Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alternative to the Kawai VPC1? (Looking for a full size keys midi controller)

2»

Comments

• edited May 2022

Shit, go for the MP7se. It has a couple of excellent onboard pianos and EPs as well. The keyboard is a bit noisy. But with headphones or speakers no real problem. You’re not talking about the Numa X GT with wooden keys, I imagine? That’s a lot more dough.

SOS review of GT

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/studiologic-numa-x-piano-gt

• Studiologic Grand with wooden keys. It's an upgrade version of the Studiologic Studio (exact same keybed than the Komplete Kontrol 88 and Arturia Keylab 88.

• edited May 2022

The MP7SE is more expensive, but the reviews are way better. The Studiologic Grand has mix reviews. If I understand it correctly, if you are lucky, your unit will be very good, but if you are not, your unit with have a couple of troubles. There is no consistency.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Shit, go for the MP7se. It has a couple of excellent onboard pianos and EPs as well. The keyboard is a bit noisy. But with headphones or speakers no real problem. You’re not talking about the Numa X GT with wooden keys, I imagine? That’s a lot more dough.

SOS review of GT

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/studiologic-numa-x-piano-gt

On Thomann in CAD$

SL Grand 900$
    MP7SE 1600$
    Numa X GT 2200$

• Not a single problem with my ES8. I know they dealt with some keybed issues, but that has been corrected. What are the dates of the reviews you’re reading?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Not a single problem with my ES8. I know they dealt with some keybed issues, but that has been corrected. What are the dates of the reviews you’re reading?

I was talking about the Studiologic Grand. Did not heard anything bad never about the MP7SE.
    I agree that my post was not very clear.

The faulty action (sometimes) was on SOME of the Studiologic Grand. Not sure I want to gamble with a keyboard that I bought at 6000 KM from my house.

Numa X GT = Too expensive
    SL Grand = Gambling
    MP7SE = Big winner I think

And knowing that you endorse my choice is a plus!

If Thomann accept to ship it to me, I will buy the MP7SE.

Other thing: If I don't like it, I will probably sell it without losing anything.

• That sounds good. I’m hoping you’ll love it as I do my ES8 and you won’t have to bemoan not having pitch and mod wheels as I do.

• edited May 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    That sounds good. I’m hoping you’ll love it as I do my ES8 and you won’t have to bemoan not having pitch and mod wheels as I do.

The MP7SE have (has?) plastic or wooden keys?
    The only wooden keys that I (have?) tried are with the Yamaha P515 and the action was not for me. Not sure if it's better wood or plastic.

• edited May 2022

MP7 has plastic keys. The weight would be significantly more with wood. Yes, the P515 has a crummy action… similar to the VPC1, I’m guessing. Keep us posted.

• Is it better DHL + Canada Post or UPS Express for the shipping?

• Google it and you will find a lot of versions so, this is why I ask here.

• For the record of user like me who wants to buy from Germany to Canada:

Thank you for your email;

Please note that the Kawai MP-7 SE is only compatible with European voltage (230V). You will need a transformer to use this in Canada (120V). The SL88 and VPC1 are both compatible with European and North American power. You will, however, need a simple plug adapater as they will include a European 2 pin plug.

The Studiologic SL88 Grand and the Kawai MP-7 SE can be shipped to Canada with UPS Express. The estimated delivery time with UPS Express is 5-10 business days.

All our shipments are fully insured during transport. Also, our 3 Year Warranty is valid worldwide.

If there is anything else that we could help you with, do let us know.

Kind regards,