sheesh.

Sign In or Register to comment.