Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• @eross said:
    couple questions. is there a way to change the grid size in the step piano roll page.

Do you mean zoom in/out, or something else? Zoom in/out is with two finger pinch gestures.

• @Grandbear said:

@gusgranite said:
    Is there a quick way to bypass a module?

Enable the mute button, then tap the module header

That doesn’t seem to work on Midi modules?

• @Skyblazer Indeed there used to be a direct setting of "Beats in pattern" but it has been removed in order to allow for seamless auto-grow and different bar lengths on different tracks.

I've requested that as well long ago and there's no reason not to make the beats, bars and pattern size adjustment more flexible. It's just that we're in the minority (well, as irrelevant as 7/4 is :D) so too few people wanted that so far.

• edited May 2022

@gusgranite said:

@Grandbear said:

@gusgranite said:

It should, but there were modules that didn’t respect mute state.
    Drop the name of the module here so we can report it.
    In the meantime you can use Midi mixer (mute) modul as a workaround. Send midi through them and use mute button on the mixer. :)

• One important little detail to watch out for when importing rack presets @aaa is that Drambo will tell you about the preset type in the title of the popup window. Make sure you remember which it is!
    If it's an Instrument Rack preset, it will be saved in the Instrument Rack folder and you naturally won't find it later under the Processor Rack presets etc.

• @eross said:
    couple questions. is there a way to change the grid size in the step piano roll page.

Zoom in and the grid will get finer. That was my request after re-designing the piano roll in Audio Evolution Mobile.

is there a way to shit notes, so they hit a little early or a little late in comparison to the grid?

I wish I could! So far they only stink ;)
    Turn quantisation off then move them. The piano roll has its own "burger menu" which unfolds when tapping on it.

• edited May 2022

@0tolerance4silence said:

@gusgranite said:

@Grandbear said:

@gusgranite said:

In the meantime you can use Midi mixer (mute) modul as a workaround. Send midi through them and use mute button on the mixer. :)

Latch, Chance, Delay and Humanizer so far. They work if you wrap them in a MIDI Rack. Haven’t played with the mixer, thanks for the tip.

• @rs2000 Thanks for the info.

• @gusgranite said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@gusgranite said:

@Grandbear said:

@gusgranite said:

Latch, Chance, Delay and Humanizer so far. They work if you wrap them in a MIDI Rack. Haven’t played with the mixer, thanks for the tip.

Thanks, will pass it on. :)
    Midi side of things soon should come to foreground... with piano roll certain things became unavoidable, like CC editing / recording, pitch bend and friends, even mpe down the line :)

• @sloJordan said:

@giku_beepstreet has anyone already reported that the menus are all condensed on my ipad mini 5th gen?

Have you by any change increased the font size under ‘Display & Brightness’ in the Settings.app?

• Any way to import a midi file into the new piano roll? I can use Atom2 but would rather stick with more pure Drambo 2.0. Thanks

• @robertpb said:
    Any way to import a midi file into the new piano roll? I can use Atom2 but would rather stick with more pure Drambo 2.0. Thanks

Not yet. Clips in D currently limited to 16bars at full resolution.

• @Samu said:

@sloJordan said:

@giku_beepstreet has anyone already reported that the menus are all condensed on my ipad mini 5th gen?

Have you by any change increased the font size under ‘Display & Brightness’ in the Settings.app?

I had the same thing going on and this fixed it for me

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rs2000 said:
    @Skyblazer Indeed there used to be a direct setting of "Beats in pattern" but it has been removed in order to allow for seamless auto-grow and different bar lengths on different tracks.

I've requested that as well long ago and there's no reason not to make the beats, bars and pattern size adjustment more flexible. It's just that we're in the minority (well, as irrelevant as 7/4 is :D) so too few people wanted that so far.

write me down as one of those people. I think it was an important feature

• Oh my gosh! I have never seen a topic growing that fast! Already about 10 pages.

• edited May 2022

@Samu said:

@Paa89 said:
    hi @giku_beepstreet thanks for the update.really appreciated.
    when you have time, please also consider drag and drop audio from dRambo into other music APPs and not only files app.

thanks once again.

You can already do that, long-tap on a the waveform in flexi or shot-sampler to ‘lift it up’ and drag to for eaxple Koala…

Superb thanks @Samu I only tested with Neon and it was not working. Works with koala and DigiStix.
    Is there a way to automate Flexisamplers speed in Cubasis? I see the RW function but no luck.

• I had one bug last night, I will see if I can reproduce. I moved an F3 in the piano roll while my sequence was playing and it recorded in an F3 that couldn’t delete as there was no note to delete but it kept sounding on playback.

• edited May 2022

Question here: I find it quite difficult to mix multiple MIDI sources in a track.

For instance: I'd like to have 2 patterns running at the same time on the same instrument.

• Instrument is on track 1, patterns in these tracks play chords
    • I'd like to create a pattern on track 2 that would be send to track 1 (it would play melody on this instrument).

I'm aware of the MIDI mixer module and MIDI output module but how can I say in my instrument on track 1 "Here, take midi output from track 2"?

What I know how to do is:

• Add various MIDI generators to a track and MIDI mix them
    • In the tracks view, add a MIDI generator and then send it to various tracks.

Thank you!

• edited May 2022

@giku_beepstreet said:

@dendy said:
    @giku_beepstreet

it's amazing how well you designed UI ... even through delatively lot of features everything is SUPER intuitive and straightforward, figured instantly everything what os new in second, not needed to watch manual for second...UX masterpiece !

Thank you! It's beta team and me.

After more than year spend exclusively just with Elektron boxes you definitely dragged me back to iPad :-)

• @Paa89 said:

@Samu said:

@Paa89 said:
    hi @giku_beepstreet thanks for the update.really appreciated.
    when you have time, please also consider drag and drop audio from dRambo into other music APPs and not only files app.

thanks once again.

You can already do that, long-tap on a the waveform in flexi or shot-sampler to ‘lift it up’ and drag to for eaxple Koala…

Superb thanks @Samu I only tested with Neon and it was not working. Works with koala and DigiStix.
    Is there a way to automate Flexisamplers speed in Cubasis? I see the RW function but no luck.

Yes, via MIDI learn. Draw a MIDI CC automation curve in Cubasis and MIDI-map the CC going into Drambo to Flexi's speed knob.

• @jsmonzani Drambo Rule #1: Routing is always in forward/downward direction. You cannot send a signal or MIDI backwards from T2 to T1, except by using the Feedback Receive and Feedback Send modules for signals.

Solution in your case: Put your instrument on track 2 instead.

• This update is absolutely amazing !!!!
    This is such a beautiful gift to the IOS music world
    We need to scream OUT LOUD the Genius of that App !!!
    It gets deeper yet simplier of access.
    And musicaly, the possibilities seem endless
    with such a brilliant, concise, rich and beautiful tool.
    This is a work of art, Appwise.
    Thank you so much @giku_beepstreet

• @Paa89 said:

It might be worth to explore the automation recording / editing in Drambo which makes Cubasis automation editor look like a bad, bad joke :sunglasses: (You can record the automation to an empty clip, double tap-speed and 'Add automation track').

There's been talks of assigning selected parameters to specific AUParameters (there's a limit (256 if I recall correctly) on how many AUParamaters can be shown and considering the modular nature it would not work especially for BIG projects.

But for now you'll have to do it using Midi CC from Cubasis and route that CC to the speed knob or use Drambo's automation.

Head over to the beepstreet forum and share your future requests :sunglasses:
    http://forum.beepstreet.com

Cheers!

• I can see this replacing a few apps for me once the MIDI import/export abilities are expanded.

I cannot see an option to add a mixture of note lengths in the piano roll, e.g. switch in and out of triplets. Is this possible? It seems I can record Atom 2 into an AU Drambo and drag the clip into the host Drambo (like in Ben’s latest video), but cannot see a way of manually drawing in a combination of note lengths.

• @gusgranite said:

@Grandbear said:

@gusgranite said:

Tap on a track and set its 'Mute Style' to Midi.

• edited May 2022

Anyone know the proper way to automate FX on of states, in Ableton on the automation lanes there's an on of parameter to select but I don see a way to do it in drambo? @rs2000

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@rs2000 said:
    @Skyblazer Indeed there used to be a direct setting of "Beats in pattern" but it has been removed in order to allow for seamless auto-grow and different bar lengths on different tracks.

write me down as one of those people. I think it was an important feature

+1

• @rs2000 said:

I’d definitely be pro adding back flexible beats per pattern. I haven’t done any odd signatures lately but I’m definitely planning to!

• edited May 2022

All we need is +1 and -1 beat right?

@rs2000 I was listening to some of my older tracks yesterday and 2 of the groovier ones were indeed in 7/4!
    I wonder if it creates issues with autogrow perhaps the option should be there for when autogrow is off @giku_beepstreet ?