Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Mixvibe's Remixlive The Perfect Beat Making App?

124»

Comments

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@Identor said:
    Beatmaking is not about the apps that’s used. It’s about knowledge and creativity.
    Having the best tools doesn’t make you a great artist.

You can make beats on so many different ways. There are many ways that leads to Rome.

Of course, but i mean, there's always ways to improve anything. A Modular Synth, a DAW, an App...
    That's what we're asking here.

Hi, so I reached out to support but haven’t heard back. I’m having some issues with certain effects on the xy pad. The filters and a couple others don’t seem to work, it just cuts to complete silence? Other than that, no issues so far. Enjoying the app, thanks for being here!

i had issues with the xy pad in the past. reported. never resolved.

That’s a pretty big bummer. I’m doing the free trial right now just to see how I like it. If it’s not fixed by the time my week is up, or I don’t hear back, I’ll just cancel.

Are you using a launchpad? mine was with controlling the XY from the launchpad grid.

I honestly didnt mind the app too much. I didn't use nearly all of it. I ultimately shelved it due to it being such a walled garden unto itself. But since you can map all your own pads now to midi in remix live, but it doesnt help if i cant send MIDI to it from AUM or anything else.

I was in the process of a workaround for it and got it mostly working, but ultimately it was a bit too involved and I wouldnt want to rely on it in a performance setting.

I do use Launchpad, and even though it has fewer features, I prefer the combo of Launchpad/Blocs Wave over Remixlive, at least for right now. It’s not a bad app, but having a glitch that bad with something so important (the effects) is basically a dealbreaker.

It’s not a workflow I use often anyway, but sometimes it’s nice to just have fun and jam out. Plus the soundpacks for the Ampify apps are so good.

• @HotStrange said:
    I do use Launchpad, and even though it has fewer features, I prefer the combo of Launchpad/Blocs Wave over Remixlive,

I was referring to the hardware launchpad mini, pro, or X. Thats where the issue I had w/ the XY pad is, using the controller's pads as the xy grid.

• @HotStrange said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@Identor said:
    Beatmaking is not about the apps that’s used. It’s about knowledge and creativity.

You can make beats on so many different ways. There are many ways that leads to Rome.

Of course, but i mean, there's always ways to improve anything. A Modular Synth, a DAW, an App...

Hi, so I reached out to support but haven’t heard back. I’m having some issues with certain effects on the xy pad. The filters and a couple others don’t seem to work, it just cuts to complete silence? Other than that, no issues so far. Enjoying the app, thanks for being here!

That’s a pretty big bummer. I’m doing the free trial right now just to see how I like it. If it’s not fixed by the time my week is up, or I don’t hear back, I’ll just cancel.

What about the latest version of the App? Do you still have this FX issue?
    What OS are you running Remixlive on?

• edited May 2022

Hey @LouisH ,

Here would be my requests for Remix Live

1. Ability to export projects and live sets between multiple devices/platforms. I use Remixlive for both Android and iOS and it's kinda annoying to make things all over again.
    2. Key change for projects. It's a feature that I really like in Ampify Launchpad that I wish would be present in Remix Live.
    3. Sharing audio files to Remix Live. By this, i mean I'd like to find an audio file using the files app, and be able to "share" it into Remix Live. Bonus points, if it can accept multiple audio files at once.
    4. Slideover view/split screen view on the iPad. This would make it a whole lot useful when using it with apps like AUM or Audiobus 3. For example, the split screen UI is the iPhone version, but full screen would be the iPad version.

These are advanced requests which would be nice, but not necessarily needed for this application

1. Ability to use AUv3 effects in Remix Live (for each of the 8 tracks)
    2. Multi audio out for each of the 8 columns.
    3. Better branding of the application. Currently, upon first impressions, Remix Live seems like one of those free apps which you open, get a ton of ads, and you pay a lot of subscriptions for. But your model is similar to Ampify's where there's the free features, paid unlock option, and the subscription option.
    4. Better integration with your other apps. Project export for example would be a welcome feature. Encourage users of one app to want to get the other app, and add a small workflow enhancement that justifies the need for that one.
      A. For example, Rapmaker would be an awesome platform to record audio with autotune for projects you finished with Remix Live.
      B. Cross DJ would be the place to bring all these together. Or, you could allow Cross DJ to be the place to add live DJ effects like scratches, or AUv3 effects.
  • I'm not sure if this counts as a feature request, but the App Store page for this app has this listed in the in-app purchases...

In-App Purchases

1. Trap $0.00
    2. All access month + 7days trial $8.99
    3. Electro $0.00
    4. Drum & Bass $0.00
    5. Deep House $0.00
    6. Hip-Hop $0.00
    7. Future Beat $0.00
    8. Dubstep $0.00
    9. Import / export $6.99
    10. SPECIAL DEAL BUNDLE $17.99

I haven't the foggiest idea what to expect to pay for this app from this list. Does $17.99 get me ownership of the app? Is that $17.99 one-off, yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly? Why does a trial cost $8.99 and does it last one day or one month? How long does Import / Export last if I pay $6.99? What happens if I stop paying? Why is the special deal more expensive than everything else added together?

Now, it's fair to say that I'm anti-subscription anyway unless it's for an app that's backed by a service. This app might be backed by a service, but for an app like this, a service behind it would be a reason to avoid it for me - what if that service goes down etc. Obviously much of the problem here lies with the App Store, but all of this, together, is enough to make me not even download and try it. I don't want the tool at the centre of my music making to be subject to so many external factors as to whether I might be able to use it on any given day.

• @LouisH said:

@HotStrange said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@Identor said:

What about the latest version of the App? Do you still have this FX issue?
    What OS are you running Remixlive on?

I’m on the latest version of the app, and the next to latest version is iPad OS.

• So I’ve been messing with this app for the last few days with the free trial and honestly I’m not that impressed. Sure it has more features than Launchpad but it also really made me appreciate how polished Ampifys apps are.

RemixLive still feels like it needs a lot of work. All the fx tails cut off super abruptly, which is painfully obvious when using things like reverb, some of the fx just don’t work and cut the sound out completely, the timing on some of the loops doesn’t line up correctly like it would with Launchpad, I’m having glitches where the delay won’t cut off or stop despite letting go of the xy pad, and the sound packs just don’t sound as good.

Also should note I emailed mixvibes about the effects issues and commented on here and haven’t heard any response. It’s been a few days now. So definitely not the perfect beatmaking app. Launchpad + Blocs Wave is infinitely better, imo.

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Hey @LouisH ,

Here would be my requests for Remix Live

1. Ability to export projects and live sets between multiple devices/platforms. I use Remixlive for both Android and iOS and it's kinda annoying to make things all over again.
    2. Key change for projects. It's a feature that I really like in Ampify Launchpad that I wish would be present in Remix Live.
    3. Sharing audio files to Remix Live. By this, i mean I'd like to find an audio file using the files app, and be able to "share" it into Remix Live. Bonus points, if it can accept multiple audio files at once.
    4. Slideover view/split screen view on the iPad. This would make it a whole lot useful when using it with apps like AUM or Audiobus 3. For example, the split screen UI is the iPhone version, but full screen would be the iPad version.

These are advanced requests which would be nice, but not necessarily needed for this application

1. Ability to use AUv3 effects in Remix Live (for each of the 8 tracks)
    2. Multi audio out for each of the 8 columns.
    3. Better branding of the application. Currently, upon first impressions, Remix Live seems like one of those free apps which you open, get a ton of ads, and you pay a lot of subscriptions for. But your model is similar to Ampify's where there's the free features, paid unlock option, and the subscription option.
    4. Better integration with your other apps. Project export for example would be a welcome feature. Encourage users of one app to want to get the other app, and add a small workflow enhancement that justifies the need for that one.
      A. For example, Rapmaker would be an awesome platform to record audio with autotune for projects you finished with Remix Live.
      B. Cross DJ would be the place to bring all these together. Or, you could allow Cross DJ to be the place to add live DJ effects like scratches, or AUv3 effects.

Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas!

This is not an easy thing to do from our side. But we definitely have this development in mind for the coming year. Users will create their own accounts, saving their projects in a cross-platform compatible cloud. It will also gives us the opportunity to propose community interactions (sharing Tracks, Packs, Projects, Stems, Content between users)

Totally agree. This is already mapped and will be out somewhere around Q4.

I don't think i've understood well, do you mean import feature? If yes, it exists already :)

I see how it could be useful, i can't tell you the difficulty level at that point but i'm writing it down.

5. Ability to use AUv3 effects in Remix Live (for each of the 8 tracks)

We're already working on implementing recording with Audiobus & AUv3's directly in our Pads. This is something that could possibly come after that.

6. Multi audio out for each of the 8 columns.

You can already export the stems for each of the 8 channels, is that what you're requesting?

7. Better branding of the application. Currently, upon first impressions, Remix Live seems like one of those free apps which you open, get a ton of ads, and you pay a lot of subscriptions for. But your model is similar to Ampify's where there's the free features, paid unlock option, and the subscription option.

We're constantly trying to improve it tending to a more clean and pro approach which reflects what we and RL are.

8. Better integration with your other apps. Project export for example would be a welcome feature. Encourage users of one app to want to get the other app, and add a small workflow enhancement that justifies the need for that one.

We're focusing on Remixlive and we'd like to include all the Rapmaker's possibilities into Remixlive.

I hope that your questions have found answers :)
    Don't hesitate to share more anytime!

• @FastGhost said:
    I'm not sure if this counts as a feature request, but the App Store page for this app has this listed in the in-app purchases...

In-App Purchases

1. Trap $0.00
    2. All access month + 7days trial $8.99
    3. Electro $0.00
    4. Drum & Bass $0.00
    5. Deep House $0.00
    6. Hip-Hop $0.00
    7. Future Beat $0.00
    8. Dubstep $0.00
    9. Import / export $6.99
    10. SPECIAL DEAL BUNDLE $17.99

I haven't the foggiest idea what to expect to pay for this app from this list. Does $17.99 get me ownership of the app? Is that $17.99 one-off, yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly? Why does a trial cost $8.99 and does it last one day or one month? How long does Import / Export last if I pay $6.99? What happens if I stop paying? Why is the special deal more expensive than everything else added together?

Now, it's fair to say that I'm anti-subscription anyway unless it's for an app that's backed by a service. This app might be backed by a service, but for an app like this, a service behind it would be a reason to avoid it for me - what if that service goes down etc. Obviously much of the problem here lies with the App Store, but all of this, together, is enough to make me not even download and try it. I don't want the tool at the centre of my music making to be subject to so many external factors as to whether I might be able to use it on any given day.

Hi,
    I see you have concerns regarding our business model.

1. You have the subscription (Monthly or Yearly) which gives you access to all the Sample Packs / Fxs / Features of the App for the duration of your subscription.

2. You can buy the Features / Fxs / Sample Packs individually. They'll be yours forever.

• @HotStrange said:
    So I’ve been messing with this app for the last few days with the free trial and honestly I’m not that impressed. Sure it has more features than Launchpad but it also really made me appreciate how polished Ampifys apps are.

RemixLive still feels like it needs a lot of work. All the fx tails cut off super abruptly, which is painfully obvious when using things like reverb, some of the fx just don’t work and cut the sound out completely, the timing on some of the loops doesn’t line up correctly like it would with Launchpad, I’m having glitches where the delay won’t cut off or stop despite letting go of the xy pad, and the sound packs just don’t sound as good.

Also should note I emailed mixvibes about the effects issues and commented on here and haven’t heard any response. It’s been a few days now. So definitely not the perfect beatmaking app. Launchpad + Blocs Wave is infinitely better, imo.

Sorry if it does not make the job for you.

What would be the main points to enhance in your opinion to make it an App that you can use in your workflow?

I can tell you what we already have identified and currently working in:

1. Ability to record external sources directly in the Pads (using Audiobus/AUM/AUv3/Resampling with an external soundcard)
    2. Global Key Matching (autoPitching the samples of an entire project when playing between them)
    3. Sequences and Finger Drum improvement
    4. Open Song mode (allowing you to place any audio source directly on the Song, making it not exclusively dependent on the Loop view)
    5. Maximize exclusive content by allowing users to share their own samples, packs, stems, recordings with the community and get rewarded for it
  • @LouisH has been so active and open to suggestion on here that I can’t help but think this app is gonna grow and improve very quickly . I think I’ll get it based on that fact regardless of whatever shortcomings done if you think it has . I like the fact that it’s got an ever expanding library .

• @LouisH said:

@HotStrange said:
    So I’ve been messing with this app for the last few days with the free trial and honestly I’m not that impressed. Sure it has more features than Launchpad but it also really made me appreciate how polished Ampifys apps are.

What would be the main points to enhance in your opinion to make it an App that you can use in your workflow?

1. Ability to record external sources directly in the Pads (using Audiobus/AUM/AUv3/Resampling with an external soundcard)
    2. Global Key Matching (autoPitching the samples of an entire project when playing between them)
    4. Open Song mode (allowing you to place any audio source directly on the Song, making it not exclusively dependent on the Loop view)
    5. Maximize exclusive content by allowing users to share their own samples, packs, stems, recordings with the community and get rewarded for it

Thanks for the reply! The first 2 would be a huge improvement for me. Global key matching is something I love about Launchpad so have that + all the other additional features would be awesome. As well as recording directly into the pads from AUM.

My main gripes right now are that the fx tails cut off immediately when you depress the xy pad. Would be great if the delay, reverb, etc had an option to fade out. I also have had a couple of problems with timing of the loops not quite adding up.

That said I do enjoy the app. Enough that I bought another month to continue trying it out and dive more into sequencer and song mode. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

• edited June 2022

Lack of external MIDI, hands down biggest showstopper.
    I'll revisit the app again if that gets implemented.

• @HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@HotStrange said:

Thanks for the reply! The first 2 would be a huge improvement for me. Global key matching is something I love about Launchpad so have that + all the other additional features would be awesome. As well as recording directly into the pads from AUM.

My main gripes right now are that the fx tails cut off immediately when you depress the xy pad. Would be great if the delay, reverb, etc had an option to fade out. I also have had a couple of problems with timing of the loops not quite adding up.

That said I do enjoy the app. Enough that I bought another month to continue trying it out and dive more into sequencer and song mode. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

We're always focusing to improve Remixlive, we're trying to keep up with releasing an update every month. That's why it's very important to speak with our users to be sure what to prioritise. It's your App, you can absolutely be taking part with the development, we're listening to your feedbacks, that's our priority!

Speaking about FXs, you'd like them to act as Sends, letting the FX fade out. You can achieve that by locking the FX position and stopping the Pad. But i totally agree that it should have this possibility! It's written in the backlog! now!

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

Hi!
    What do you mean exactly? Importing MIDI files to Remixlive?

• edited June 2022

@LouisH said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

Hi!

Sending midi to it and controlling it from another app. Virtual midi ports aren't exposed (at least last I checked a few months ago).
    I've devised workarounds, but in the end it was just too cumbersome.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@LouisH said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

Hi!

Sending midi to it and controlling it from another app. Virtual midi ports aren't exposed (at least last I checked a few months ago).

Ok, i see. Well you cannot for now. But we have MIDI to control Remixlive with any MIDI controller. We might work on opening Virtual MIDI ports then. I'm writing it to our Backlog now. Thanks for your suggestion !

• edited June 2022

@LouisH said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@LouisH said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

Hi!

Ok, i see. Well you cannot for now. But we have MIDI to control Remixlive with any MIDI controller. We might work on opening Virtual MIDI ports then. I'm writing it to our Backlog now. Thanks for your suggestion !

One of my workarounds was have have sequencers in AUM play the Launchpad that was mapped in remixlive, but you prolly can see it's can get pretty hairy quick with 2 hosts sharing a controller.

Out of curiosity, RML functions as a simple IAA. Since IAA has been deprecated and, could be tomorrow, could be years, it can very well stop working, is there a roadmap for that, or when it stops working, that's the end? (End of the IAA part that is...not the app in its entirety)

I understand the design of the app and why it is, and the business model, but to me it's a head scratcher why if there's 90% of all the iOS users and apps swimming in the same pool together (and spending our money together) why mixvibes wouldn't have their toe in that pool as well.

• @LouisH said:

@HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@HotStrange said:

We're always focusing to improve Remixlive, we're trying to keep up with releasing an update every month. That's why it's very important to speak with our users to be sure what to prioritise. It's your App, you can absolutely be taking part with the development, we're listening to your feedbacks, that's our priority!

Speaking about FXs, you'd like them to act as Sends, letting the FX fade out. You can achieve that by locking the FX position and stopping the Pad. But i totally agree that it should have this possibility! It's written in the backlog! now!

Thanks again. Looking forward to the update!

• @LouisH : Can we sample from say, YouTube ?

• @LouisH - Thanks for the response.

Like the idea to make it online based. It'll definitely encourage more collaboration. I also looked at the Remix AI Feature and thought it was pretty great.

For #3,

Sharing audio files to Remix Live. By this, i mean I'd like to find an audio file using the files app, and be able to "share" it into Remix Live. Bonus points, if it can accept multiple audio files at once.

What I mean is this...

Some applications allow you to "Share" audio into the app. Let's say I wanted to share an audio file into two apps...Remix Live, Blocs Wave, and Koala Sampler

Take Koala Sampler for example...it'll automatically import it to an empty pad. I like this the most (8/10), because it instantly does the job for me. It also accepts multiple audio files AT ONCE.

The other application is Ampify Blocs Wave...it'll automatically take me to the import window. I like this method (7/10) because I can rename the file, set the key of the file, and it goes into the import folder, which allows me to add it to the project I'm working on. It would have been a 9/10 if it automatically detects the key of the audio. Also accepts multiple audio files, although I use the iOS shortcuts app to accomplish this.

Then we have Remix Live. It does the job ONLY when you're in this specific window, but does not actually accept files that are shared to it. It only takes me to this window.
    6/10 - It works but could be better....

Overall though, thanks for the comments on the other posts. Really appreciate the patience and dedication towards improving the application.

#SEONN - youtube.com/seonnthaproducer

• @seonnthaproducer even after you purchased the import add on?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    @seonnthaproducer even after you purchased the import add on?

Yep. I purchased all the addons. I went through Remix Live, and a lot of similar apps in this video.

• edited June 2022

@Telstar5 said:
    @LouisH : Can we sample from say, YouTube ?
    @seonnthaproducer said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    @seonnthaproducer even after you purchased the import add on?

Yep. I purchased all the addons. I went through Remix Live, and a lot of similar apps in this video.

Great video! :)

• edited June 2022

Hey there :)

What about AUv3 integration into Remixlive?
    Is that a feature that would sound cool to you?
    If yes, let me know that we can have a chat about your thoughts and ideas !

• @LouisH Am enjoying many aspects of the app. Can you point me in the right direction as regard saving songs (not just exporting them...). Can this be done within the app (not just by exporting)...? Thanks.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @LouisH Am enjoying many aspects of the app. Can you point me in the right direction as regard saving songs (not just exporting them...). Can this be done within the app (not just by exporting)...? Thanks.

Hey, :)
    What do you mean by "saving" exactly.
    Once you've arranged your Song on the Timeline, you can export the Master as a Wav or mp3 or render individual Stems to export in a DAW for example (you can activate Stem Export in the settings)
    You can as well choose the Master Recording mode and record everything as a Master, it will be available in your recording section.

Here to helping you out,

• @LouisH said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @LouisH Am enjoying many aspects of the app. Can you point me in the right direction as regard saving songs (not just exporting them...). Can this be done within the app (not just by exporting)...? Thanks.

Hey, :)
    What do you mean by "saving" exactly.
    Once you've arranged your Song on the Timeline, you can export the Master as a Wav or mp3 or render individual Stems to export in a DAW for example (you can activate Stem Export in the settings)
    You can as well choose the Master Recording mode and record everything as a Master, it will be available in your recording section.

Here to helping you out,

Sorry, my fault for being confusing. I want to be able to save the layout of a song IN the app and then go to work on another song, perhaps even using the same 'pack'. In other words, I want to save one layout and then work on another piece and come back to the first and contiinue/edit/work. Is this possible?

• edited June 2022

@LouisH said:
    Hey there :)

What about AUv3 integration into Remixlive?
    Is that a feature that would sound cool to you?
    If yes, let me know that we can have a chat about your thoughts and ideas !

Hey Louis,

AUv3 integration would sound like a good idea in theory. But here's the problems I feel will happen

1. Instability of certain AUv3 apps
    2. Draw of resources from said apps

MIDI AUv3 wouldn't be a great addition, AUv3 instruments and host capabilities wouldn't be as well (unless you immediately freeze the audio immediately after the production work is done, freeing resources - example Garageband "Optimizing Performance" or Cubasis "Freeze Tracks")

Garageband for illustration

I feel AUv3 effects would be an excellent addition. If you make the controls integrate with the current UI of Remix Live (like the repeaters, or the filters) with something like Effectrix, or Koala FX, it would be awesome.

What I mean is maintain the same clean UI, but allow them to be mapped to AUv3 effects.

Koala Fx for illustration...

If people want to do advanced automation, let them do that in apps like AUM. Else, it'll take away from the charm of the application.

I'll recommend making another menu in the application, seperate from the current interfaces, spoecifically in the "Song " menu where you can add platform specific features. Android has Audioroute, iOS/iPad has AUv3, Windows have VST3, and Mac OS has AUv2. Else, maintaining it will be a pain, and you can craft unique solutions for each platform.

Also, what I'd say is this...

1. MIDI, Audio, and Project files containing Remix Live specific automation should be the only thing that's transferrable between different platforms. Your idea of making it cloud based is an excellent way of handling project files.
    2. Plugins and effects can be transferred between the same platform (Android - Android, iOS to iOS/iPad, Mac to Mac, PC to PC) but unless the platform is designed for it, please don't invest a lot of development time on it. Let Apple do the heavy lifting and provide the tools necessary for their devices.

Feel free to send me a message. I'm also on the Discord @samflash94