Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• @Crash_ride said:
    Hey! Haha first post by long time lurker 😎

I’ve been trying to find an answer to the most basic question for days now.

The question: whEre do I find the find the file from recorded master channel of a jam in Drambo?? I’ve upgraded my iCloud and everything. Can’t find it anywhere! Haha heeelp

Love the forum 👻

hi!! welcome on board in name of all; recordings are placed in folder Samples/Recordings/NameOfYourProject/here

• @szczyp said:

@Crash_ride said:
    Hey! Haha first post by long time lurker 😎

I’ve been trying to find an answer to the most basic question for days now.

The question: whEre do I find the find the file from recorded master channel of a jam in Drambo?? I’ve upgraded my iCloud and everything. Can’t find it anywhere! Haha heeelp

Love the forum 👻

hi!! welcome on board in name of all; recordings are placed in folder Samples/Recordings/NameOfYourProject/here

If you're using iCloud Drive, the file should be there, as described. If you're using local storage, you will not see it in the Files app. You'll need to use the WebDAV server in Drambo. I can advise if you need help with this.

• On a related note, when can we expect a fix for the macOS desktop version of Zeeon to be fixed for the "UI drift" issue? I try to use Zeeon as an AU in GarageBand and it cannot be done due to no knobs or screens aligning properly. Thanks for your attention to this matter, @giku_beepstreet !

• @NeuM - you might get more attention for this issue if you post over on the BeepStreet forum.

• @szczyp thanks but the sampels folder in ICloud Drive through Files is empty tho.. is it a setting inside of drambo where the recording ends up? But maybe I’ll go with the WebDAV app @uncledave is it an easy set up?

• @wim said:
    @NeuM - you might get more attention for this issue if you post over on the BeepStreet forum.

Doesn't look like even basic issues are addressed over on their forums, so... posting something here might be equally effective (or ignored)?

• @NeuM said:

@wim said:
    @NeuM - you might get more attention for this issue if you post over on the BeepStreet forum.

Doesn't look like even basic issues are addressed over on their forums, so... posting something here might be equally effective (or ignored)?

🤡

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

@NeuM said:

@wim said:

Not gonna argue with you. But that's not my experience with that forum. Do what you like. 👍🏼

• @Crash_ride said:
    @szczyp thanks but the sampels folder in ICloud Drive through Files is empty tho.. is it a setting inside of drambo where the recording ends up? But maybe I’ll go with the WebDAV app @uncledave is it an easy set up?

Yes. Enable Background Audio in the app settings, then start the server (in settings). The server runs as long as the setting window is open. You can connect to it from a computer, using the http string shown. Or you can access it on the iPad using apps like FE File Explorer or Documents by Readdle. That gives you direct access to the internal files. (We enable Background Audio so we can access the server from the iPad.)

You can change the default file storage to iCloud in the iOS Settings app, if you would prefer it. That will put everything you save into iCloud.

• @uncledave said:
    You can change the default file storage to iCloud in the iOS Settings app, if you would prefer it. That will put everything you save into iCloud.

Where is this setting? I'm interested in it for different reasons, but haven't been able to find it

• I had a bit of an explore of Drambo on the train to Naples the other day and was looking for a way to automate the speed setting for clips. Then I realised every track or clip can have it’s own speed. :D

Massive amounts of fun when you sequence the clip selection. Sometimes I find it’s better to start with something simple and bend it all kinds of ways rather than just building tracks in a more traditional way.

• @Grandbear said:

@uncledave said:

Where is this setting? I'm interested in it for different reasons, but haven't been able to find it

Sorry, my mistake. You need to enable Drambo in iCloud Drive. Then, I think, it will default to iCloud when saving. At least it will provide the option.

• @uncledave said:

@Grandbear said:

@uncledave said:

Sorry, my mistake. You need to enable Drambo in iCloud Drive. Then, I think, it will default to iCloud when saving. At least it will provide the option.

Ah got it. Yes, I do have that but it's not the default. Thanks for taking a look!

• @uncledave Thanks! This is great News i misunderstood how the WebDAV thing worked I thought you had to be online while creating the content but now I get it! That’s perfect then if you can just access the files stored inside Drambo from a computer! This seems like the way to go.

• @Crash_ride said:
    @uncledave Thanks! This is great News i misunderstood how the WebDAV thing worked I thought you had to be online while creating the content but now I get it! That’s perfect then if you can just access the files stored inside Drambo from a computer! This seems like the way to go.

You can also use the Documents app on iOS if you don’t want to use a computer

• @ronnieb said:

@Crash_ride said:
    @uncledave Thanks! This is great News i misunderstood how the WebDAV thing worked I thought you had to be online while creating the content but now I get it! That’s perfect then if you can just access the files stored inside Drambo from a computer! This seems like the way to go.

You can also use the Documents app on iOS if you don’t want to use a computer

I use this and prefer.

• Is there a way to address more than 10 outputs? I've got two interfaces hooked together over ADAT for 18 ins and outs and Drambo can only send up to output 10.

• wimwim
    edited October 2022

@Dreadful2622 said:
    Is there a way to address more than 10 outputs? I've got two interfaces hooked together over ADAT for 18 ins and outs and Drambo can only send up to output 10.

Can any other apps such as AUM see all 18 outputs?

iOS only allows one audio interface at a time. The last one plugged in will be the one recognized. But it sounds like maybe you have setup where the two devices are presented as one by connecting them over ADAT? My question is to see if this is something specific to Drambo, or maybe an iOS connectivity issue.

• edited October 2022

@wim said:

@Dreadful2622 said:
    Is there a way to address more than 10 outputs? I've got two interfaces hooked together over ADAT for 18 ins and outs and Drambo can only send up to output 10.

Can any other apps such as AUM see all 18 outputs?

iOS only allows one audio interface at a time. The last one plugged in will be the one recognized. But it sounds like maybe you have setup where the two devices are presented as one by connecting them over ADAT? My question is to see if this is something specific to Drambo, or maybe an iOS connectivity issue.

ADAT is fine over iOS. I can see 18 inputs using Focusrite 18i20 in AUM (8 of which are adat), but I haven't tested with Drambo. But to wim's point, are you only connecting device over USB to the iPad?

• Yeah I can see all inputs and outputs in AUM and loopy pro, it’s just Drambo that’s missing outputs. It even sees all 18 inputs

• Might be a bug then, adding @giku_beepstreet but worth sending a note directly as well.

• @auxmux said:
    Might be a bug then, adding @giku_beepstreet but worth sending a note directly as well.

the same with rme xtc
    aum see 24ins/24outs
    drambo 24ins and only 4 outs

loopy see all in/outs , zenbeats 24 ins and also only 4 outs.

• Sounds great

• Still a Drambo noob here…….

Can someone explain the difference with knobs between incremental and the incremental - jog selections?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Still a Drambo noob here…….

Can someone explain the difference with knobs between incremental and the incremental - jog selections?

I guess you mean in MIDI Learn. The incremental modes are for controllers with incremental encoders. For example, ones that send 65 for +1, 66 for +2, 63 for -1, etc. (The value transmitted depends on how fast you turn the encoder.) This avoids the need to align the hardware knobs with the actual parameter values. I believe the "jog" mode is just binary up/down, >64 for up, <64 for down. You might use controller buttons for that. These are actually pretty neat features, not seen in many other MIDI apps.

• @uncledave said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

I guess you mean in MIDI Learn. The incremental modes are for controllers with incremental encoders. For example, ones that send 65 for +1, 66 for +2, 63 for -1, etc. (The value transmitted depends on how fast you turn the encoder.) This avoids the need to align the hardware knobs with the actual parameter values. I believe the "jog" mode is just binary up/down, >64 for up, <64 for down. You might use controller buttons for that. These are actually pretty neat features, not seen in many other MIDI apps.

I understand the incremental encoder thing is for controllers.

Is Jog buffering the input if its binary? Like would it mitigate acceleration curves of incremental encoders (unlike incremental +65/-63…which can induce value jumps)

• edited October 2022

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@uncledave said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

I understand the incremental encoder thing is for controllers.

Is Jog buffering the input if its binary? Like would it mitigate acceleration curves of incremental encoders (unlike incremental +65/-63…which can induce value jumps)

You'd have to test jog to know, but I suspect it's much simpler: input >64, increase parameter by 1 step; <64, decrease parameter. It's still incremental, because it changes the current value of the parameter. I guess you could use it with an incremental encoder, but each received CC would only change the parameter by 1 step; buffering the input and sweeping the parameter through several values is unlikely.

By the way, there's a forum devoted to Drambo, where you can find a lot of very detailed discussion, going back to the original Drambo Day (April 1, 2020).

• It's too easy to get carried away with Drambo...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc78s76fd9s2z37/noodle.mp4?dl=0
    (Yes, I am and always will be a chip-tune junkie).

• Samu : I love the 'good' Chip tune makers. Yours sounds nice!You do lps and stuff? aka dl/s