Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Holy crap, a new op-1!

Comments

• FM broadcasting sounds like the sort of thing that won't be legal to sell except in desert-bound countries.

• You can fm broadcast to the new mixer it sounds like.

• TE officially hates poor people

• No they don't they have a whole range of cheaper but also fun devices in the Pocket Operator series, or step up a bit and go with the OP-Z.

• 1600 for a new phone or 2400 for a new pad is okay but 2000 for what looks like an amazing piece of hardware is too much.

How many instances of drambo do I need to replicate this hardware’s functionality?

• Half a Drambo after the update. It'll blow your mind and solve all your GAS!

• @Sawiton said:
    1600 for a new phone or 2400 for a new pad is okay but 2000 for what looks like an amazing piece of hardware is too much.

How many instances of drambo do I need to replicate this hardware’s functionality?

One.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    TE officially hates poor people

The overpriced Ikea of the synth world.

• @dougdi said:
    A Mac Studio would be a better investment.

Yeah, but you know, creativity sparks out from limitations…

• !!!!!!!! (OP1 owner since 2017)

• The worst thing about the price is that the complainers derail every single forum thread, repeating the same old thing.

How about we talk about the new features?

My favorite so far, apart from stereo sampling, is that it's a MIDI and USB audio host. That means you can hookup an audio interface or mixer and send stuff in and out.

The instruction manual is as thin as ever. I wonder if it will be able to address all the channels in, say, a K-Mix?

• Doesn't give me an itch to scratch. Not yet anyway. $2k is a lot.

OP1 remains my favorite sketchpad. But for $2k it needs to be that and the whole nine yards of creation.

• Not gonna lie I’m very tempted to sell mine and upgrade. The OP-1, for all the hate it gets, is easily my favorite piece of musical gear I’ve owned. Insanely inspiring and fun. Imo, this improves on almost everything.

• edited May 2022

One problem with the original OP-1 is that there were audible clicks and pops when using some of the synths. It sounded like an audio interface running at a low buffer nearing an audio dropout.

If this one has a CPU that's 100 faster, that's a good thing, though the price though is too much for me. I'll stick with the Erik Sigth apps and my iPad.

• One strange thing I noticed and want confirmed is the sampling time. It mentions that it now allows 20 sec of sampling time but in the marketing graphic it shows 6 seconds - hopefully the 20 seconds isn’t just the drum sampler.

• I’m so old I remember when they were $800 and everyone thought that was an insane price.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I’m so old I remember when they were $800 and everyone thought that was an insane price.

Same.

• Tell us another story, Grandpa!

:D

• I’ll never buy something like this as I don’t use hardware other than a keyboard, but the update sounds impressive. It’s a free market, after all. “Overpriced” is subjective. No sense having sour grapes if you simply can’t afford it. This discussion would be much more interesting if it focused on the wonders of technology. Something that is easy to take for granted.

• The technology isn't that impressive is the thing. It's 90% what was released like 10 years ago in a shinier more expensive package. But yeah if someone wants to buy it and many will, go for it.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I’ll never buy something like this as I don’t use hardware other than a keyboard, but the update sounds impressive. It’s a free market, after all. “Overpriced” is subjective. No sense having sour grapes if you simply can’t afford it. This discussion would be much more interesting if it focused on the wonders of technology. Something that is easy to take for granted.

This firm has more than earned its critics.

• @mistercharlie said:
    The worst thing about the price is that the complainers derail every single forum thread, repeating the same old thing.

Yeah it gets old fast. Then again, most people here complain about spending only $30 on an app so I'm not surprised either.

• Do we think TE might be about to release an OP-Z Field? Maybe a bit bigger, white aluminum, stereo, a threshold sampler? I would be all over that in a second.

• TE's price strategy is very deliberate, they are a boutique company that sells luxury aspirational products. so no, bitching about prices is not some petty quirk of some customers, it's a reaction TE also wants.

• edited May 2022

@Tarekith said:

@mistercharlie said:
    The worst thing about the price is that the complainers derail every single forum thread, repeating the same old thing.

Yeah it gets old fast. Then again, most people here complain about spending only $30 on an app so I'm not surprised either.

I dont care about price. It could be 4500$. If they remove the usb ground hum while charging i'll be upset tho. its like the op-1's signature sound :/

• Looks like a massive upgrade to me, that display is WAY more useful now:

• @mistercharlie said:
    Do we think TE might be about to release an OP-Z Field? Maybe a bit bigger, white aluminum, stereo, a threshold sampler? I would be all over that in a second.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't do it at this point.

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    TE's price strategy is very deliberate, they are a boutique company that sells luxury aspirational products. so no, bitching about prices is not some petty quirk of some customers, it's a reaction TE also wants.

I'm going to buy one out of spite.

• edited May 2022

FML I am smitten, won’t be able to afford one for some years but it’s saving time. And ignoring every other nice piece of gear between now and then. I’ve owned the OG op1 twice now and was gonna get a third one someday, but obv not now

Better Reverb is worth it for the portability, the tape tracks are such an instant ambient machine with the resampling and pitching down thang, having a decent reeverb in the box is going to be so dope.

I’ll stick
    With my blackbox for now, I won’t
    Sell it to get the op1 cuz Its only like %25 of the skrilla I’d need, and its already my only device besides my mini 5. It sounds too damn good and makes everything I put in from my iPad sound like magic butter.

OP-1F with Blackbox and ipad is such a mind blowing level of yummy resampling and clip
    Launching I just might wet my bed tonight