Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virsyn Tera Pro Demo - likely THE synth of 2022

I have 5 copies of ANY Virsyn app for iOS to give away within the next 2 days. 3 for youtube, 1 for twitter, 1 for Insta. Details in the YT comments section.

Let me first say that I am a total Virsyn fanboy. Cube Synth Pro is probably the synth I’ve used most in the past year, and I made a very detailed walkthrough on it. Tera also sounds great but is another beast entirely - a semi-modular synth that allows you to use a huge range of synthesis modes, but also to route oscillators, lfos, envelopes etc in very creative ways.

AppStore link and description:
https://apps.apple.com/app/tera-pro/id1578464219?l=en
Tera Pro brings together all major sound synthesis methods on one table. No matter if you want to recreate sounds from analogue legends or explore modern digital sounds with FM, Waveshaping or Wavetable synthesis. Add some flavour of physical modelling and modules for additive synthesis. Combine them altogether for new sound experiences far beyond your wildest dreams.
Tame this overwhelming amount of possibilities with Tera Pros intelligent user interface showing you only exactly what you need, paired with realtime oscilloscopes and level indicators helping you seeing what’s going on. Connect the modules with a flexible routing method without the visual cluttering of real wire cables needed in conventional modular synthesisers

• 128 voice Modular polyphonic Synthesiser
  • Mono/Dual/Split Voice Architecture
  • Modules for analog and FM synthesis
  • Modules for Spectral Wavetable Synthesis and Additive Synthesis
  • Karplus Strong Physical Modelling and Wave Shaping
  • MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)
  • Vintage voice modelling for organic warm sound character
  • 1800+ Factory presets included
  • PDF Manual included
  • Standalone, AUv3 and IAA compatible
  • Ableton Link
  • Bluetooth MIDI

Comments

• edited May 2022

Good demo, Gavin. I'm struggling with a DSP issue but the sounds are super. How’re the eyes doing? Better, I hope.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good demo, Gavin. I'm struggling with a DSP issue but the sounds are super. How’re the eyes doing? Better, I hope.

Sorry to hear that . Didn’t know he was having issues w his vision .

• edited May 2022

There are some absolute powerhouses on the platform now - Synthmaster 2, Obsidian (still including this), Drambo, and now Tera Pro.

Not sure if I am gonna pull the trigger yet, and don’t mind full price to support Harry if getting it later happens (it will for sure). I am still absolutely lost in Drambo, it’s just taking so much more work than modular for me to grasp!

This does feel it would be a bit more “friendly”.

@Gavinski have you tried running it more minimally thank huge multi-voice stuff, or been messing with any DIY physical modelling it can do?

If I grab this it would be to try and recreate an iOS QU-BIT Surface !

• @LinearLineman said:

Ah, eyes still never recovered properly from that cataract op Mike. Could be better, but also could be worse, I guess. Dry eye syndrome, starbursts, light sensitivity - none of which lend themselves well to doing a lot of screen time. 😉

• @evnjim said:
    There are some absolute powerhouses on the platform now - Synthmaster 2, Obsidian (still including this), Drambo, and now Tera Pro.

Not sure if I am gonna pull the trigger yet, and don’t mind full price to support Harry if getting it later happens (it will for sure). I am still absolutely lost in Drambo, it’s just taking so much more work than modular for me to grasp!

This does feel it would be a bit more “friendly”.

@Gavinski have you tried running it more minimally thank huge multi-voice stuff, or been messing with any DIY physical modelling it can do?

If I grab this it would be to try and recreate an iOS QU-BIT Surface !

I've really only started scratching the surface - everything here was either an existing preset or a tweak on an existing preset. Routing takes a bit of getting used to - you expect it to be like drambo but it's not. I keep wanting to tap on a blank space to add a module and drag and drop to move things around but that's not how it works. Definitely worth spending time with - can get some seriously beautiful sounds out of it for sure. Absolute cpu killer for sure though!

• @Gavinski said:

@LinearLineman said:

Ah, eyes still never recovered properly from that cataract op Mike. Could be better, but also could be worse, I guess. Dry eye syndrome, starbursts, light sensitivity - none of which lend themselves well to doing a lot of screen time. 😉

My eyes are pretty bad as well with rapidly degrading vision with quite severe astigmatism causing muscle strain in the muscles that control the eye so it's max ~45 min iPad time in a sitting before I need to rest my eyes. as they get super dry and runny.

I watch most YT videos on a 28" 4K screen as it's a bit easier on the eyes, too bad it's not a 'touch screen' as I prefer touch over mouse & keyboard...

...still happy @Gavinski manages to make these videos :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

@LinearLineman said:

My eyes are pretty bad as well with rapidly degrading vision with quite severe astigmatism causing muscle strain in the muscles that control the eye so it's max ~45 min iPad time in a sitting before I need to rest my eyes. as they get super dry and runny.

I watch most YT videos on a 28" 4K screen as it's a bit easier on the eyes, too bad it's not a 'touch screen' as I prefer touch over mouse & keyboard...

Thanks Samu, sounds rough my friend. Do you know what's causing the vision deterioration?

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

@LinearLineman said:

@Gavinski Thank you for your video - nice collection of Sounds!
    Wish your eyes getting better soon

• @VirSyn said:

@Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

@LinearLineman said:

@Gavinski Thank you for your video - nice collection of Sounds!
    Wish your eyes getting better soon

Thank you for the app Harry! I'm super impressed.

• @Gavinski said:

Thanks Samu, sounds rough my friend. Do you know what's causing the vision deterioration?

I guess it runs in the family or something?!

Most of the relatives on my Dad's side have one or another form degrading vision....
    One if them became totally blind in one eye at the age of ~60. NOT something I look forward to becoming being born -72...

So I'll be happy as long as I can see :sunglasses:

• I’m wondering if a patchstorage category would be good for this synth…

• Definitely. Not that the 1800 presets that come with it is a stingy amount 😂. I am so impressed by this synth, i suspect it will become my new go-to synth, knocking cube synth Pro off that pedestal.

• edited May 2022

While nothing to scoff at, this synth gives the impression that 1800 presets is just barely the surface! :D

@Gavinski thanks for your reply, a rewatch of the video tipped me over the edge. Already built a ‘dirty’ dulcimer-like patch, and been working on a take on that classic Prophet-5 flute sound today.

@VirSyn absolute magic here, an instant classic! If you don’t mind me asking: is it the amount of voices that is so CPU taxing? Or resolution? Or just complexity of some of the modules?

Also noticed I could get 2 extra instances of the patch I made running in CB3 compared to my session in AUM - not really sure if that is the multi-core setting - on a 2018 Pro (1TB) for reference.

• @evnjim said:
    @VirSyn absolute magic here, an instant classic! If you don’t mind me asking: is it the amount of voices that is so CPU taxing? Or resolution? Or just complexity of some of the modules?

Also noticed I could get 2 extra instances of the patch I made running in CB3 compared to my session in AUM - not really sure if that is the multi-core setting - on a 2018 Pro (1TB) for reference.

A bit of all...

• 128 voices get filled pretty quick especially if the release time is relatively long.
    • Many sound have unison mode set ( int the COMMON module ). 8 times Unison means each note is played by 8 voices - that means 8 times all used modules ( not only oscillators, but also filters, ... ). Reducing Unison down a bit can make the cpu happy.

To suppress the cpu hunger a bit the next version ( already in review ) will have a setting of max voices ( 32, 64, 96 and 128 )

Cubasis is currently the clear winner because they distribute the Tera Pro instances across multiple cores. But think others will follow soon.

• edited May 2022

I think this demo pushed me over the edge to get it. About the eyes, screens are a lot of blue which spikes cortisol etc in unhealthy ways. Might want to try some red light if you can handle it https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/3-minutes-of-deep-red-light-can-improve-a-persons-vision

• @Model10000 said:
    I think this demo pushed me over the edge to get it. About the eyes, screens are a lot of blue which spikes cortisol etc in unhealthy ways. Might want to try some red light if you can handle it https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/3-minutes-of-deep-red-light-can-improve-a-persons-vision

Sounds interesting, i haven't heard of this before. But what do you mean 'if you can handle it'? 😂

• @evnjim said:
    While nothing to scoff at, this synth gives the impression that 1800 presets is just barely the surface! :D

@Gavinski thanks for your reply, a rewatch of the video tipped me over the edge. Already built a ‘dirty’ dulcimer-like patch, and been working on a take on that classic Prophet-5 flute sound today.

Glad the vid made you buy this. I think this is highly likely to be THE iOS synth of 2022. In fact I think it's so good that it would be worth buying an ipad just to have this. I agree with comments made in the other thread that Harry should make a desktop version, but I kind of like the fact that, at the moment, such a beautiful tool is iOS only 😝

• edited May 2022

@VirSyn thanks for the detailed reply and context, node.js developer over here so mobile development is a bit of a Pandora’s box!

Looking forward to the next version, but also thanks again for your hard work and care!

@Gavinski could not agree more, across the board with that reply! 😂 I love all the best kept secrets of iOS and for all the other stuff it got me into on desktop, BLEASS, Toneboosters. Thankful for the passion and energy devs on this platform put in!

• @evnjim said:
    @VirSyn thanks for the detailed reply and context, node.js developer over here so mobile development is a bit of a Pandora’s box!

Looking forward to the next version, but also thanks again for your hard work and care!

@Gavinski could not agree more, across the board with that reply! 😂 I love all the best kept secrets of iOS and for all the other stuff it got me into on desktop, BLEASS, Toneboosters. Thankful for the passion and energy devs on this platform put in!

I'm just waiting for iOS music to get the more mainstream adoption it deserves. People don't know what they're missing by sticking soly to desktop. And sure, hardware is nice, but how much would you have to pay for a piece of hardware that does what Tera Pro can do!

• Agreed @Gavinski I’m still explaining the power to people.

• edited May 2022

It's an everyday struggle! Honestly, I've been split with desktop for years, bounced from Mac to PC a few times, Digital Performer to Emagic Logic to ProTools to Cubase to Live to Logic to Reaper to Bitwig. Been a Native Instruments dude, Sylenth1, and into the fun off the beaten path stuff... iOS trumps it all for me!

• Winners:
    YouTube - Sanspo, RT, Gbcraw
    Twitter - Shim Sham
    Insta - Marcus President

Congrats!

• This is great thanks for going through these presets! I thought I'd had enough synths on my ipad, but evidently not

Thanks!

• @Gavinski said:
    Definitely. Not that the 1800 presets that come with it is a stingy amount 😂. I am so impressed by this synth, i suspect it will become my new go-to synth, knocking cube synth Pro off that pedestal.

That's exactly how I feel too Gavinski. The king is dead - long live the king etc

• I propose a wild experiment that only @Gavinski can commit.

Convert Tera Pro in a drone synthesizer, by adding a LFO at the end of the AMP section.

In this way, with the pressing of a single key, it will create an infinite drone texture.

Now, modulate the rest of the parameters with the internal LFOs. And for the parameters that can't be modulated inside the app, use Rozeta LFO.

And now, if you want to make your iPad explode, every time that you play a new note, various new voices will be added, remaining in the background.

Push this progressively to the limit of its 128 voices.

Tera Pro is also secretly the best West Coast synth available on iOS.

• edited May 2022

• Really impressed with the quality of the presets that ship with it. There’s a wide variety that do a very good job of demonstrating its many capabilities. Good for a bit of reverse engineering for learning how it works too.
    What an amazing synth to have on iOS! The platform just levelled up significantly! 😍

• @Pynchon said:
    I propose a wild experiment that only @Gavinski can commit.

Convert Tera Pro in a drone synthesizer, by adding a LFO at the end of the AMP section.

In this way, with the pressing of a single key, it will create an infinite drone texture.

Now, modulate the rest of the parameters with the internal LFOs. And for the parameters that can't be modulated inside the app, use Rozeta LFO.

And now, if you want to make your iPad explode, every time that you play a new note, various new voices will be added, remaining in the background.

Push this progressively to the limit of its 128 voices.

Tera Pro is also secretly the best West Coast synth available on iOS.

This was pretty much the first thing I did, not exactly how you describe, but I saw the range of features and immediately thought buchla…

• @Gavinski, dry eye seems to be a common result of catarsurgery, tho it’s more likely your oil glands are decreasing. There’s a test that can determine what you still have to work with. My eyes literally will not open for half a minute in the morning. Lol, if there’s a fire I’m f’d!

Also, after struggling for a couple of yrs with progressive lens for reading I finally bought a cheap pair of reading specs. Big improvement!

Take care, we still have a lot to be thankful for.

• @sevenape said:
    This is great thanks for going through these presets! I thought I'd had enough synths on my ipad, but evidently not

Thanks!

I wasn't just going through presets, most of these were tweaked to fit the audio source. But glad you enjoyed! It's truly an incredible synth.