Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

In anticipation of Paul Betowski’s new thing, some old things: Those We Forget

edited May 2022 in Creations

The conversation elsewhere on the forum re a new thing coming from this dev reminded me I hadn’t used his SynthDrum Kick or trio of synth/sequencers , WT1, AM1 and FM304 for a while, and so decided to fit form to content with a little piece on the subject of forgetting using those very things. And, pace @Paulieworld, this one isn’t Dark Ambient, though whether it has sufficient chiaroscuro I will leave for others to decide. It does, however, have a lot of reverb. :)

Comments

• edited May 2022

Definitely light from dark. Nice. The drums provide an uplifting feel, and I found my head nodding in sync to the rhythm. There is a subtle melody line that reminds me, ever so slightly, of Westminster Quarters. Time to get up! The reverb worked well with this. This would be a good background for an early morning run. Good way to start the day. I liked it a lot.

Edit - I had to look up the actual name of the Big Ben song. I learned something new today.

• Very 👍

• Great energy and feels alive.

Love how the drums “breathe”.

• @Paulieworld : thank you! I like the idea of this being workout music. Drums do do that for me - think Iggy’s Lust For Life, top workout track there :)

@Slush : glad you liked it. :)

@Proppa : yes, just one of those happy accidents, I was tweaking the reverb settings, and just hit a sweet spot, I guess. As soon as I heard the way the drums were going, I had to build the rest of the track around them.

• Awesome stuff! His groovebox trio are some of my favorite apps ios has to offer, regardless of AU functionality.

• Great stuff. Synth Drum Kick was the first synth I completed anything at all with on ios - used it for drums, bass, lead and everything. It's a cool app!

• Great song! I named one of my earlier tracks after an obscure quote by Iggy Pop - I don't get high anymore... but I still think stoned thoughts!. That works for me. The track is called, appropriately enough, 'Think Stoned Thoughts'.