Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Mixvibe's Remixlive The Perfect Beat Making App?

Comments

• @gusgranite said:
    Is Remixlive subscription only for the advanced features?

You can buy the features in various bundles or you can get access to all the features with a subscription.

• @MobileMusicPro said:
    It's crazy how much launchpad has stagnated.

Isn't this one of those things where they used an app factory to make the app for them, so it's not technically novations app?

• edited May 2022

Out of curiosity:
    Has anybody yet done the same with Garageband Live Loops and its free instruments and sound packs?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    Idk what "beat making" actually is, but this seems more like a showcase for iaps and presets. You don't really make anything it seems, just arranging trendy loops and samples that sounds generic and boring to me, big pass.

it‘s the modern way of elevator music... o:)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2022

@rs2000 said:
    Out of curiosity:
    Has anybody yet done the same with Garageband Live Loops and its free instruments and sound packs?

Been there, done that, made a series on it, and even have a few modern songs set to Live Loops.

Here's the series of videos

And here's a SECRET LIVE LOOPS PROJECT that you weren't expecting...from Billie Eilish (no, it's not ocean eyes)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/go9jbqjptmqs5k9/Billie Eilish.zip?dl=0

• edited May 2022

tbh only that function button „Offset“ caught my attention (in the video).
    Dunno it‘s use, but if that‘s adjustment on the timeline within the beat grid, it would be a major feature. Afaik something like this is lacking in all grid based sequencers...

• @attakk said:
    Quote: “… and I’d just like to thank MixVibes for sponsoring this video” …

Hey, I admire that. You need sponsors/investors/customers to run a successful service, and Vortex @MobileMusicPro has been dramatically improving his content with each release. It's not an easy thing to maintain quality, keep up with regular uploads, and deal with the long hours of editing. Plus, how are we supposed to take iOS to the next level when we don't even celebrate the successes of scoring a sponsorship.

@Ailerom said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

@ehehehe said:
    No, but the title of the thread is clickbaity af

Don't hate the player hate the game? lol :) Trying hard out here.

This isn't the playing field. Youtube is. This is more like unsolicited sales at my front door as opposed to walking into a shop with a misleading title.

They have a point, man. The Audiobus forums don't take kindly to clickbaits. Learned that from experience.

That said, I do like that you made this thread and it sparked a ton of conversations. This I really liked from Echoopera.

@Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:
    No. This is not the best beatmaking app on iOS. It’s an updated Launchpad clone with some notable enhancements IMHO.

The best beatmaking apps on iOS are as follows:
    1. Drambo
    2. Koala Sampler
    3. Beat Maker 3

With these top 3 you can create anything. But that’s the beauty of iOS. We have a plethora of options to suit our personal styles.

+1

Alright, I'm heading out for a bit. Everybody play nice, and fair. Let's build each other up...there's only so many of us.

• But I don’t see the ‘key transpose’ (entire project) feature as Launchpad.. Maybe I missed it???

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

Isn't this one of those things where they used an app factory to make the app for them, so it's not technically novations app?

Nope, these guys have been making apps since 2012! Super dedicated and super passionate.

• @RajahP said:
    But I don’t see the ‘key transpose’ (entire project) feature as Launchpad.. Maybe I missed it???

That's correct there's not a global key setting like in launchpad however each pack is labeled with a key and things like the piano will detect that and default to that key.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@attakk said:

Hey, I admire that. You need sponsors/investors/customers to run a successful service, and Vortex @MobileMusicPro has been dramatically improving his content with each release. It's not an easy thing to maintain quality, keep up with regular uploads, and deal with the long hours of editing. Plus, how are we supposed to take iOS to the next level when we don't even celebrate the successes of scoring a sponsorship.

@Ailerom said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

@ehehehe said:

This isn't the playing field. Youtube is. This is more like unsolicited sales at my front door as opposed to walking into a shop with a misleading title.

They have a point, man. The Audiobus forums don't take kindly to clickbaits. Learned that from experience.

That said, I do like that you made this thread and it sparked a ton of conversations. This I really liked from Echoopera.

@Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:
    No. This is not the best beatmaking app on iOS. It’s an updated Launchpad clone with some notable enhancements IMHO.

The best beatmaking apps on iOS are as follows:
    1. Drambo
    2. Koala Sampler
    3. Beat Maker 3

With these top 3 you can create anything. But that’s the beauty of iOS. We have a plethora of options to suit our personal styles.

+1

Alright, I'm heading out for a bit. Everybody play nice, and fair. Let's build each other up...there's only so many of us.

Appreciate the kind words bro! Working hard out here :)

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@RajahP said:
    But I don’t see the ‘key transpose’ (entire project) feature as Launchpad.. Maybe I missed it???

That's correct there's not a global key setting like in launchpad however each pack is labeled with a key and things like the piano will detect that and default to that key.

Ok.. That global key setting is what make Amplfy apps magical.. hopefully it will come soon.. Thanks..

• @MobileMusicPro said:
    Nope, these guys have been making apps since 2012! Super dedicated and super passionate.

Ummmmwe who are talking about ? Amplify or mixvibes? Cause I have an argument for both, lol.

• @Ailerom said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

@ehehehe said:

+1. This ain't YouTube or some other monetisation platform (one hopes). A clickbait title combined with a sponsored video where the presenter honestly finds the sponsor's product genuinely amazing is certainly not for me, but I'm sure there's an audience for it, and I wish the best of luck with the effort. But baiting/misleading titling is a big no-no, especially as it's not the first time that it has happened.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@Nimgwen said:

@HotStrange said:
    I downloaded the free version. It’s fun but seems sorta like Launchpad, which I already pay for. Are there any big differences?

It was like a worse launchpad years ago, but it seems like it has developed much further, while launchpad stagnated.

It has a bit but I still absolutely love it, and based on my limited time with this one, Launchpad has better sound packs. That said, I am actually gonna put some time into this app because I love the Launchpad workflow and this Remix has some cool features. Not sure yet if it’s with $8.99 a month though. Do they have a thing like Launchpad does where you pay one price to unlock all the pro features?

• @Telefunky said:
    Dunno it‘s use, but if that‘s adjustment on the timeline within the beat grid, it would be a major feature. Afaik something like this is lacking in all grid based sequencers...

Ampify’s Groovebox has this: ‘snap input’ can be toggled on and off and notes can be dragged freely within the sequencer.

• edited May 2022

@MobileMusicPro said:
    Appreciate the kind words bro! Working hard out here :)

I'm sure most of us are working hard so that's a moot point.

It takes 5 seconds to change a thread title so it would seem that nothing anyone has said has driven the point home that this is a forum for discussion, not a platform for your personal gain. The longer it takes to change the title the less I believe you have intentions here beyond click bait.

Unless you show some professionalism you are essentially doing this.

• edited May 2022

[Edit: I’ll drop it in the other thread]

• @Telefunky said:

That’s a pretty common feature. You can do a lot with offset in Drambo.

• edited May 2022

@gusgranite said:
    I say this with the utmost respect for the talented and self-motivated people who are giving it a go.

Exactly. Some people do it in a way that earns respect. It's a choice. Gavinski, Daveypoo, SoundTestRoom etc. This guy is currently taking a deliberate step in the other direction. It's never too late, unless you lack the capacity to see what you are doing is trying to slip a slice of sausage into a vegan burger.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@attakk said:

It was merely me noticing that alongside both the click-baity title & the numerous fawning statements throughout of how amazing Mixvibes is-&-already-was that oh look! it just so happens that this absolute festival of praise just happens to be sponsored by the company behind Mixvibes.

Look, I realise that people have got to eat & pay the bills & create - I’m not anti-that at all. But when does an honest “independent review” cross the line into a fully paid commercial?

• @Ailerom said:
    .......trying to slip a slice of sausage into a vegan burger.

Never know what might happen....

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

Ummmmwe who are talking about ? Amplify or mixvibes? Cause I have an argument for both, lol.

Mixvibes lol

• @HotStrange said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

@Nimgwen said:

@HotStrange said:
    I downloaded the free version. It’s fun but seems sorta like Launchpad, which I already pay for. Are there any big differences?

It was like a worse launchpad years ago, but it seems like it has developed much further, while launchpad stagnated.

It has a bit but I still absolutely love it, and based on my limited time with this one, Launchpad has better sound packs. That said, I am actually gonna put some time into this app because I love the Launchpad workflow and this Remix has some cool features. Not sure yet if it’s with $8.99 a month though. Do they have a thing like Launchpad does where you pay one price to unlock all the pro features?

Yep you can purchase all the features individually similar to Launchpad. The sub is nice cause in addition to all the features you get instant access to ALL their sound-banks.

• @attakk said:

Agreed. Good luck to him and his business. We all have our struggles though so he is not unique. Life is not easy for many people. Doesn't give anyone the right to come into a public forum and lay down a trail of rainbows and lollipops leading to a pile of experiences I have already discarded.

It's not one or the other. That's why there are pros AND cons to every situation. I'm glad he is doing well. I just don't come here to be a part of his "Tricked until Clicked" forum presence. Be up front and there is nothing to say but thanks/no thanks and good luck.

• @Ailerom said:

@attakk said:

Agreed. Good luck to him and his business. We all have our struggles though so he is not unique. Life is not easy for many people. Doesn't give anyone the right to come into a public forum and lay down a trail of rainbows and lollipops leading to a pile of experiences I have already discarded.

It's not one or the other. That's why there are pros AND cons to every situation. I'm glad he is doing well. I just don't come here to be a part of his "Tricked until Clicked" forum presence. Be up front and there is nothing to say but thanks/no thanks and good luck.

Hopefully the new title of this post is better.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@Ailerom said:

@attakk said:

Hopefully the new title of this post is better.

Of course it is. Thanks for changing it. I'm sure you'll be well received here if you work with the users rather than against.

• @ehehehe said:

@Telefunky said:

@ehehehe said:
    Idk what "beat making" actually is, but this seems more like a showcase for iaps and presets. You don't really make anything it seems, just arranging trendy loops and samples that sounds generic and boring to me, big pass.

it‘s the modern way of elevator music... o:)

Yeah, i get your sentiment. It seems to result either in those horrible (un-)mixed and mastered "lofi" 90s wannabe hiphop loops or slick, generic pre-produced stuff containing pre-mastered sounds. BORING.

Don’t know about Remixlive, but I enjoy messing about in Launchpad & Blocs Wave. It takes a little bit of effort to squeeze the juice of theirs, because they can sometimes seem off the track, so to speak, but I usually have to do that anyway with other samples, too. When I cut, paste and end up with a melodic idea I like, I just move it into Koala or AUM, etc. and polish it up. I also like their rhythm samples! Granted, I’m producing slightly “to the left” kinda stuff. I don’t like “genres.”