Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

She Killed Him With Her Voodoo

Headphones recommended

Comments

• Super cool track, quite filmic.

• edited May 2022

Fantastic title, fantastic piece. Drone shot swooping low over jungle clad hills, cut to: a desperate young man running, leaping across roofs of a sprawling favella. He looks over his shoulder, being chased by… what? Close up on the face of a beautiful woman in a darkened, fire-lit room. She smiles mysteriously…

• @Toastedghost said:
    Super cool track, quite filmic.

Thank you! I really enjoy making music this way. For most of my life I played in 'bands'. I never had full control of the end result. Now I can do whatever I like with any instrumentation that I choose. If it turns out good, I can take a victory lap. If not, I sit alone on the bench of shame. At one time I had a room full of gear. Now I have only this little iPad that I can take with me anywhere I go. Thanks for listening. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• @Svetlovska said:
    Fantastic title, fantastic piece. Drone shot swooping low over jungle clad hills, cut to: a desperate young man running, leaping across roofs of a sprawling favella. He looks over his shoulder, being chased by… what? Close up on the face of a beautiful woman in a darkened, fire-lit room. She smiles mysteriously…

The title was just a working title that I intended to change. This piece came together a little at a time over several weeks. When I decided it was done, I thought the title wasn't too bad, so I kept it. Almost immediately after posting it, after I sobered up, I asked myself... Paulie, you idiot...what have you done? So, thank you for the affirmation of the title.

It came from a line in an old National Lampoon sketch - "I confess, I killed Papa Doc with my voodoo... please don't hit me again!" Your visualization fits perfectly, as I listen to it again. She doesn't actually kill him, it's profoundly worse. I wonder what he did to deserve this fate?

• Your tracks are so well balanced and produced. So much to hear but it never feels overcrowded. Everything has a place. I like the driving feel of this one.
    @Toastedghost is quite correct. Very filmic.

• @MadeofWax said:
    Your tracks are so well balanced and produced. So much to hear but it never feels overcrowded. Everything has a place. I like the driving feel of this one.
    @Toastedghost is quite correct. Very filmic.

Hey Mac! Hope things are going well. I really appreciate that comment. I revisited this track yesterday when I was looking for something to post. I thought it sounded too dense, and I took out about 6-8 tracks that were not really adding any value. I still think it's a bit much, but a lot better than it was. Thanks for the confirmation. Take care, mate!

• edited May 2022

Voodoo? Something profoundly worse than actual death? I think we know what that might be:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Serpent_and_the_Rainbow_(book)

(Not the entertaining but cheesy Wes Craven movie ‘based’ on it.)

“ The book presents the case of Clairvius Narcisse, a man who had been a zombie for two years, as showing that the zombification process was more likely the result of a complex interaction of tetrodotoxin, a powerful hallucinogenic plant called Datura, and cultural forces and beliefs.”

• @Svetlovska said:
    Voodoo? Something profoundly worse than actual death? I think we know what that might be:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Serpent_and_the_Rainbow_(book)

(Not the entertaining but cheesy Wes Craven movie ‘based’ on it.)

“ The book presents the case of Clairvius Narcisse, a man who had been a zombie for two years, as showing that the zombification process was more likely the result of a complex interaction of tetrodotoxin, a powerful hallucinogenic plant called Datura, and cultural forces and beliefs.”

I read that Wiki article, and a few things became a little more clear to me. Especially the 'mental slave' bit. Those ingredients reminded me a little of my ex wife's cooking. In particular, the 'itching pee'. Oh well, she went her way, I went mine. I wish her well. I'm supposed to say that.

I am profoundly happy with my current love. We met online. I told her it was good that she lived close by, since I only had one leg. She replied with a dirty joke... I mean really filthy. I thought, this could be the start of something beautiful, and I was right. She doesn't think I'm too weird, most of the time. Then again, she's pretty far out, too. Birds of a feather.

• Sounds absolutely fantastic.

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    Sounds absolutely fantastic.

Thank you! Definitely a weird title, but I think it turned out pretty good.

• How do crank such marvelous stuff out so quickly and prolifically? Damn!

• @boomer said:
    How do crank such marvelous stuff out so quickly and prolifically? Damn!

I actually don't! I usually do a little at a time after I get home from work. I have a bunch of stuff in the pipe at any given time, and I really enjoy the assembly process. I don't mind spending time on a track. To a casual observer, my workflow is about as exciting as watching paint dry, but it gives me some joy when like-minded people like you recognize my efforts. Thank you, bro!