Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Very sad news, been a fan of his since I was a little boy - vivid memories of lying back staring up at the starry dome, watching a planetarium star show with Chariots of Fire as the show’s accompanying music. I was floored. RIP Vangelis indeed.

• @wired2moon said:
    Very sad news, been a fan of his since I was a little boy - vivid memories of lying back staring up at the starry dome, watching a planetarium star show with Chariots of Fire as the show’s accompanying music. I was floored. RIP Vangelis indeed.

Wow, great story, and so easy to picture. Which planetarium? The Morrison Planetarium at the California Academy used to have awesome Laserium shows.

• @wired2moon said:
    Very sad news, been a fan of his since I was a little boy - vivid memories of lying back staring up at the starry dome, watching a planetarium star show with Chariots of Fire as the show’s accompanying music. I was floored. RIP Vangelis indeed.

I was at one in the 90s that was playing the score to 1492, one of my favs. Then it broke out into a laser show and they played White Zombie, one of my favs.

• edited May 2022

Vangelis - the greatest of the great.

Vangelis can express more with a single keystroke than many orchestras with a whole symphony.

How long does it take for him to compose and record an album? Exactly as long as… it lasts.

As he explains, in recent years he has not shared his music, because he does not like the business aspect of his work, which makes his work a product. "For me, there is no such thing as an album, there are only parts of the music. I create every day because that's how I work. If I had stopped playing and composing and never touched the keyboard again, I would have had around a hundred CDs to release." - he said in 1992.

How many unreleased CDs album would that be today in 2022 from his private archive, 200 or more? So much beautiful music will probably never see the light of the day.

• I’m sure he’ll find his way home, <3

• @johnfromberkeley it was Armagh Planetarium in N.Ireland.

@AudioGus yep 1492, what a rousing theme - love it :)

Side note: Jonn Serrie made a lot of music for planetariums, so if you like that brand of ‘starry wonder’ synth music he’s well worth checking out. No-one touches Vangelis though B)

• there are some other great videos posted on the first thread:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50248/rip-vangelis