Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is AURIA Pro Abandonware?

Comments

• @AIRstudio said:
    Auria is no longer supported by its developer. The app is only up on the App Store to generate any last income and should be reported to Apple as abandoned.

Damn bro..you MAAADDDD 😂🤣😂

• @ninobeatz said:

@AIRstudio said:
    Auria is no longer supported by its developer. The app is only up on the App Store to generate any last income and should be reported to Apple as abandoned.

Could be some truth to it as the Auria support forum seems to begone too...

...time for Apple to release Logic for iPad as the other iOS 'DAWs' simply don't cut it...
    (And Yeah, I'm back on the desktop for most DAW duties).

• @Samu said:

@ninobeatz said:

@AIRstudio said:

...time for Apple to release Logic for iPad as the other iOS 'DAWs' simply don't cut it...
    (And Yeah, I'm back on the desktop for most DAW duties).

Sam, I get it but a lot of this is the users fault. If you see the writing on the wall but ignore it..it's the devs fault?

• @AIRstudio said:

There have have been updates in the past year. There isn’t much support but isn’t abandoned, either. It’s maintenance level support.

• @ninobeatz said:

Sam, I get it but a lot of this is the users fault. If you see the writing on the wall but ignore it..it's the devs fault?

Nope, it definitely not the devs fault...
    We as users are ultimately responsible for picking the tools we use and work with :sunglasses:

After I had a few pages full of things I 'wished' were available in iPad DAWs I took a deep-dive back into Logic and realized >90% of the features were already present there so the logical choice was to use the tools I already had and stop wasting time waiting for the iPad to catch up to what I already have and use the iPad as a complementary device.

Thankfully the iPad <-> Mac integration is now at a level where it's simple to just drag'n'drop files between the devices and in some cases directly between apps. (ie. straight to/from the time-line in Logic).

For me the Mac apps will never replace apps like BM3 or Drambo on the iPad even if the 'apps' can run on the Desktop.
    Nothing beats the 'touch experience' for certain things.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@ninobeatz said:

Nope, it definitely not the devs fault...
    We as users are ultimately responsible for picking the tools we use and work with :sunglasses:

After I had a few pages full of things I 'wished' were available in iPad DAWs I took a deep-dive back into Logic and realized >90% of the features were already present there so the logical choice was to use the tools I already had and stop wasting time waiting for the iPad to catch up to what I already have and use the iPad as a complementary device.

Thankfully the iPad <-> Mac integration is now at a level where it's simple to just drag'n'drop files between the devices and in some cases directly between apps. (ie. straight to/from the time-line in Logic).

For me the Mac apps will never replace apps like BM3 or Drambo on the iPad even if the 'apps' can run on the Desktop.
    Nothing beats the 'touch experience' for certain things.

Cheers!

I absolutely agree!!

• @Samu said:

@ninobeatz said:

@AIRstudio said:

This one seems to work...

https://forum.auriaapp.com/index.php?_ga=2.54638830.45799194.1664029549-491760382.1664029549

• But if you don't have the direct link and try to reach it from the homepage it's a different story...
    https://auriaapp.com/auria

I do have sympathy for those who are heavily invested in AuriaPro with all the IAPs.

@WaveMachineLabs sometimes visits the forum so it would be nice to hear his take on all this?

Cheers!

• edited September 2022

@Samu said:

But if you don't have the direct link and try to reach it from the homepage it's a different story...
    https://auriaapp.com/auria

I do have sympathy for those who are heavily invested in AuriaPro with all the IAPs.

@WaveMachineLabs sometimes visits the forum so it would be nice to hear his take on all this?

Cheers!

I didnt have the direct link. I got to it from the website on the app store.

Looks like you hit the 'auria support' link and not 'auria forum'. Looks like they just need to fix the site.

• @AudioGus said:

Looks like you hit the 'auria support' link and not 'auria forum'. Looks like they just need to fix the site.

Yeah, hopefully it's still alive...

(That's the link I clicked).

• edited September 2022

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

Definitely gives a bad impression, they should tidy up the links for sure. Looks like there are differences between the mobile and desktop sites too.

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

Main menu link is incorrect on their website, bottom menu forum link works though.

• @monz0id said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

Main menu link is incorrect on their website, bottom menu forum link works though.

My bookmark to the Auria forum that worked within the last few weeks isn’t working. I get page not found.

• edited September 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@monz0id said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

My bookmark to the Auria forum that worked within the last few weeks isn’t working. I get page not found.

I don’t use Auria (deleted it ages ago) so never used the forum (actually I think I posted something once years ago, but got such a kicking from the sycophants that I never went back), but it’s on a sub-domain (https://forum.auriaapp.com/), so either they moved it but forgot to update the main top menu and tell users, or maybe they had a redirect in place that’s since been removed.

• @monz0id said:

@espiegel123 said:

@monz0id said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

I don’t use Auria (deleted it ages ago) so never used the forum (actually I think I posted something once years ago, but got such a kicking from the sycophants that I never went back), but it’s on a sub-domain (https://forum.auriaapp.com/), so either they moved it but forgot to update the main top menu and tell users, or maybe they had a redirect in place that’s since been removed.

Thanks for that. They must have very recently done some reconfiguring, possibly breaking url remapping they had in place?

• @espiegel123 said:

@monz0id said:

@espiegel123 said:

@monz0id said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

Thanks for that. They must have very recently done some reconfiguring, possibly breaking url remapping they had in place?

If the forum was on a different URL previously, they may have used a redirect plugin that's stopped working after a CMS update (they're using Drupal for their main website), or maybe the .htaccess file was changed.

• WaveMachine labs was sold by master coder and developer Matt Werner years ago.

Auria pro hasn’t worked properly in years. While it was the absolute gold standard before 2019, it was definitely abandoned and a scam to anyone who bought it, especially since 2020.

I am sorry if I am coming off strongly on this topic but nothing about Wavemachine seems honest anymore. Look at the reviews in the App Store (forget online and Reddit and the rage and contempt people feel for being duped). They have like a few real ratings, like very few. These verified purchases show how real customers felt after purchasing it. They are all 1-2 stars. Then all the 5 star reviews are fakes. They say nothing and aren’t real.

If the new owners of WaveMachine Labs would like to explain their App Store reviews and ratings, where they have been for 5 years, why they haven’t disclosed anything about the company or software and just generally why be shady?

This forum exists for the purpose of providing information and no community would be more interested in Auria updates than here, so why haven’t they engaged? Corey and Rim know about this place.

Auria Pro is a scam and unless they are honest about losing the master coder Matt Werner, I’ll continue to see it as the biggest “music dev ownership-purchase scam” in the App Store

By all means, I would love to be proven wrong and have my $54.45 worth it but until then I’ll stick with Zenbeats 3 (and CB3 is better than Auria pro now anyway if Zb3 isn’t for you)

• This is why regulations exist. In my view software that is no longer supported should be forcefully open sourced if there are bugs impeding it’s use.

• @everspring said:
    WaveMachine labs was sold by master coder and developer Matt Werner years ago.

Auria pro hasn’t worked properly in years. While it was the absolute gold standard before 2019, it was definitely abandoned and a scam to anyone who bought it, especially since 2020.

I am sorry if I am coming off strongly on this topic but nothing about Wavemachine seems honest anymore. Look at the reviews in the App Store (forget online and Reddit and the rage and contempt people feel for being duped). They have like a few real ratings, like very few. These verified purchases show how real customers felt after purchasing it. They are all 1-2 stars. Then all the 5 star reviews are fakes. They say nothing and aren’t real.

If the new owners of WaveMachine Labs would like to explain their App Store reviews and ratings, where they have been for 5 years, why they haven’t disclosed anything about the company or software and just generally why be shady?

This forum exists for the purpose of providing information and no community would be more interested in Auria updates than here, so why haven’t they engaged? Corey and Rim know about this place.

Auria Pro is a scam and unless they are honest about losing the master coder Matt Werner, I’ll continue to see it as the biggest “music dev ownership-purchase scam” in the App Store

By all means, I would love to be proven wrong and have my $54.45 worth it but until then I’ll stick with Zenbeats 3 (and CB3 is better than Auria pro now anyway if Zb3 isn’t for you)

My understanding is that the programmer responsible for Auria Pro is the same programmer as in 2019 when you say it was the gold standard. So, change in ownership seems unrelated to Auria’s lack of attention from the developer. I think it is down to its not providing enough income to completely overhaul an engine built to workaround an ancient OS.

• edited August 2023

Sorry that’s not my understanding. (Dates aside, and who knows, I might be off a year, so call it 2018)

I am quite certain the master coder and programmer and developer responsible for Auria has left the building.

The company was sold and that was the end of updates. (I may be wrong about the exact year, may have been 2018. The date is irrelevant to the point:…. It is a scam and abandonware that shouldn’t have been allowed to remain in the store because it was the most expensive piece of software I was never able to use. I also agree with the other guys who said the App Store should be more vigilant with stuff like that .)

Again , they know this thread is up or at least ABF is here, and the App Store review shows the level of discontent .. let them speak

• @everspring said:
    Sorry that’s not my understanding. (Dates aside, and who knows, I might be off a year, so call it 2018)

I am quite certain the master coder and programmer and developer responsible for Auria has left the building.

The company was sold and that was the end of updates. (I may be wrong about the exact year, may have been 2018. The date is irrelevant to the point:…. It is a scam and abandonware that shouldn’t have been allowed to remain in the store because it was the most expensive piece of software I was never able to use. I also agree with the other guys who said the App Store should be more vigilant with stuff like that .)

Again , they know this thread is up or at least ABF is here, and the App Store review shows the level of discontent .. let them speak

What evidence do you have for any of these claims?

Is the sale of the company on the public record somewhere? Are the owners (old and new) listed?

I was a beta tester for Auria for several years (2014 onwards) and the only developer I interacted with was Rim. Matt Werner worked for WML but I doubt that he was the main coder behind Auria, based on my knowledge anyway.

From what I can glean in publicly available information Rim was the sole founder of WML, and presumably the owner as well:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rim-buntinas-2a12496/

https://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/meet-the-programmers-wavemachine-labs-566430

If you have evidence to contradict any of this then please do post it. But if you are engaging in speculation then you are totally out of line.

• @everspring : what is the source code of your information. RIM has been the programmer so since before 2017/18 when I started using it…and posts on their forum indicate he was its programmer well before that. His LinkedIn page indicates that he is WaveMachine Lab’s founder (though perhaps he was a co-founder) and has been there since 1999.

There were major updates in 2019.

• edited August 2023

Besides reading that on this very forum somewhere, a very trusted source got it directly from the horses mouth. I really can’t say much more to convince you that the person is reliable, but the dates are still irrelevant in my view. Rim can reply or post or say or do something but nothing was done in 5 years man.

When Matt Werner sold it and the app stopped updating, I see a correlation. When I pair that with the info I got about wavemachine labs and the reviews in the App Store and general view of the app present day, I still say it’s abandonware and a scam

But hey, it’s a public forum. Your entitled to your own opinions.

*take dates with a +/-1 differential margin of error grain of salt

• edited August 2023

I see, so your source is "trust me bro".

• BTW latest update for Auria was in June 2022.

• Just to put an end to this ridiculous speculation, Matt Werner is not a coder, he is a video and comms person, and he was not a founder or an owner of WML but simply an employee:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-werner-music/

So all of the stuff posted above by @everspring was pure BS. Time to put this crap to bed.

• Here we go ! Another month, another Auria bashing session.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/51820/auria-abandoned/p1

• There are posts from Matt Werner in the Auria forum where he clearly refers to RIM as the Auria developer. RIM has been posting since Auria was first released in 2012 and may have posted before that on the forum

RIM founded the company in 1999 according to his LinkedIn Page. While it is possible that he is lying, this seems unlikely as available public evidence is consistent with this information.

I'll go with the available evidence over trust me bro.

Now, it is quite possible that the slowdown in development and Matt Werner's seeking a job elsewhere are both linked to the same root cause -- economic viability. It may have become clear that iOS music development didn't have the growth opportunity some had hoped for.

• Tons of albums and singles later, I still use Auria every day and won’t jump on the LPX wagon yet. The PSP mixer feels like a hardware console and sounds like one, FabFilters are still powerful (also the synths).

Definitely not a scam. I left a five star review once, talking about fake reviews is reaching unless you present evidence. I disagree about CB3 being more complete (even after all these years) and Zenbeats is not my cup of tea either.

The app seems to be barely supported as 2023 but that is what happens with one time purchased apps when the financial incentive disappears . Rim, if you read this, I support a subscription-based set of advanced features, I’d subscribe as long as the price is competitive.

Long live Auria.

This discussion has been closed.