Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RIP Vangelis

Word is getting around that Vangelis passed away on Tuesday. We lost another…

Comments

• R.I.P.

• edited May 2022

• I watched Blade Runner only a few days ago. Had many many happy hours listening to his music. A real talent without a doubt. RIP

• No way 😢 huge influence for me and a musical/compositional genius. Massive loss.

• Sad news indeed

• 😞 One of my musical heroes. RIP.

• Blade Runner is still the acme of film soundtracks as far as I am concerned. It is still the sound of the future.

Liked his weirder, more experimental albums too, e.g. Albedo 0.39:

And so, I’ll leave the last word to another passing spirit, inevitably:

• "Blade Runner" was "The" movie back in the day.
    The soundtrack was phenomenal.

Thank you for the music Vangelis.

RIP

🙏🏾

• Blade Runner-Love Theme-Full version

• Such sad news. Blade Runner is one of all time top favourite videos, the blend of Ripleys vision and the Vangelis theme tune, brilliant.

• We’re lucky to be able to listen to those Vangelian tears.

• Damnnn.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Blade Runner is still the acme of film soundtracks as far as I am concerned. It is still the sound of the future.

Totally agree Svetlovska. This is still the sound so many of us are trying to make on our ipads all these years later.

Good article from the Guardian here:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/19/vangelis-greek-composer-chariots-of-fire-blade-runner-dies?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Also, let's just remember that WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! So maybe let's live a little and not worry so much. 'How I learned to stop worrying and love the synth', I suppose we could call it here:

The parodies of these synth masters are such fun here. Nevertheless, sad to hear of Vangelis / Xangelix's passing 🙏

• Ah, crap.

• edited May 2022

God of electronic music, no one composeded like him.

Instead of a minute of silence I will celebrate this great loss by play "Abraham's theme" from "Chariots of fire".

As a child I loved to watching the fishes in the aquarium with this track in the background, I was endlessly scrolling the tape to the beginning of the track and played again and again.

A wonderful man, not only a musician. RIP

• Rest in peace and keep inspire us

• edited May 2022

@Gavinski said:

@Svetlovska said:
    Blade Runner is still the acme of film soundtracks as far as I am concerned. It is still the sound of the future.

Totally agree Svetlovska. This is still the sound so many of us are trying to make on our ipads all these years later.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/19/vangelis-greek-composer-chariots-of-fire-blade-runner-dies?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Also, let's just remember that WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! So maybe let's live a little and not worry so much. 'How I learned to stop worrying and love the synth', I suppose we could call it here:

The parodies of these synth masters are such fun here. Nevertheless, sad to hear of Vangelis / Xangelix's passing 🙏

Loved that Lords of Synth video when it came out.

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

@Svetlovska said:

Loved that Lords of Synth video when it came out.

So fantastic. I'm going to watch it again. I need something light hearted to help me recover from reading through the Lunar (S)lander thread 😂

• Damn that’s really sad to hear. We lost a great mind

• Sad news 😢
    R.I.P.

• Too many great musicians have passed recently. RIP.

• Definitely very sad, an inspiration to most of us I would guess. Nice to see the synth lords resurrected though 🙂

• He was apparently being treated for covid. Very sad.

• @ecou said:
    He was apparently being treated for covid. Very sad.

Ah damn....

• edited May 2022

What a legacy he has left us.
    It often seemed like didn't consciously write music, he just recorded his feelings and gave us a direct insight into his soul.

I discovered him at an early age through Cosmos, and in particular this piece:

The piano motif at the beginning is so beautiful, followed by a heavenly crecsendo.

One of my favourite lesser known pieces is 'Dreams of Surf':

It's... like a dream... with slowly shifting chords and gentle piano arpeggios.
    I love that it's suggestive of a melody that's just out of reach (as in a dream), and I love to play a rymdigared soft brass lead over the top of this in AUM and add my own.

RIP Vangelis.

• No way 😢💔💐