Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats Version 3

Comments

• I can’t see any of my MIDI effects,anyone else got this problem ? Thanks.

• @Gasman50 said:
    I can’t see any of my MIDI effects,anyone else got this problem ? Thanks.

Me Too.. got 3 in quarantine.. that may be causing it not to show up…

• edited May 2022

I did a rescan , I think ZB3 should inform that during scanning the app would crash and it's normal(?) , since most people would think the app is unstable although relaunching resumes scanning

But now all midifx (rozeta) are in quarantine list
    Kaspar AU is also blocked

The metronome seems to catch up ,first tik is off , then on second it's ok

Air2 on iOS 13.latest

• @Gasman50 said:
    I can’t see any of my MIDI effects,anyone else got this problem ? Thanks.

Will look into this. Thanks for the report.

• Anyone else seeing behavior where when you call up the mixer view the channels come up showing sends instead of showing faders and meters by default? For me, I can switch it so they’re all showing faders, dismiss the view, and when I go back to it most have returned to send view. I also confirm that my MIDI plugins are all missing. The new UI and drum sampler are great though!

• +1 on missing midi effects

• No midi fx here either, 2020 IPad Pro, OS 15.3.1

• I’m digging the UI updates especially the navigation bar on the left and the floating editing toolbar. Congrats @MatthewAtZenbeats

For zr1 is it possible to set the loop marker for a clip to an increment less than a bar?

• @ecamburn said:
    I’m digging the UI updates especially the navigation bar on the left and the floating editing toolbar. Congrats @MatthewAtZenbeats

For zr1 is it possible to set the loop marker for a clip to an increment less than a bar?

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, drum patterns had a minimum size of 1 bar.

• @Tarekith said:

@Schmotown said:
    Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

A lot of apps I have I might only use a couple times a year in short, but intense writing sessions. It’s annoying have to manage subscribing and unsubscribing so I’m not paying for something I don’t currently have a use for.

Good point. And it has become somewhat ridiculous im some areas.
    A graphic designer buying an Adobe subscription for only 1 month because otherwise it wouldn't pay off - I find that weird.

People with enough steady income and low regular expenses wouldn't worry as much for sure.

• edited May 2022

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@ecamburn said:
    I’m digging the UI updates especially the navigation bar on the left and the floating editing toolbar. Congrats @MatthewAtZenbeats

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, drum patterns had a minimum size of 1 bar.

I’m really disappointed with this update or maybe I’ve miss to find those features.
    I know there’s lots of new features added to Zenbeats, but all of these can already be achieve with third parties auv3 plugins.

All the miising features’ some ask for more than 2 years now’ are still absent .

I mean functionalities that can’t be achieve with third parties plugins :

• Audio routing
    • side chain feature
    • midi Control Change recording and playback
    • Midi plugin recording and routing
    • drag and drop from iOS file app

And there’s also some feature that we’re plan and still missing

• Program change to load Zenbeats songs when using it on stage.

This list is not so long but theses feature are really the basis for a professional Daw.

It’s so sad as Zenbeats is the one most promising daw on any platform.

Hope it’ll be added someday though.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats thanks for the update as mentioned above some core features missing, however a powerful update. I have also DL on my M1 Mac and the performance is terrible, lots of audio drop out and a very high CPU level. Can't even use on my M1 Mac .

• @djjuniorpops said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats thanks for the update as mentioned above some core features missing, however a powerful update. I have also DL on my M1 Mac and the performance is terrible, lots of audio drop out and a very high CPU level. Can't even use on my M1 Mac .

I have the same issue on a pre-M1 Mac, too.

• @Jeezs said:
    I’m really disappointed with this update or maybe I’ve miss to find those features.
    I know there’s lots of new features added to Zenbeats, but all of these can already be achieve with third parties auv3 plugins.

My initial reactions were similar, though just mild disappointment as I am not heavily invested in ZB. I would also have rather have seen more enhancements to the basic DAW functionality that a lot here have been asking for, but I then remembered that ZB is also on Android which is not blessed with the iOS plugin ecosystem and so these new features will be much more valuable on that platform. It wasn’t until I used Audio Evo Mobile on Android that I realised how useful all of the built-in plugins were, whereas on iOS I had ignored most of them.

There is also a lot to be said for integrated functionality from a workflow point of view. I don’t really use sample slicing so I can’t comment on how the new module compares to existing plugins, but perhaps it offers something they don’t/can’t by being integrated into the DAW?

• @piccolo said:
    version 3 is crashing on M1 mac book pro!
    I would like to go back to version 2 for the time being.
    Download page is version 3 only!
    Where can I get version 2 for Mac please?

Version 3 is working fine on my 16" Macbook Pro(M1 Pro). MacOS 12.4

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@Jeezs said:

My initial reactions were similar, though just mild disappointment as I am not heavily invested in ZB. I would also have rather have seen more enhancements to the basic DAW functionality that a lot here have been asking for, but I then remembered that ZB is also on Android which is not blessed with the iOS plugin ecosystem and so these new features will be much more valuable on that platform. It wasn’t until I used Audio Evo Mobile on Android that I realised how useful all of the built-in plugins were, whereas on iOS I had ignored most of them.

There is also a lot to be said for integrated functionality from a workflow point of view. I don’t really use sample slicing so I can’t comment on how the new module compares to existing plugins, but perhaps it offers something they don’t/can’t by being integrated into the DAW?

• Cost: Having to buy extra plugins costs money. Not everyone will come to production already fully-loaded.
    • Stability: Stock plugins are, on the whole, likely to be more stable as opposed to all the thousands of untested permutations introduced by 3rd-party plugins.
    • CPU-efficient: Stock plugins and integrated workflow processes should, in theory, be a lot more CPU-efficient.
    • Brain-efficient: You no longer have to choose which of the 50 3rd-party slicers to use ;) :)
  • @el_bo said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

• Cost: Having to buy extra plugins costs money. Not everyone will come to production already fully-loaded.
    • Stability: Stock plugins are, on the whole, likely to be more stable as opposed to all the thousands of untested permutations introduced by 3rd-party plugins.
    • CPU-efficient: Stock plugins and integrated workflow processes should, in theory, be a lot more CPU-efficient.
    • Brain-efficient: You no longer have to choose which of the 50 3rd-party slicers to use ;) :)

Yes, good points. The CPU efficiency can certainly be a differentiator - Obsidian in NS2, for example. I also agree with the removal of choice sometimes being a good thing for getting on with making music!

• @Pierre118 said:

@piccolo said:
    version 3 is crashing on M1 mac book pro!
    I would like to go back to version 2 for the time being.
    Download page is version 3 only!
    Where can I get version 2 for Mac please?

Version 3 is working fine on my 16" Macbook Pro(M1 Pro). MacOS 12.4

I reinstalled it. It opens now but I have same issues as reported above by @djjuniorpops and @purpan2

I am sure Roland will fix it in comming days but for now i will like to go to back to verion 2.

I can't find installer for version 2 anywhere. I will greatly appreciate if anyone can help me out with it!

• @Jeezs said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@ecamburn said:

Thanks for feedback on the new UI. We've been polishing it a good bit to make it more user friendly regardless of screen size.

All the miising features’ some ask for more than 2 years now’ are still absent .

I hear you there on waiting for features you need. It's frustrating! From the development side, it's a juggling act to decide what new features and enhancements to work on. We recently did a user survey that helped shape the initial 3.0.0 release. This is just the first response to that data which not only addressed the most requested features, it also addresses several workflow and useability enhancements. As for the items you mentioned below. They're on our list. Side Chain for example, came in just below Group Tracks in feature request. So we prioritized groups tracks in this update.

• Audio routing

Try our new Group Tracks and let me know what other routing features you're missing

• side chain feature

On the list. I'll provide more info when I can

You can currently assign CC's to do this. Is there a particular case where that is not working for you?

Although there is bug that prevents loading MIDI plugins on ios (will be patched next). We do offer the ability to record the output of MIDI plugins directly to a track. When you add MIDI Plugin, click on the track's routing menu and you'll see the pre/post option there.

Noted. This would be really nice, especially with our new ZR1 Drum sampler :-)

This one seems new to me. So you want to be able to send a program change message from your MIDI controller and have it unload the current song, and open another one? That seems like it could potentially take a long time (depending on the contents of the song). Happy to discuss. DM me!

This list is not so long but theses feature are really the basis for a professional Daw.

@djjuniorpops said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats thanks for the update as mentioned above some core features missing, however a powerful update. I have also DL on my M1 Mac and the performance is terrible, lots of audio drop out and a very high CPU level. Can't even use on my M1 Mac .

Looking into the M1 issue. If you can please go to https://www.roland.com/backstage/#/zenbeats-support and file ticket.
    I'll look into posting a download link to Version 2.2.4 in the meantime.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@Jeezs said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@ecamburn said:

Thanks for feedback on the new UI. We've been polishing it a good bit to make it more user friendly regardless of screen size.

I hear you there on waiting for features you need. It's frustrating! From the development side, it's a juggling act to decide what new features and enhancements to work on. We recently did a user survey that helped shape the initial 3.0.0 release. This is just the first response to that data which not only addressed the most requested features, it also addresses several workflow and useability enhancements. As for the items you mentioned below. They're on our list. Side Chain for example, came in just below Group Tracks in feature request. So we prioritized groups tracks in this update.

• Audio routing

Try our new Group Tracks and let me know what other routing features you're missing

• side chain feature

On the list. I'll provide more info when I can

You can currently assign CC's to do this. Is there a particular case where that is not working for you?

Although there is bug that prevents loading MIDI plugins on ios (will be patched next). We do offer the ability to record the output of MIDI plugins directly to a track. When you add MIDI Plugin, click on the track's routing menu and you'll see the pre/post option there.

Noted. This would be really nice, especially with our new ZR1 Drum sampler :-)

This one seems new to me. So you want to be able to send a program change message from your MIDI controller and have it unload the current song, and open another one? That seems like it could potentially take a long time (depending on the contents of the song). Happy to discuss. DM me!

@djjuniorpops said:

Looking into the M1 issue. If you can please go to https://www.roland.com/backstage/#/zenbeats-support and file ticket.
    I'll look into posting a download link to Version 2.2.4 in the meantime.

Thanks your answer.
    I will try the new group and check again CC.
    I’ll DM you soon about the program change.

• edited May 2022

FYI

For those of you with an M1 Mac that are having performance issues, try this.

Open Zenbeats, tap the main menu then tap Settings.
    Tap the Interface tab and make sure OpenGL is disabled (unselected)
    Then tap on the Audio tab, and disable Multi-Core Processing.

Let me know if that helps.

@djjuniorpops

• edited May 2022

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    FYI

@djjuniorpops

@MatthewAtZenbeats , I can report that fix it, thanks, however still a bit high on the ram usage.
    Other than that much better.

• @djjuniorpops said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    FYI

@djjuniorpops

@MatthewAtZenbeats , I can report that fix it, thanks, however still a bit high on the ram usage.
    Other than that much better.

We're still looking into it, but glad to hear that solved the core issue! Thanks for getting back to me on that!

• So to the folks that are fully into Zenbeats..... what is it that you find most attractive? Especially compared to any alternatives?

I haven't jumped into with both feet yet. Overall I think highly of Roland. But this is a new game.

Thanks

• @joegrant413 said:
    So to the folks that are fully into Zenbeats..... what is it that you find most attractive? Especially compared to any alternatives?

I haven't jumped into with both feet yet. Overall I think highly of Roland. But this is a new game.

Thanks

i was super weary/skeptical for a long time. to be honest i just went for the 2.99 a month cus you get every sound pack plus auv3 plugins and you can also use zenbeats on PC and even android with them same account...

but i was looking into new workflows, ones that would both bring out my creativety AND quality without spending too much time on one or the other. there are several different workflow styles, the in app synths are actually pretty damn good. and then plug ins of course, the built in fx arent bad either... once you get the gist of it, and how to make and copy patterns and lay down a timeline or you can build a loop launcher and use it like that. personally i like the timeline view, but i can make a couple loops and them get them over to the timeline when im ready.

one of the best parts is the piano roll. instead of trying to touch the right note to either edit it or move it or delete it, i can select a few or 1 note, and on the left i can actually move the notes to the left or right with a knob that is very accurate. you can also change the start and end time of the piano roll note with there own seperate knobs..

with v3 sampling just got way better although somepeople are having midi issues and i cannot open koala anymore or it just crashes.. im sure they will fix it though...

ive used and still use koala sample and bm3, and record vocals in cubasis3....
    tried ns2, korg gadget, grooveboxes, auxy, auria, caustic, ... currently im learning drambo (cus holy F its the pinnacle of iOS music production) but i can host drambo in zenbeats so.. thats cool... i havent figured out how to sidechain but you can now group tracks and you can do sends and busses plus there are plug ins for that (BLEASS sidekick)..y

its quick, intuitive, easy learning curve, didnt need several videos watching others and following along
    i got it after about three solid, really honest trys. i love how on the top of each track in the mixer has a visual low pass - high pass filter you can slide to shed the lows or highs or both to your liking.

if you make hip hop, boom bap, trap, electronica, pop, rock, metal, etc. anything that requires a mixdown and mastering then i like, almost cant reccommend it enough. i love it and ive been in a huge creative block recently but this has helped me immensly ive started 3 new projects since i started using it, literally 3 or 4 days ago.

however if you are more the ambient, modular, generative, sound scape, live in the moment type of music guy then i would say probably not recommend and go for drambo instead if you havent yet

• @joegrant413 said:
    So to the folks that are fully into Zenbeats..... what is it that you find most attractive? Especially compared to any alternatives?

Thanks

I was all in on the first iteration for a few months, but I got it for free. It was great for me because I enjoyed the templates for vocal recording and mixing tracks but then they went subscription for version updates and I wasn't quite into that. I spent the cash on Cubasis 3 and that's worked for everything I need.

• What's the lay of the land regarding the need to be connected to the internet?

Tried to use the free version on an iPhone, while out-and-about. But couldn't get it to start without mobile-data being connected. On this occasion, I allowed it to connect. but in general I'm not into having to be permanently online to use software. But more than that, when I take my iPad out with me, it has no mobile connection. Does this mean I woukdn't be able to use ZB3 with my iPad, outside?

Thanks!

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@joegrant413 said:

Thanks

I was all in on the first iteration for a few months, but I got it for free. It was great for me because I enjoyed the templates for vocal recording and mixing tracks but then they went subscription for version updates and I wasn't quite into that. I spent the cash on Cubasis 3 and that's worked for everything I need.

it wasn't subscription based (only) and still ,this version can be bought once (until next major release which makes sense)

• edited May 2022

@joegrant413 said:

It’s Roland😊.

Seriously though. For me, ZB just gets the job done. Tried some others most notably NS2 but despite it being an excellent DAW in many ways I just didn’t get along with it and it lacked audio tracks. Enter ZB with audio tracks, and for free during the pandemic.

I’m not a pro user so I decided to start using it despite many people piling up things it lacked then. ZB has come a long way since, thank you @MatthewAtZenbeats and team. I haven’t looked back since.

What I like most is the simplicity of it, that I quickly can bang out ideas both using a piano roll and record or add loops, or combine the two. The drum part is more or less a TR-8 and designing your own drum pattern is a breeze, and there are many many drum patterns to download. For me not being a drummer, that is great. I mainly harass my family with trance, techno or some other electronic mayhem and ZB performs admirably for this. Now, with ZB3 and the quick and easy sampling possibilty, this is just huge. I can now keep them awake 24/7 with new noisy sonic ideas😁.

When ZC1 came along, I quickly realized that here on my iPad I had not only a music creation app, but the Roland history of sounds and their characteristics. Combined via AUv3 with different synths like Synthmaster, Moogs and others, I have a workstation at home which takes minimal space, en par in many ways with expensive hardware workstations. I use a midi keyboard for the tactile feel when needed/wanted, and an audio interface for outputs.

Yes, ZB is still missing a few things here and there and I support most or all the wishes made in different threads. But still, this is a very powerful music software as it stands right now and we see no sign of the development stopping.

YMMV, but that is why ZB is my choice.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @CapnWillie said:

+1

/DMfan🇸🇪