Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Mixvibe's Remixlive The Perfect Beat Making App?

Comments

• @StudioSisu said:

@ehehehe said:

@Telefunky said:

@ehehehe said:
    Idk what "beat making" actually is, but this seems more like a showcase for iaps and presets. You don't really make anything it seems, just arranging trendy loops and samples that sounds generic and boring to me, big pass.

it‘s the modern way of elevator music... o:)

Yeah, i get your sentiment. It seems to result either in those horrible (un-)mixed and mastered "lofi" 90s wannabe hiphop loops or slick, generic pre-produced stuff containing pre-mastered sounds. BORING.

Don’t know about Remixlive, but I enjoy messing about in Launchpad & Blocs Wave. It takes a little bit of effort to squeeze the juice of theirs, because they can sometimes seem off the track, so to speak, but I usually have to do that anyway with other samples, too. When I cut, paste and end up with a melodic idea I like, I just move it into Koala or AUM, etc. and polish it up. I also like their rhythm samples! Granted, I’m producing slightly “to the left” kinda stuff. I don’t like “genres.”

The sounds in remixlive are very similar to blocswave/imaschine/launchpad. Not sure what's boring about having access to great industry quality sounds but I'm for sure thankful for them.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@StudioSisu said:

@ehehehe said:

@Telefunky said:

@ehehehe said:
    Idk what "beat making" actually is, but this seems more like a showcase for iaps and presets. You don't really make anything it seems, just arranging trendy loops and samples that sounds generic and boring to me, big pass.

Yeah, i get your sentiment. It seems to result either in those horrible (un-)mixed and mastered "lofi" 90s wannabe hiphop loops or slick, generic pre-produced stuff containing pre-mastered sounds. BORING.

Don’t know about Remixlive, but I enjoy messing about in Launchpad & Blocs Wave. It takes a little bit of effort to squeeze the juice of theirs, because they can sometimes seem off the track, so to speak, but I usually have to do that anyway with other samples, too. When I cut, paste and end up with a melodic idea I like, I just move it into Koala or AUM, etc. and polish it up. I also like their rhythm samples! Granted, I’m producing slightly “to the left” kinda stuff. I don’t like “genres.”

The sounds in remixlive are very similar to blocswave/imaschine/launchpad. Not sure what's boring about having access to great industry quality sounds but I'm for sure thankful for them.

You can just import your own anyway so I don’t see the problem either

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@RajahP said:
    But I don’t see the ‘key transpose’ (entire project) feature as Launchpad.. Maybe I missed it???

That's correct there's not a global key setting like in launchpad however each pack is labeled with a key and things like the piano will detect that and default to that key.

This is a big plus for Launchpad over Mixvibes IMO

• @StudioSisu said:

@ehehehe said:

@Telefunky said:

@ehehehe said:

I agree with this. I’m actually giving Remixlive a shot because I’m interested in some of the additional features, but I’m pretty set in my ways and definitely don’t see it taking the spot of Launchpad, especially in tandem with Blocs Wave. I just wish you could record AUs directly into Blocs Wave. One day 🤞

• I love Launchpad because of how well it integrates with the physical Launchpad Mk3 devices. It’s pretty sweet.

I also prefer the overall quality and range of the Novation sound packs…they just sound better to my ears than the RemixLive kits. It’s the difference between Radiohead and Muse to my ears.

If you get this reference then you’ll understand, and if you don’t…well, just enjoy what you use 😉

• @echoopera said:
    I love Launchpad because of how well it integrates with the physical Launchpad Mk3 devices. It’s pretty sweet.

I also prefer the overall quality and range of the Novation sound packs…they just sound better to my ears than the RemixLive kits. It’s the difference between Radiohead and Muse to my ears.

If you get this reference then you’ll understand, and if you don’t…well, just enjoy what you use 😉

Great comparison. I like remixlive so far but the sound packs in Launchpad are excellent.

• edited May 2022

Hey everyone,
    I've been following up with this thread, i'd like to let you know that we're taking every concerns, feedbacks, ideas and thoughts about Remixlive very seriously.
    If you feel like joining our community of users, exchange with the Dev team and participate in improving the App, feel free to join our Discord channel : https://discord.gg/tW5yRvRd
    We'll be so happy to hear from you!
    <3

• @LouisH said:
    Hey everyone,
    I've been following up with this thread, i'd like to let you know that we're taking every concerns, feedbacks, ideas and thoughts about Remixlive very seriously.
    If you feel like joining our community of users, exchange with the Dev team and participate in improving the App, feel free to join our Discord channel : https://discord.gg/tW5yRvRd
    <3

Welcome to the forums, been trying out the app for the last couple of days. It’s fun!

• @HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:
    Hey everyone,
    <3

Welcome to the forums, been trying out the app for the last couple of days. It’s fun!

Thanks for your feedback.
    Would you like to help us improving it?
    We'd love to make it the perfect tool for our users and we want to grow together.

• @MobileMusicPro said:
    Could this really be the perfect beat making app? And is there even such a thing? Well we put @Mixvibes's Remixlive app through its paces and here’s what we found out. (Hint - It's amazing!)

Hint - it's a paid review.

• edited May 2022

How can you compare mixvibe to Launchpad when launchpad doesn’t sample and mixvibe does.. Am I missing something? I guess you could use koala to import the audio via AudioShare but it’s an extra step, no?

• If there's Remixlive's users in here, what would you like to see being improved in your workflow with Remixlive?
    What are the main pain points you're facing?
    What would be your dream feature?

Let us know, we can pretty much implement anything!

• @LouisH said:

Can you add audio tracks to NanoStudio 2 please.

Sorry, couldn't resist :smiley:

• @Simon said:

@LouisH said:

You can ask for anything, really.
    But not sure to understand what you mean exactly :)

• edited May 2022

@LouisH said:

It was kind of like asking for World peace. A bit of a long shot...

• @Simon said:

@LouisH said:

It was kind of like asking for World peace. A bit of a long shot...

Got it, so, no.
    Everything regarding Remixlive, we can :)

• @Simon said:

@LouisH said:

Can you add audio tracks to Drambo please.

• @Simon said:

@LouisH said:

you made my day😂😂😂

• edited May 2022

@Simon said:

@MobileMusicPro said:
    Could this really be the perfect beat making app? And is there even such a thing? Well we put @Mixvibes's Remixlive app through its paces and here’s what we found out. (Hint - It's amazing!)

Hint - it's a paid review.

No, it's a sponsored review, there's a difference, similar to Jakob haq's sponsored videos or Brandon Rico's sponsored videos I have 100% creative control and can say whatever I like. It turns out the app is objectively quite amazing, if it wasn't I would have said so, regardless of sponsorship. One day literally every video on the channel will be sponsored (and not be a review necessarily, just sponsored). This is the primary way youtubers make their income.

• Could the people that are commenting for the sake of being trolls, please stop.

• @attakk said:

@Simon said:

@LouisH said:

Can you add audio tracks to Drambo please.

So you've been playing around > @espiegel123 said:

Could the people that are commenting for the sake of being trolls, please stop.

Thx

• Beatmaking is not about the apps that’s used. It’s about knowledge and creativity.
    Having the best tools doesn’t make you a great artist.

You can make beats on so many different ways. There are many ways that leads to Rome.

• @Identor said:
    Beatmaking is not about the apps that’s used. It’s about knowledge and creativity.

You can make beats on so many different ways. There are many ways that leads to Rome.

Of course, but i mean, there's always ways to improve anything. A Modular Synth, a DAW, an App...
    That's what we're asking here.

• @LouisH : thanks for being here. Please don’t let the trolls bring you down.

• @LouisH said:

@Identor said:
    Beatmaking is not about the apps that’s used. It’s about knowledge and creativity.

Of course, but i mean, there's always ways to improve anything. A Modular Synth, a DAW, an App...

Hi, so I reached out to support but haven’t heard back. I’m having some issues with certain effects on the xy pad. The filters and a couple others don’t seem to work, it just cuts to complete silence? Other than that, no issues so far. Enjoying the app, thanks for being here!

• @HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@Identor said:

Hi, so I reached out to support but haven’t heard back. I’m having some issues with certain effects on the xy pad. The filters and a couple others don’t seem to work, it just cuts to complete silence? Other than that, no issues so far. Enjoying the app, thanks for being here!

i had issues with the xy pad in the past. reported. never resolved.

• @MobileMusicPro said:
    No, it's a sponsored review, there's a difference, similar to Jakob haq's sponsored videos or Brandon Rico's sponsored videos I have 100% creative control and can say whatever I like.

If the app review was sponsored by Ford or Macdonalds there would be no conflict of interest. But it was paid for by the app developer.

You can say "I have 100% creative control" (and I'm sure you do) but there still is a conflict of interest.

All of us in the forum know you, like you and know you are an honest guy but if you want your channel to be taken seriously then you might want to think about not publishing videos that have a conflict of interest issue.

But it's your channel and your call. I hope you get more sponsership to keep the channel going. Good luck with it!

• @Simon said:

@MobileMusicPro said:
    No, it's a sponsored review, there's a difference, similar to Jakob haq's sponsored videos or Brandon Rico's sponsored videos I have 100% creative control and can say whatever I like.

If the app review was sponsored by Ford or Macdonalds there would be no conflict of interest. But it was paid for by the app developer.

You can say "I have 100% creative control" (and I'm sure you do) but there still is a conflict of interest.

All of us in the forum know you, like you and know you are an honest guy but if you want your channel to be taken seriously then you might want to think about not publishing videos that have a conflict of interest issue.

But it's your channel and your call. I hope you get more sponsership to keep the channel going. Good luck with it!

👍 Agree 100%

When does an “independent review” become a paid advertisement? It’s a thin line being walked here and I can’t see how it can do anything but hurt the Youtube channel in question because it opens up the possibility of questioning its authenticity - which was the very first thing I did.

As also said previously I’m not against the concept of sponsorship because people need to be paid for their work, people have got to eat, but to that extent would the Mixvibes developers have seriously considered sponsoring this particular video if it had been a review of Drambo? Or Launchpad?

If you’re a reviews channel then authenticity & the trust of the viewer is essential - without it the subscribers won’t increase & that will mean the sponsorships will get scarcer & scarcer: posting in a separate forum about being given artistic freedom isn’t going to cut it.

How you as a Youtube channel owner walk that line between remaining authentic to your subscribers and getting paid is the challenge you took on by choosing this particular career path. I wish you look finding a solution to it 👍

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@Identor said:

That’s a pretty big bummer. I’m doing the free trial right now just to see how I like it. If it’s not fixed by the time my week is up, or I don’t hear back, I’ll just cancel.

• edited May 2022

@HotStrange said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@HotStrange said:

@LouisH said:

@Identor said:

That’s a pretty big bummer. I’m doing the free trial right now just to see how I like it. If it’s not fixed by the time my week is up, or I don’t hear back, I’ll just cancel.

Are you using a launchpad? mine was with controlling the XY from the launchpad grid.

I honestly didnt mind the app too much. I didn't use nearly all of it. I ultimately shelved it due to it being such a walled garden unto itself. But since you can map all your own pads now to midi in remix live, but it doesnt help if i cant send MIDI to it from AUM or anything else.

I was in the process of a workaround for it and got it mostly working, but ultimately it was a bit too involved and I wouldnt want to rely on it in a performance setting.