Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Holy crap, a new op-1!

13»

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    TE's price strategy is very deliberate, they are a boutique company that sells luxury aspirational products. so no, bitching about prices is not some petty quirk of some customers, it's a reaction TE also wants.

I'm going to buy one out of spite.

Lol that’ll show ‘em! 👊

• edited May 2022

I'm not understanding what makes this necessarily overpriced. Is it the size of the device? I wouldn't get the mixer at the price it is as it requires other gear/cables/power sources to be usable beyond being a shittier Pocket Operator, but I could see picking this up for 2K if you want something tactile, portable, standalone, and with tons of features it can do.

It seems they improved upon the first iteration and will likely support it with further firmware updates for at least a few years.

• The upside of the high price of the new units is that it will hopefully mean that first generation OP-1’s will maintain their price in the secondhand market.

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    I'm not understanding what makes this necessarily overpriced. Is it the size of the device? I wouldn't get the mixer at the price it is as it requires other gear/cables/power sources to be usable beyond being a shittier Pocket Operator, but I could see picking this up for 2K if you want something tactile, portable, standalone, and with tons of features it can do.

It seems they improved upon the first iteration and will likely support it with further firmware updates for at least a few years.

I'm not the right person to answer this question really -- I'm not in the target market and I think that it would be overpriced only if they can't sell them at that price -- but I'll say why I think people are viewing it as overpriced.

Pricing it at the same price in euros, dollars, and pounds makes it seem like they targeted a psychological price point and not a cost to value price target.

They channel Apple in their marketing and packaging. That's never going to help you in appearing to be price aware.

Other than the body and the keys and knobs, the thing is COTS parts. It's a mass produced item out of moderate grade components. I have a Raspberry Pi with an audio shield that out does this thing on IO and processing and cost me about $100 US.

I'm not trying to say that it isn't worth the cost to people who want one. Most of the value of the thing to anyone who does want one is in the software and the point that it works for them. On the other hand, I can understand why others consider it to be "overpriced."

• What made them look even cheaper (and what he as a op-1 fan forgot to mention) after they said ‘no one should be paying this much... hang in there’ discouraging second hand buyers, keeping them waiting for the new stock... the new batch came with the new price tag

• Well fwiw, Drambo 2.0 was just released. Drambo - what musical thing can't it do? 🤷 Can't wait to deep-dive into it later today/Saturday!

• Well, tho I’m not a hardware user, I thought the OP1 was supposedly something really unique which people paid a grand+ for. So, I thought a total revamp justified the price hike. But after watching this vid I get it. And then I thought,,, hey, I’ve been jonsing for the upcoming Osmose… a revolutionary MPE device with the famous Eganmatrix sound engine, and that’s… $1799!

So, yeah… I get it now.

• It's hilarious that Osmose is actually cheaper than op1. Not only does it so much more, it's actually an instrument. And properly sized one.

• While the synth engines in the OP-1 aren’t going to compare with the Osmose, the OP-1 does WAY more things than the Osmose overall. Synth, sampler, recorder, effects unit, drum machine, bagel maker, etc.

• @Tarekith said:
    While the synth engines in the OP-1 aren’t going to compare with the Osmose, the OP-1 does WAY more things than the Osmose overall. Synth, sampler, recorder, effects unit, drum machine, bagel maker, etc.

And meme fodder.

• edited May 2022

The word in Yiddish is “Menschlichkeit”… humanity, humaneness,