Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audio routing black magic [linking audio between all kinds of different hosts]

2»

Comments

• @Pynchon said:
    Many thanks, @prtr_jan !

My mistake was that I was putting the receiver in the instrument slot of AUM, instead of using the FX slot.

Putting up the transmitter in the FX chain of a host (Drambo in this case), and the receiver also in the FX slot (AUM), it works flawlessly.

The most important thing, this can be used to transmit audio between Studiomux and AUM.

In the latest version of Studiomux, the option of processing effects from your computer, was generating a distorted audio.

Now I can send an audio track from Bitwig in my Mac to Studiomux in the iPad. Send the audio to AUM via VisualSwift, applying effects.

Then I connect the AUM audio signal to Studiomux, using a second channel. And then from Studiomux to Bitwig.

You have solved a problem that I had been trying to solve for months!

Pure audio routing black magic.

You’re welcome! Thank @Jorge for making the apps!
    As I said above: it was also magic to me when I found out.
    In my case I don’t think there’s a problem using the instrument slots in AUM for the receiving Swift apps. Not forgetting to press the letters A,B,C.. to get the link started was my eye opener.

I will change the thread title a little.

• edited June 2022

@prtr_jan said:

@Pynchon said:
    Many thanks, @prtr_jan !

My mistake was that I was putting the receiver in the instrument slot of AUM, instead of using the FX slot.

Putting up the transmitter in the FX chain of a host (Drambo in this case), and the receiver also in the FX slot (AUM), it works flawlessly.

The most important thing, this can be used to transmit audio between Studiomux and AUM.

In the latest version of Studiomux, the option of processing effects from your computer, was generating a distorted audio.

Now I can send an audio track from Bitwig in my Mac to Studiomux in the iPad. Send the audio to AUM via VisualSwift, applying effects.

Then I connect the AUM audio signal to Studiomux, using a second channel. And then from Studiomux to Bitwig.

In my case I don’t think there’s a problem using the instrument slots in AUM for the receiving Swift apps. Not forgetting to press the letters A,B,C.. to get the link started was my eye opener.

@prtr_jan @Pynchon This is amazing, I can't believe you've found this solution for Studiomux, so simple with just the Visual Swift TX in SMUX and the RX in AUM - no more distorted audio from desktop just when I was about to give up hope :)

Thank you for sharing, totally made my day.

EDIT: Among other things this allows me to use Loopy Pro (in AUM) connected via Studiomux to my laptop to receive audio and feed it back out to Endlesss Studio (hosted in Ableton) - so Loopy Pro online jamming :)

• @steve99 said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Pynchon said:
    Many thanks, @prtr_jan !

@prtr_jan @Pynchon This is amazing, I can't believe you've found this solution for Studiomux, so simple with just the Visual Swift TX in SMUX and the RX in AUM - no more distorted audio from desktop just when I was about to give up hope :)

EDIT: Among other things this allows me to use Loopy Pro (in AUM) connected via Studiomux to my laptop to receive audio and feed it back out to Endlesss Studio (hosted in Ableton) - so Loopy Pro online jamming :)

You made me change the title to this thread again. :)

• edited June 2022

@steve99 said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Pynchon said:
    Many thanks, @prtr_jan !

Is studiomux not working for you with AUM? Was the last beta working for you before it expired?

• edited June 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Pynchon said:
    Many thanks, @prtr_jan !

Is studiomux not working for you with AUM? Was the last beta working for you before it expired?

No, not working now with app store version of SMUX and latest AUM (sending audio via SMUX to AUM is distorted). Yes, it was working fine for me with the now expired beta. This Visual Swift solution is a miracle as far as I'm concerned.

• @steve99 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@steve99 said:

@prtr_jan said:

@Pynchon said:
    Many thanks, @prtr_jan !

No, not working now with app store version of SMUX and latest AUM (sending audio via SMUX to AUM is distorted). Yes, it was working fine for me with the now expired beta. This Visual Swift solution is a miracle as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the info.

• edited June 2022

Here's a couple of screenshots of Visual Swift and Studiomux setup to send and receive audio to and from AUM and desktop.

Visual Swift TX AUv3 in/from SMUX and then Visual Swift RX in AUM. You can send it back from AUM using another pair of Visual Swift TX/RX, but I find it more useful to have the SMUX icon in the AUM output slot for quick app switching.

Also, to get clean audio, I needed to configure the SMUX effect plugin to send and receive, even though it's not receiving anything.

• And now some real black magic - I've not been able to get Samplr to work with Studiomux since version 4 as v5 doesn't seem to work with Audiobus (needed for Samplr to both receive and send audio). I tried Visual Swift and Audiobus with Studiomux on my iPad Pro 4th Gen, but I couldn't get clean audio. HOWEVER, on my iPad Pro 2nd Gen 10.5 it does work, why the difference I don't know, but you can have 2 iPads connected with Studiomux, so I'm going to embrace an expanded setup and not worry too much about it, brilliant for me to have Samplr reintegrated.

Visual Swift TX A (SMUX) to RX A (AUDIOBUS) and then TX B (AUDIOBUS) to RX B (SMUX)