Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats Version 3

Comments

• Does anymore knows where the midi learn feature is Zenbeats v3 ?

• @wim said:

@CapnWillie said:

It loads in about 20 seconds on my Air 2. But I also don't have a lot of packs and don't have a lot of samples imported.

That’s probably it. I have tons of AUs and packs. Dangit. I was going to import a bunch of my own samples and loops but I’m not trying to wait 5 minutes to get to it.

I have a lot of AU's. I'm guessing it's the samples. If the slower device has lots of samples and the faster one doesn't, that would tend to back that up.

Roland can probably do some optimization to better deal with large libraries. Sometimes it just takes a bigger user set than a beta team to flush out issues like this.

Elsewhere I mentioned that I’d had the same problem with V2 which the good folks at Roland / Zenbeats fixed through an update last November. I always download the latest packs so I have them all. As I recall, that was the cause of the extra long launch time, which they fixed. I’m sure they will again with V3.

• So how cross-platform does the integration go?

If I start a project in iOS, will it launch and basically work OK on a Windows desktop?

Does it fail gracefully if you try to launch VST tracks in iOS apps? Try to launch AUV3 tracks via desktop?

Thx,
    Joe

P.S. Too much to expect... can you open the same project using multiple devices? Can they perform together?

• Updated. I forgot how good Zenbeats is in a lot of ways but hot damn it’s still so buggy and irritating too. I want to buy the unlock but not if I am just going to get the shits with it.

• edited May 2022

@BroCoast said:
    Updated. I forgot how good Zenbeats is in a lot of ways but hot damn it’s still so buggy and irritating too. I want to buy the unlock but not if I am just going to get the shits with it.

wait for for a bugfix update , it's somewhat normal after major updates to have some bugs.
    I plan going on monthly subscription

Bug:
    On mixer the view always defaults to track sends (I'm sure someone else posted the same bug)

Maybe not a bug , mostly a question:
    Anyone else can't pinch and zoom in/out on midi editor ?

• Apologies if this is a dumb question.

I've never really been a Stagelight or a Zenbeats user - it never quite gelled with me - but now I'm keen to give V3 a go.

I've updated and now the Help/About panel says I have V3 - so what does the paid option give me that I don't already have?

• edited May 2022

@Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:
    Updated. I forgot how good Zenbeats is in a lot of ways but hot damn it’s still so buggy and irritating too. I want to buy the unlock but not if I am just going to get the shits with it.

wait for for a bugfix update , it's somewhat normal after major updates to have some bugs.

Bug:
    On mixer the view always defaults to track sends (I'm sure someone else posted the same bug)

Right - they’ve implemented the use of a section marker and a finger drag up/down and left/right. It’s actually not bad now that I figured it out. I’ll see if I can illustrate it with some pix although a video using a mouse to see what’s selected etc. would be best.

A - use this bracket to define a segment to work on, in this case 1 measure. I believe this is just a visual reference unless I’m missing something. Drag near the top to move to a different location.

B - tap and drag from the black area. Up and down zoom in and out. Left and right drag shifts view horizontally.

C - tap here to reset view to the clips full boundaries.

Hope this makes sense. It’s different and it’s not bad when you get used to it. I’m not sure if there’s more to it! 😆

• @Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:

Yeah I gave the trial subscription a go.

Hmm, it’s just so buggy with AUv3. Almost every single one I have tried.

Midi FX don’t exist. Editing automation garbles audio.
    Can’t turn velocity off?

Yikes.

• @anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:

Bug:

Right - they’ve implemented the use of a section marker and a finger drag up/down and left/right. It’s actually not bad now that I figured it out. I’ll see if I can illustrate it with some pix although a video using a mouse to see what’s selected etc. would be best.

A - use this bracket to define a segment to work on, in this case 1 measure. I believe this is just a visual reference unless I’m missing something. Drag near the top to move to a different location.

B - tap and drag from the black area. Up and down zoom in and out. Left and right drag shifts view horizontally.

Hope this makes sense. It’s different and it’s not bad when you get used to it. I’m not sure if there’s more to it! 😆

Thank you :)
    I've managed to zoom horizontally (swipe up/down ) , is there a way for vertical zoom ? (just curious I don't think I'll need it)

• @Korakios said:

@anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:

Bug:

Thank you :)
    I've managed to zoom horizontally (swipe up/down ) , is there a way for vertical zoom ? (just curious I don't think I'll need it)

Plus/Minus buttons I guess 👍🏼

• Thanks 😎👍🏼

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

You muffed the link on the closed thread though. 😂

Kind of a weird variation on Rickrolling?

Hey folks!

This thread is now closed. Please head over to https://forum.audiob.us/profile/Jeezs to discuss Zenbeats Version 3.

• @Korakios said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@joegrant413 said:
    So to the folks that are fully into Zenbeats..... what is it that you find most attractive? Especially compared to any alternatives?

I haven't jumped into with both feet yet. Overall I think highly of Roland. But this is a new game.

Thanks

I was all in on the first iteration for a few months, but I got it for free. It was great for me because I enjoyed the templates for vocal recording and mixing tracks but then they went subscription for version updates and I wasn't quite into that. I spent the cash on Cubasis 3 and that's worked for everything I need.

it wasn't subscription based (only) and still ,this version can be bought once (until next major release which makes sense)

My mistake.

• edited May 2022

Just updated to 15.5, iPad Air 4.

Started ZB3 as the first app and it took 26 seconds. Pretty reasonable considering I have a good amount of packs, projects and loops. Slower though than ZB2…

/DMfan🇸🇪

• It’s nice to be able to drag a MIDI clip to an audio track and get…. audio!

• @BroCoast said:

@Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:

Can’t turn velocity off?

Yikes.

It’s a bit of a worry that these major, and obvious, bugs weren’t picked up in UAT - and that this was released as a major upgrade, with no rollback possible for the user…
    I subscribe to Zenbeats, and now can’t use it as I need to… but still paying… 🙄

• edited May 2022

@BroCoast said:

@Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:

Can’t turn velocity off?

Yikes.

That was very much my experience too, with AUv3 synths failing to load. I was delighted with the automation editor's ease-of-use (particularly impressed with spline curves between points), but it soon tuned to disappointment when I discovered editing the points resulted in a garbled audio mess, quickly followed by a crashed AUv3 effect. Editing with playback stopped removed the 'garbled audio' issue, but even then it wasn't long before it crashed again.

It really needs live recording of automation tweaks too, I could scarcely believe 'manual entry' was the only automation option - especially when an AUv3 is listing dozens of automatable parameters, and I'm trying to figure out which one I require!
    (Edit - I've just seen Wim posted in the other thread that you can map an external controller to an AU parameter and record automation that way, which is certainly better than nothing)

Hopefully the AUv3 crashing issue will be patched shortly, and I can delve into this DAW properly. It looks very promising otherwise. There's a lot to like here, it's just being held back by a few niggling issues...

• The cpu spikes while editing automation where on v2 , haven't tested on v3

• The new group tracks are incredible you can mix midi and audio tracks and even make group of groups!

• The new ZR1 is incredible, too! Leaning toward Beatmaker 3.

• edited May 2022

Jumping into the deep end of the pool. The gui updates have made this so much more usable. A couple of questions

*Is it possible to record gui movements as automation? Arming to record automation doesn’t seem to do it. I tried record the movement of the ZB internal filter

*Is it possible to do destructive audio editing on the timeline?

*Any way to import user samples into sampleverse?

• edited May 2022

@ecamburn said:

*Is it possible to record gui movements as automation? Arming to record automation doesn’t seem to do it. I tried record the movement of the ZB internal filter

This was a shock to me upon trying the app for the first time last night. Apparently you can't record automation tweaking 'live' (seems a bizarre omission), but only manually draw it in.

• @DanSebPage said:

@ecamburn said:

This was a shock to me upon trying the app for the first time last night. Apparently you can't record automation tweaking 'live' (seems a bizarre omission), but only manually draw it in.

I just draw in my automation anyway. By the time I did it in real time and then went in and tweaked it I’d be taking more time to get it right.

• @el_bo said:
    What's the lay of the land regarding the need to be connected to the internet?

Tried to use the free version on an iPhone, while out-and-about. But couldn't get it to start without mobile-data being connected. On this occasion, I allowed it to connect. but in general I'm not into having to be permanently online to use software. But more than that, when I take my iPad out with me, it has no mobile connection. Does this mean I woukdn't be able to use ZB3 with my iPad, outside?

Thanks!

The only time you need network access is if A. You're subscription based and the app needs to verify your status. B. If you want access to download content from the store. If you buy a platform Unlock and have it installed, you should be able use Zenbeats offline.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats , there need to be some work done on how AU plugins is displayed in the plugin window, plugins UI is being cut off and you can't scroll the window.
    Also look at SampleVerse to much wasted space, especially when loaded on desk top, load it on iOS when plugin window is selected and you would see.

I can see some plugins with issues here. If you could DM me with ones that you are having issues with, I take a look at those first.

• @CapnWillie said:
    Hey folks!

I’ve closed the original Zenbeats thread to make it easier to discuss the latest version. We’re lucky to have @MatthewAtZenbeats from Roland here along with plenty of engagement from the whole community with regard to the recent upgrade. Hopefully this will make it easier on Matthew to respond to our feedback while providing the community a central location for all things Zenbeats 3.

For those users who want to reference the old thread, find it here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34795/roland-zenbeats-by-roland-corporation-auv3#latest

THANK YOU. Much easier!

• @Jeezs said:
    Does anymore knows where the midi learn feature is Zenbeats v3 ?

@BroCoast said:

@Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:

Can’t turn velocity off?

Yikes.

A fix is incoming for the MIDI FX bugs, and a design change to make the MIDI Learn functions more accessible.

As for other AUv3 Issues: feel free to DM a list of ones that are not working correctly in Zenbeats. We have list but want to make sure the important ones from this community are on it.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@Jeezs said:
    Does anymore knows where the midi learn feature is Zenbeats v3 ?

@BroCoast said:

@Korakios said:

@BroCoast said:

Can’t turn velocity off?

Yikes.

A fix is incoming for the MIDI FX bugs, and a design change to make the MIDI Learn functions more accessible.

As for other AUv3 Issues: feel free to DM a list of ones that are not working correctly in Zenbeats. We have list but want to make sure the important ones from this community are on it.

Do you have an ETA on the update?

• edited May 2022

@MatthewAtZenbeats nice update. Finally playhead has been fixed it can now be moved freely during playback.
    There seem to be a couple of issue on the iPad Pro 11 2018.
    1. Send track issue (don’t know if it had been reported already)
    When you create a send track, the effect is added to in insert section of a track and the send track is empty.

1. There seem to be an issue with the midi editor resize handle. It does nothing and I’m able to resize the window.
      https://youtube.com/shorts/NGo8FZKTKZM?feature=share
  • 2 bugs:
    1) The slider above the on-screen keyboard does not work properly. I can zoom the keyboard in and out by swiping the slider up or down, but sliding left and right usually does not work. Sometimes work sometimes not.

2) key lock: I can’t select other key than the default C major. If I try to change it the window gets disabled.