Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a testing team for some app updates

Hi All!

Now that the dust is beginning to settle after our Flux Pro launch, we're now looking at programming some new features into our existing lineup of plugins before moving on to finishing the new stuff... However, these features will be less exiting so I'm needing to drum up some interest in testing. Please let me know either here (thread or pm) or by email ([email protected]) if you're up for testing the following updates which are in the process of being built:

(in no particular order)

Tape Pro
* Fix pops/loud surges
* Improved save system from Flux Pro
(A bigger feature filled update is planned for further in the future.)

Schlap
* Extra colour control
* Mix %
* Sidechain listen
* Improved save system from Flux Pro

Smoov
* Mix %
* Sidechain listen
* Improved save system from Flux Pro

Beef
* Individual module on/off
* Eq position option
* Improved save system from Flux Pro

If there are any additional small feature requests please leave them here as well as I am starting the update process. I will update the thread with beta links as and when they become available but it would be great to get people involved with shaping these updates further.

David

Comments

  • edited May 13

    Very exciting. Glad to see the proactive position being taken here, David. Much appreciated. Whomever is involved, please make sure GarageBand is a part of the testing (both iOS and macOS).

    And as I’ve said, unfortunately I can no longer beta test but there are many testers here I believe should be able to provide great feedback (specifically, @Samu). Good luck on the updates. Looking forward to them!

  • Good luck
    All ya apps are great!!!

  • I’d be interested! I don’t have Tape Pro (yet) but I have all the rest and love em. Your compressors are my go-tos.

  • @CaelumAudio have all the above - hit me with whatever you need tested

    (get busy with the new stuff :P)

  • If you’re happy to have testers that don’t already own your apps, then I’m in.

  • edited May 16

    Hi All,

    Sorry, I had hoped to get a beta for Schlap uploaded today but unfortunately I had underestimated the state of the codebase. Its mostly there but there's a lot of visual stuff to tidy up. The new "Colour" control sounds great and it makes the old version sound seriously weak :D

    I had to resave all our presets. I didn't realise that they're saved in our old format which could cause future compatibility issues. I hope that not many people have used the internal preset system anyway so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

    I'm currently building using the dev preview of Juce 7 and I am seeing much improved graphics performance, its actually unreal how much smoother the gain redux meter thing is drawing on my old iPad. Because of this I've managed to increase the draw quality and frame rate which I am really excited about. The first beta may have to be in Juce 6 because of the licence but I'm hoping the full release isn't too far off so I am basing all these updates on Juce 7.

    Anyway, here is a screenshot of it in Logic as a sneak preview until I can get an iOS beta sorted properly. Open to any comments.

    Thanks to everyone who has replied to say they're up for testing here or have messaged me directly.

    @NeuM said:
    Very exciting. Glad to see the proactive position being taken here, David. Much appreciated. Whomever is involved, please make sure GarageBand is a part of the testing (both iOS and macOS).

    And as I’ve said, unfortunately I can no longer beta test but there are many testers here I believe should be able to provide great feedback (specifically, @Samu). Good luck on the updates. Looking forward to them!

    Thank you! I think its a win/win for everyone if people can suggest features at the beginning of the update process as the whole thing can be planned well and people get the features they want!

    @Gdub said:
    Good luck
    All ya apps are great!!!

    Thank you!

    @HotStrange said:
    I’d be interested! I don’t have Tape Pro (yet) but I have all the rest and love em. Your compressors are my go-tos.

    Great, thank you! It would be great to have you on board testing!

    @audiblevideo said:
    @CaelumAudio have all the above - hit me with whatever you need tested

    (get busy with the new stuff :P)

    Great, thanks! Aha, we have about 5 mostly coded effects and 1 synth which I think are all very cool... They need to be made somewhat usable however!

    @el_bo said:
    If you’re happy to have testers that don’t already own your apps, then I’m in.

    Thank you! The more the merrier!

  • @CaelumAudio said:
    Hi All,

    Sorry, I had hoped to get a beta for Schlap uploaded today but unfortunately I had underestimated the state of the codebase. Its mostly there but there's a lot of visual stuff to tidy up. The new "Colour" control sounds great and it makes the old version sound seriously weak :D

    I had to resave all our presets. I didn't realise that they're saved in our old format which could cause future compatibility issues. I hope that not many people have used the internal preset system anyway so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

    I'm currently building using the dev preview of Juce 7 and I am seeing much improved graphics performance, its actually unreal how much smoother the gain redux meter thing is drawing on my old iPad. Because of this I've managed to increase the draw quality and frame rate which I am really excited about. The first beta may have to be in Juce 6 because of the licence but I'm hoping the full release isn't too far off so I am basing all these updates on Juce 7.

    Anyway, here is a screenshot of it in Logic as a sneak preview until I can get an iOS beta sorted properly. Open to any comments.

    Thanks to everyone who has replied to say they're up for testing here or have messaged me directly.

    @NeuM said:
    Very exciting. Glad to see the proactive position being taken here, David. Much appreciated. Whomever is involved, please make sure GarageBand is a part of the testing (both iOS and macOS).

    And as I’ve said, unfortunately I can no longer beta test but there are many testers here I believe should be able to provide great feedback (specifically, @Samu). Good luck on the updates. Looking forward to them!

    Thank you! I think its a win/win for everyone if people can suggest features at the beginning of the update process as the whole thing can be planned well and people get the features they want!

    @Gdub said:
    Good luck
    All ya apps are great!!!

    Thank you!

    @HotStrange said:
    I’d be interested! I don’t have Tape Pro (yet) but I have all the rest and love em. Your compressors are my go-tos.

    Great, thank you! It would be great to have you on board testing!

    @audiblevideo said:
    @CaelumAudio have all the above - hit me with whatever you need tested

    (get busy with the new stuff :P)

    Great, thanks! Aha, we have about 5 mostly coded effects and 1 synth which I think are all very cool... They need to be made somewhat usable however!

    @el_bo said:
    If you’re happy to have testers that don’t already own your apps, then I’m in.

    Thank you! The more the merrier!

    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it!

  • @CaelumAudio said:
    Thank you! The more the merrier!

    Should I 'pm' you?

Sign In or Register to comment.