Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• Just noticed that in the v2 update, the p'locked controls now animate when automated - excellent - really helps to confirm your settings.

• edited May 2022

@giku_beepstreet
    Update: I deinstalled the blackhole audio driver and restarted the core audio driver and voila - Drambo is now working. :) Here are the instructions: https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole/wiki/Uninstallation

• edited May 2022

Wow, this update is pretty epic and generous!

• @Michael_R_Grant That’s excellent, thanks!

• Thanks for the useful info @sambo!

• it’s crazy what you can do with automation

• I’d love to hear more details about how the sweet new FDN module works. I’ve never seen an FDN effect with a pitch parameter. Is it the pitch of a filter in the delay paths, or is it something else? What does the tension parameter control? @rs2000 @giku_beepstreet

• @sambo said:
    Just noticed that in the v2 update, the p'locked controls now animate when automated - excellent - really helps to confirm your settings.

There’s so much in this update that we’re all forgetting the things we first saw months ago in the betas!

• edited May 2022

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Guys, working on v.2.0.1. If you've found a bug, something annoys you, have a suggestion, drop an email to info at beepstreet.com please. (serious offers only :) )

I think I've found one!..
    Just tried to share an Instrument Rack (made with the previous version) with my iPhone and Drambo crashed.
    Tried the same with the iPad and it crashed as well.

Update: sharing them from the Files menu works perfect, it just happens when using the Share function inside de Instrument Rack preset menu.

• Flimsy hype contribution but quick ‘Mario & Luigi chasing power-up ice cream van’ neudle from today. Everyone buy Drambo. It rules 🗣🧠

• @giku_beepstreet has anyone already reported that the menus are all condensed on my ipad mini 5th gen?

• @sambo said:
    @giku_beepstreet
    Update: I deinstalled the blackhole audio driver and restarted the core audio driver and voila - Drambo is now working. :) Here are the instructions: https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole/wiki/Uninstallation

Hmm, did you get Drambo working with Blackhole or just using Core?

• Is there any way to set "Beats in pattern" to a specific number? I know there used to be at some point, but now all I'm seeing is :2 and x2. I'm trying to write a section in 7/4.

When I use the "jump" component, the pattern is still 16 steps long, so it repeats the first two notes in the 7 step sequence before moving to the next pattern.

• Thanks, done

• @auxmux said: did you get Drambo working with Blackhole or just using Core?

just core now - head saturated with nodejs matters so will be a while before I go back into the Drambo / Modular Universe.
    As I recall I used Blackhole to overcome some limits with the ES8 (which it didn't) and so got a ES6 instead to go along with the ES8. If you can maybe try to avoid Blackhole as it messes the order of the virtual audio channels which is a pain if you're mixing audio and cv/gate signals within iOS. I was also virtually using it in combination with Drambo & miRack. A really potent combination held back by the difficulty of assigning multi channel audio on iOS. Maybe Drambo V2 will make this easier. If anyone can feedback on working with miRack and Drambo v2 I'd love to hear.

• i hope there are plans to update the documentation. I recognize that its a very powerful program but I am so lost. I downloaded some presets from patchstorage to try to workaround some of the more complicated parts but I can’t even figure out how to access the presets after installing them. I see them in Drambo’s internal file browser but nothing happens when I click them and idk where to drag them…

• @aaa - yes, there is a learning curve but there are lots of good Youtube videos around to help get started - you just need to invest some time learning it! It's a hell of a lot easier to work with now than it was at the start.

Also remember that with all of the Audio Unit instruments and effects that you can load into it, you can go a very long way without needing to get into the modular side of it.

• Should I bother to study the earlier Drambo videos at this point ?

• @Telstar5 said:
    Should I bother to study the earlier Drambo videos at this point ?

Just watch Ben's videos.

• @aaa open racks from patchstorage - this is always a bit confusing. When Drambo opens the rack it will ask where you want to save it. There are instrument racks, Professor racks, and midi racks. It should default to saving in the ‘racks’ folder in the presets browser.

You then need to add the downloaded rack to your track. Use the module adder, then find the appropriate rack type (instrument, processor, midi) under Generator, Processor, or Midi. The list icon next to the module rack type opens the preset browser and you should be able to find your downloaded rack to place it in the track.

It’s kind of like downloading a VST - you have to tell your daw on what to track to open it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LQmoR_8QaLM?feature=share

• edited May 2022

@Telstar5 said:
    Should I bother to study the earlier Drambo videos at this point ?

Watch old videos to brush up on modular operations. The 2.0 update hasn’t brought any changes to the modular process.* New videos (by and large) won’t be going into much depth there, as there’s already lots of relevant Drambo modular content available.

Watch new videos to learn sequencer/groove box operations though. The old videos won’t help a bit here.

*there are a few new modules, but the workflow remains the same as 1.0

• couple questions. is there a way to change the grid size in the step piano roll page.
    is there a way to shit notes, so they hit a little early or a little late in comparison to the grid?

• @eross in the piano roll hit the hamburger menu. Turn off quantization there and you’re no longer tied to the grid.

• @eross said:
    is there a way to shit notes, so they hit a little early or a little late in comparison to the grid?

Yes: "Offset" in the step editor (the button next to the piano roll)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Finally! It took so long. Downloading!

Oh yes oh yes! 👏

• Midi strummer ?? No freaking way… wow!!!!!!

• Is there a quick way to bypass a module?

• edited May 2022

@gusgranite said:
    Is there a quick way to bypass a module?

Enable the mute button, then tap the module header

• @Grandbear said:

@gusgranite said:
    Is there a quick way to bypass a module?

Enable the mute button, then tap the module header

Simples. Thank you.

• @sloJordan That looks a lot like you've chosen a very large text size
    under iOS Settings => Larger Text => Larger Accessibility Sizes.