Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let's learn/re-learn Drambo 2.0 together

It's been a while since I've used Drambo and I needed a bit of refresher. Thought others might need it too.

Here is Doug's excellent guide on getting started with Drambo

Here is Ben's fantastic overview on the Drambo 2 update

Comments

• Yes, although there have been significant UI changes in V2. Still, perhaps this thread could be used as a repository for video tutorials?

• I've just uploaded a deep dive tutorial about the new Clip Mode.

And here is my first tutorial about the sequencer and auto-grow record in version 2.0:

More to come!

• This is a great idea, has anyone seen a good buffer tutorial at all? I keep diving into them but end up confused - I like feeding back through them to make modulated delay/looper type things…

• @Krupa said:
    This is a great idea, has anyone seen a good buffer tutorial at all? I keep diving into them but end up confused - I like feeding back through them to make modulated delay/looper type things…

Buffers have been a fun playground for me - maybe just for the reason that the inner workings are somewhat concealed? :D

• @cyberheater said:
    It's been a while since I've used Drambo and I needed a bit of refresher. Thought others might need it too.

Good idea. The technique of building racks with synths, effects, generators and processors hasn't changed with v2.0.

• @rs2000 said:

@Krupa said:
    This is a great idea, has anyone seen a good buffer tutorial at all? I keep diving into them but end up confused - I like feeding back through them to make modulated delay/looper type things…

Buffers have been a fun playground for me - maybe just for the reason that the inner workings are somewhat concealed? :D

Maybe you’re right, a mystery solved can be a treasure lost…

• Here's a link to a series I did called "Drambo Bites" which will help you get up and running in no time. Each video is less than 5 minutes long. Have fun!

• Noob question that probably got buried in the other topic: what’s the deal with the last 4 track pads? Can they be used? How?

• @db909 said:
    Noob question that probably got buried in the other topic: what’s the deal with the last 4 track pads? Can they be used? How?

Add another 4 tracks.
    Add them from track 8 otherwise they’ll disconnect the Master Track.
    You have to manually configure the inputs and outputs or save a Track preset and load that up.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Here's a link to a series I did called "Drambo Bites" which will help you get up and running in no time. Each video is less than 5 minutes long. Have fun!

Brilliant stuff Davey. Thanks very much.

• @cyberheater said:
    Brilliant stuff Davey. Thanks very much.

Cheers!

• Question:
    Can Drambo use Multi-bus apps like DrumComputer within its own architecture?

If so how would I route DrumComputer voices to separate busses for effecting/mixing?

• edited May 2022

@audiblevideo said:
    Question:
    Can Drambo use Multi-bus apps like DrumComputer within its own architecture?

If so how would I route DrumComputer voices to separate busses for effecting/mixing?

It can, the Drambo module containing the AU will have as many output as needed. Where you route those outputs is entirely up to you, but one way of doing it is adding a Layer module after DrumComputer, where each layer connects to one output of DC. Then you add whatever processing you want in each layer.

I think that one of the SFM tutorials explained this in detail, let me check.

Edit: he actually has two videos with different approaches:

• I’d like to think Davey is on the Orient Express in that pic!

What are you drinking by the way? I’ll have two.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2022

@Daveypoo said:
    Here's a link to a series I did called "Drambo Bites" which will help you get up and running in no time. Each video is less than 5 minutes long. Have fun!

I loved "Drambo Bites"... they were short, clear explanations of tricky Drambo details. But I could see that they take a lot of time to create.

They can get someone climbing up the learning curve fast. It's a tutorial model I'd like to see someone embrace and extend with a series. But it would have to be a labor of love with little reward other than gratitude.

It would probably be done best by someone that doesn't yet understand Drambo but finds a useful clue and makes a video and continues to document the journey to mastery over a year or 2.

• @AtticusL said:
    I’d like to think Davey is on the Orient Express in that pic!

What are you drinking by the way? I’ll have two.

It looks orange enough to be an Aperol Spritz?

• edited May 2022

Here’s a little walk thru while rocking my little one to sleep for a nap:

• Cheers @Daveypoo, we had one at exactly the same time here too :D

• Thank you @Grandbear was googling and my fu was coming up empty

• @rs2000 said:
    Cheers @Daveypoo, we had one at exactly the same time here too :D

• I want a tutorial on how to live @Daveypoo’s life.

• @FastGhost said:
    I want a tutorial on how to live @Daveypoo’s life.

No you don't - like most of us on social media it's easy to present the pretty side of life, but the truth is FAR more complicated and stressful. I'll have a story to tell when things settle down, but my life has been in a massive state of flux for over a year now. That's why I haven't made videos in as long. But - we're close to landing on our feet, so please keep your appendages crossed for me and my family. 🤞🤞

And in the meantime - have an aperitivo and smile! Now - BACK TO DRAMBO!!!

• Fingers crossed for you sir.

• @Daveypoo said:

@FastGhost said:
    I want a tutorial on how to live @Daveypoo’s life.

No you don't - like most of us on social media it's easy to present the pretty side of life, but the truth is FAR more complicated and stressful. I'll have a story to tell when things settle down, but my life has been in a massive state of flux for over a year now. That's why I haven't made videos in as long. But - we're close to landing on our feet, so please keep your appendages crossed for me and my family. 🤞🤞

And in the meantime - have an aperitivo and smile! Now - BACK TO DRAMBO!!!

Looking forward to you being back on YouTube, Davey!

• Thanks, @FastGhost - I appreciate it.

Me too, @Michael_R_Grant - me too!

• @supadom said:
    Yes, although there have been significant UI changes in V2. Still, perhaps this thread could be used as a repository for video tutorials?

It would be much better to add tutorials to the wiki. Any information added in the forum becomes hard to find.

It would be great if folks would add tutorials to the related wiki pages.

• This is the thread I've been hoping for. Well done chaps.

• Does anyone know how to make Drambo send its notes to an AUV3 on a specific MIDI Channel?

I can only see how to set it for sending external MIDI. I’d like to send MIDI notes to Pure Acids drum machine on MIDI Channel 10.

• @sdesign use the Midi module - Channel Filter. Change it to the mode where it sets the channel instead of filters channel.

• I downloaded the new "M1sha" Drambo Rack and it layout a very unique area with buttons
    and a sequencer display and more... I have never seen a Drambo app with this type of display. How is it done? Is there a "GUI design/layout" module in Drambo?

This rack in a very good imitation of the Eventide "Misha" hardware with a focus on the 16-step sequencer capabilities and probably a lot more.

I hope a guru can check it out and advise on the tools use to make it:

https://patchstorage.com/m1sha/

This is what Misha hardware can do: