Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats Version 3

They just publish a trailer.
It should be available in a few hours.

«13456723

Comments

  • edited May 16

    Never tried it. Did the original particularly excel at anything compared to others in the category on iOS or was it used mostly for integration with hardware?

  • I don’t use Zenbeats as I never got on with its UI. I’m wondering what’s going on here though. A new version as opposed to an update? Mmmm interesting. At least we won’t have to wait long to see.

  • wimwim
    edited May 16

    Zenbeats is my most frequently used DAW (though I've been doing less work in DAWs lately). To me it neatly straddles the line between jamming and making finished pieces. The clip launcher view makes it super easy to lay down ideas and try out different combinations of clips. The timeline makes it easy to turn those into an arrangement. It's the most Ableton Live like experience on iOS.

    It's not the most advanced DAW for routing, mixing, mastering, etc, but in terms of actually getting ideas out and into a composition it can't be beat on iOS IMO.

    I also like to use it for just jamming and practicing. I can lay down a drum beat (or use one of the many included patterns) and a bass line in minutes, and be up and jamming on my guitar in no time. It has the added benefit that it's easy to capture anything that comes out of jamming for further development.

    Loopy Pro has monopolized my attention for now, but before that Zenbeats was my go-to.

  • @robosardine said:
    I don’t use Zenbeats as I never got on with its UI. I’m wondering what’s going on here though. A new version as opposed to an update? Mmmm interesting. At least we won’t have to wait long to see.

    Same here couldn’t get on with the UI but the trailer caught my attention with what appears to be a live sampling feature to pad while the sequencer was running. Will definitely check out the 5/17/22 roll out.

  • @wim said:
    Zenbeats is my most frequently used DAW (though I've been doing less work in DAWs lately). To me it neatly straddles the line between jamming and making finished pieces. The clip launcher view makes it super easy to lay down ideas and try out different combinations of clips. The timeline makes it easy to turn those into an arrangement. It's the most Ableton Live like experience on iOS.

    It's not the most advanced DAW for routing, mixing, mastering, etc, but in terms of actually getting ideas out and into a composition it can't be beat on iOS IMO.

    I also like to use it for just jamming and practicing. I can lay down a drum beat (or use one of the many included patterns) and a bass line in minutes, and be up and jamming on my guitar in no time. It has the added benefit that it's easy to capture anything that comes out of jamming for further development.

    Loopy Pro has monopolized my attention for now, but before that Zenbeats was my go-to.

    Thanks for the quick rundown.
    How is it with automation of AUv3 plugin parameters like knob and fader twiddling?

  • @BirbHope said:

    @wim said:
    Zenbeats is my most frequently used DAW (though I've been doing less work in DAWs lately). To me it neatly straddles the line between jamming and making finished pieces. The clip launcher view makes it super easy to lay down ideas and try out different combinations of clips. The timeline makes it easy to turn those into an arrangement. It's the most Ableton Live like experience on iOS.

    It's not the most advanced DAW for routing, mixing, mastering, etc, but in terms of actually getting ideas out and into a composition it can't be beat on iOS IMO.

    I also like to use it for just jamming and practicing. I can lay down a drum beat (or use one of the many included patterns) and a bass line in minutes, and be up and jamming on my guitar in no time. It has the added benefit that it's easy to capture anything that comes out of jamming for further development.

    Loopy Pro has monopolized my attention for now, but before that Zenbeats was my go-to.

    Thanks for the quick rundown.
    How is it with automation of AUv3 plugin parameters like knob and fader twiddling?

    Not so great. I think you can only record automation from an external controller. But I could be totally wrong on that. The last time I tried was at least a year ago.

  • @BirbHope said:
    Never tried it. Did the original particularly excel at anything compared to others in the category on iOS or was it used mostly for integration with hardware?

    no hardware integration , but the clip based workflow is unique on iOS (you can record the performance on timeline too)

  • edited May 17

    @BirbHope said:
    How is it with automation of AUv3 plugin parameters like knob and fader twiddling?

    Still drawing manually :(
    edit : for the recent versions , don't know if anything changes on the new version

  • New feature : probability :)

  • Free or paid update? If it’s a major update it’s likely gonna cost or require subscription. I used Zen heavy when it was Stagelight. It was one of the few DAWs to integrate with Roli blocks and MPE. I dug the clips as it was before Garageband added loop/clip launch. People often forget about GB as a live looper or clip launcher but with the quality of instruments, content and dj effects along with instant logic integration…GB surpassed everything for that workflow for me.

    I did ironically fire Zenbeats up this morning and realized how slick it is. The content has improved as has some of the UI tweaks. I’m interested in this but if it’s behind the subscription wall I’ll pass.

  • @Korakios said:
    New feature : probability :)

    Now that is wise…

  • From the end of the video clip it’s obviously gonna involve sampling features

  • I dig Zenbeats and look forward to this new version. Hoping it has stronger audio editing.

  • Can't see much from grabbing screenshots


  • Wonder if it’s a paid update? There’s no way I’m going the cloud subscription route…

  • edited May 17

    I figure this is to add more value to their Roland Cloud. I don't think they're gonna split it off.

    Zenbeats did have really good templating for laying down vocal tracks. Then I got Cubasis 3 and that's my preffered go-to for everything now (except gadget for Korg sounds).

  • @Samu said:
    Wonder if it’s a paid update? There’s no way I’m going the cloud subscription route…

    could be the way to go. freemium and all that.
    Not too much worried, as ZenBeats never clicked with me. Cubasis beside AUM, Loopy and Drambo (since a few days ;))
    competition is hard these days.

  • Clip launcher is no longer unique to ZenBeats, Drambo delivers. 🙏

  • @auxmux said:
    Clip launcher is no longer unique to ZenBeats, Drambo delivers. 🙏

    Did you succeed to record audio in sync ( start recording after the precount) with sequencer using Drambo?
    I haven’t found any info, how do to do that.

  • I used stagelight then zenbeats for quite a while. It’s brilliant with a great workflow and works great on iPhone. Fantastic drum sequencer and clip launcher -> timeline was unique to the platform. Also handles audio tracks really well.

    Ultimately there was a few missing features that pushed me to AUM/dawless.

    Still, I’ll keep an eye on this update…

  • @Jeezs said:

    @auxmux said:
    Clip launcher is no longer unique to ZenBeats, Drambo delivers. 🙏

    Did you succeed to record audio in sync ( start recording after the precount) with sequencer using Drambo?
    I haven’t found any info, how do to do that.

    There are no dedicated 'audio-clips/tracks' in Drambo yet but I would not be surprised if we'll get them some day...

  • Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

  • @Schmotown said:
    Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

    The app should be the most important app, connecting rest of plugins, and the core on what we are creating. If these conditions are true. I would jump into subscription (of course if it is cheap : )

  • @Samu said:
    Wonder if it’s a paid update? There’s no way I’m going the cloud subscription route…

    Until now Roland offers both unlock and subscription , it's up to the user to choose . I don't think they'll change that

  • edited May 17

    @Schmotown said:
    Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

    Simply because when you stop subscription you don’t have access to your own creation anymore !
    Cloud services need storage maintenance so a subscription is fair, when it’s a tool it’s a totally different story.

  • @Schmotown said:
    Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

    Because I use a thousand apps…

  • @Schmotown said:
    Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

    A lot of apps I have I might only use a couple times a year in short, but intense writing sessions. It’s annoying have to manage subscribing and unsubscribing so I’m not paying for something I don’t currently have a use for.

  • edited May 17

    @Schmotown said:
    Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

    For me it's very simole and very clear.

    Data cloud storage ? I pay for renting their hadrive space. Totally ok in my head to pay subscription during i have data stored on their hard drive.

    Netflix ? I pay subscriotion cause i'm paying not for Netflix app but for the content i watch - every month i watch new content, so again, i'm totally ok with subscriotion model.

    Don't use Office365 (because of subscriotion lol) but rsther OpenOffice.

    I have peoblem to pay subscription (rent) for app - i want to OWN app. Especially in case of music apps i need bond with app, mental connection like it's mine, like when i buy hw synth -to be able to use it creatively, i need to feel it's min. Even when imborrowed one HW synth frommy friend, imhad no fun with it because i somehow felt it's not miné it's just borrowed lol.

    Also - I want to have luxury to not use it for year and then suddently use it on full throttle - without bothering when to pay subscriotion and when not topay. Like imagine having 20-30 apps on subscription and still paying attention when which subscription to end or renew agai. It would be massive time consuming overhead.

    So - service used on daily/monthly/weekly basis - subscription totally OK.

    App, product -used sometimes, and then unused for some time - subscription VERY MUCH NOT OK.

  • @Jeezs said:

    @Schmotown said:
    Trying to understand… why are app subscriptions so unpopular here? Streaming and cable video, utilities like electricity and water, Amazon Prime, Spotify, cloud storage, Office 365, and many others are subscription services. So why not apps?

    Simply because when you stop subscription you don’t have access to your own creation anymore !
    Cloud services need storage maintenance so a subscription is fair, when it’s a tool it’s a totally different story.

    The reality is that developers of iOS music apps with the current low pricing and "buy-once get updates forever" model isn't a healthy/sustainable ecosystem. Most developers are losong money if you consider their development time and expenses. Subscriptions or variants thereof might make it possible for them to make enough of a living for development to be their job.

    The thing is that for most of the music apps we use, we aren't paying the full cost of development.

    Subscription does not necessarily mean you lose your content if you unsubscribe. That depends on the model.

Sign In or Register to comment.