Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

James Webb Aligned!

James Webb’s mirrors focused with all instruments. A big step forward.

Comments

  • That is totally amazing. Imagine if we were as good at seeing human suffering, environmental degradation, corruption. Imagine a James Webb equality telescope.

  • @Ailerom said:
    That is totally amazing. Imagine if we were as good at seeing human suffering, environmental degradation, corruption. Imagine a James Webb equality telescope.

    Dude
    1. Get out of my head
    2. It’s so strange that we as humans can construct such machinery that lets us peer into the heart and the depths of the universe’s past, while the true nature of our own hearts goes unexamined
    3. This truly is the most absurd timeline - the scale of the technological wonder and knowledge, and the horror of our abuses to this planet and each other

  • edited May 11

    @audiblevideo said:
    Dude
    1. Get out of my head
    2. It’s so strange that we as humans can construct such machinery that lets us peer into the heart and the depths of the universe’s past, while the true nature of our own hearts goes unexamined
    3. This truly is the most absurd timeline - the scale of the technological wonder and knowledge, and the horror of our abuses to this planet and each other

    The telescope is cool and the information very interesting and possibly life saving for the planet. But there are so many things we spend money on while ignoring all the help this world needs. Just one small example. Take every cent that would be spent on fireworks shows and give it to the homeless. For fucks sake, shiny lights to make people go ooooh over, or money to help our brothers and sisters and everyone in between is not really a question is it? There is no much we have no business getting involved in before we right our own wrongs.

    Anyway, enough of that, back to the telescope.

  • $197,000,000 for Warhol’s Marilyn silkscreen. This is how it always was and always shall be. It’s just a question of scale. Meanwhile the astronomical game is afoot.

  • That is a cool sequence of images. I've read that they will be able to rotate the scope and take a second image and then do some processing to remove the diffraction patterns too once the scope is fully online. As a person that has a bit of a background and interest in astronomy, this is some very cool stuff. The engineering and execution to get to this point is incredibly impressive.

  • @NeonSilicon the engineering is boggling - I know one of the engineers who designed part of the cooling system.

  • Best thing to happen to humanity for years!

  • We, as humans are standing somewhere on the scale of infinity, or actually, nowhere. As we look to the large scale, or to the small scale, there seems to be infinity. We are just a 1 dimensional point in the scale. Despite the technical marvels in science, we never seem to see the end or beginning. With every step we make in discovery, the amount of energy and cost grows exponential, and we are just at about 0.7 on the Kardashev scale.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    $197,000,000 for Warhol’s Marilyn silkscreen. This is how it always was and always shall be.

    I truly hope not.

  • @audiblevideo said:
    @NeonSilicon the engineering is boggling - I know one of the engineers who designed part of the cooling system.

    Very cool! The temperature tolerances the sensors and systems have to be kept at to make the whole thing possible are just nuts. Designing the systems that can achieve that level and then deploying them remotely, in space, with the communication lags --- that's simply amazing.

  • edited May 11

    I think the James webb cost 10 billion dollars, that's mental, until you see that the US are spending 782 billion dollars on the defense budget this year. And that's just them! Imagine if we directed that money towards scientific progress and bettering humanity at home and in the stars.

    Last month in the UK 2 million adults went a day without eating, yet still we will spend around 43 billion pounds on defense. Its crazy... if we do find aliens with the JWST I hope they give us a wide berth

  • @supadom said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    $197,000,000 for Warhol’s Marilyn silkscreen. This is how it always was and always shall be.

    I truly hope not.

    @supadom said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    $197,000,000 for Warhol’s Marilyn silkscreen. This is how it always was and always shall be.

    I truly hope not.

    The constant is human nature. Do you see how that might change? The miracle is that positive advancements happen in spite of this critical deficit in our nature. Thus there was 10 billion when most people, IMO, would not support such a “frivolous” expenditure.

  • @LinearLineman said:

    @supadom said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    $197,000,000 for Warhol’s Marilyn silkscreen. This is how it always was and always shall be.

    I truly hope not.

    @supadom said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    $197,000,000 for Warhol’s Marilyn silkscreen. This is how it always was and always shall be.

    I truly hope not.

    The constant is human nature. Do you see how that might change? The miracle is that positive advancements happen in spite of this critical deficit in our nature. Thus there was 10 billion when most people, IMO, would not support such a “frivolous” expenditure.

    I agree with you because I know how humanity has been since the dawn of time but I refuse to accept it because evolution is real and working. It’s just it is taking a very long time.

  • A lot of great points in this thread. I’ve been following the JWTS for a long while now and I’m excited to see what it finds.

    That said, yes humanity is dwindling and it’s heartbreaking to see.

  • >

    1. It’s so strange that we as humans can construct such machinery that lets us peer into the heart and the depths of the universe’s past, while the true nature of our own hearts goes unexamined

    It’s the same thing though.

  • The endless Russian doll game. The human mind creates new tools for better observation of the infinitely small or infinitely large. If we don't destroy ourselves first, one day we will sure find a way to observe quarks and find out something even smaller. And then, something even smaller.
    The theory of everything is the impossible dream, the unreachable star.
    Human misery is our everyday reality.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    $197,000,000 for Warhol’s Marilyn silkscreen. This is how it always was and always shall be. It’s just a question of scale. Meanwhile the astronomical game is afoot.

    I would pay that much for the Elvis silkscreen that Bob Dylan shot, but not for that particular Marilyn.

  • @JeffChasteen said:

    said:

    I would pay that much for the Elvis silkscreen that Bob Dylan shot, but not for that particular Marilyn.

    Beauty (and art) is in the eye of the beholder.

  • If you enjoy this kind of stuff stay tuned tomorrow when they announce pics of the Sagittarius A Star black hole at the center of our Milky Way.

  • edited May 12

    @NeuM said:

    @JeffChasteen said:

    said:

    I would pay that much for the Elvis silkscreen that Bob Dylan shot, but not for that particular Marilyn.

    Beauty (and art) is in the eye of the beholder.

    True.

    There is an earlier Marilyn where Warhol (or Gerard Malanga) had not yet gotten down the finer points of silkscreening. Its imperfections make me appreciate it more than the Sage Marilyn.

  • @sevenape said:
    Last month in the UK 2 million adults went a day without eating, yet still we will spend around 43 billion pounds on defense. Its crazy... if we do find aliens with the JWST I hope they give us a wide berth

    If you think humans can be cruel to each other, wait until you see how the aliens treat us.

  • @Tarekith said:
    If you enjoy this kind of stuff stay tuned tomorrow when they announce pics of the Sagittarius A Star black hole at the center of our Milky Way.

    It seems that the imaging of Sagittarius is harder than M87 (Messier), although it's closer to earth, in the heart of our milky way. The accretion disk is in plane with the milky way, so we have a sideview, and we have to peer between all the stars and dust clouds. Sagittarius is more active than M87, and seems more difficult to filter the blurriness that comes with long exposure time. If they manage it, we could see a blake hole alike in the movie Interstellar.

  • @Simon said:

    @sevenape said:
    Last month in the UK 2 million adults went a day without eating, yet still we will spend around 43 billion pounds on defense. Its crazy... if we do find aliens with the JWST I hope they give us a wide berth

    If you think humans can be cruel to each other, wait until you see how the aliens treat us.

    Imagine that. An alien race treating our species the way we treat our species. How could they? :'(

  • @Ailerom said:
    Imagine that. An alien race treating our species the way we treat our species.

    Or the way we treat ants...

  • edited May 12

    @Simon said:

    @Ailerom said:
    Imagine that. An alien race treating our species the way we treat our species.

    Or the way we treat ants...

    I was in a car with a young lady one day, surrounded by mosquitos. Yet she refused to kill any. She didn't just cop the bites but but would just shoo them away. She just said she didn't believe in killing anything if it could be helped (you have to cut some slack for walked on ants and windscreen bugs). I wasn't there yet but these days I think everything has one life, and in the grand scheme of the known universe, my life is no more significant than that of an ant. I don't think most people treat ants any particular way. It seems to me most people are so far removed from the natural world that they don't even think of an ant as having any more value than a speck of dust. I could be wrong, but as a natural area manager I am bombarded daily by people that just amaze me with there complete lack of identification and therefore understanding of the natural world. I literally have people request the removal of all birds from a reserve because they wake them in the morning. Like we live in a dome, or there is no ecological impact from tinkering with a food web.

    Anyway, back to gazing out into space.

  • @Ailerom said:

    @Simon said:

    @Ailerom said:
    Imagine that. An alien race treating our species the way we treat our species.

    Or the way we treat ants...

    I was in a car with a young lady one day, surrounded by mosquitos. Yet she refused to kill any. She didn't just cop the bites but but would just shoo them away. She just said she didn't believe in killing anything if it could be helped (you have to cut some slack for walked on ants and windscreen bugs). I wasn't there yet but these days I think everything has one life, and in the grand scheme of the known universe, my life is no more significant than that of an ant. I don't think most people treat ants any particular way. It seems to me most people are so far removed from the natural world that they don't even think of an ant as having any more value than a speck of dust. I could be wrong, but as a natural area manager I am bombarded daily by people that just amaze me with there complete lack of identification and therefore understanding of the natural world. I literally have people request the removal of all birds from a reserve because they wake them in the morning. Like we live in a dome, or there is no ecological impact from tinkering with a food web.

    Anyway, back to gazing out into space.

    Read amusement :)

    I remember, mentioned in a documentary, that kids from the Bronx thought that milk comes from a factory instead of cows.

  • Live feed starting now.

  • When will Webb take that infrared picture?

Sign In or Register to comment.