Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Record and pass through incoming midi notes in LK sequencer (solved)

edited May 2022 in App Tips and Tricks

hello Forum,

I am struggling with something that should be very simple.

I have a Korg Nanokey Studio and an Akai LPK Mini.

I want with LK sequencer inside AUM, to play and record incoming midi notes from my hardware keyboards and send it to a synth app.

Whatever I try in the setup and connection sub screen, there is no incoming signal in LK. The vertical line next to the app symbol doesn't show up. When I try Atom 2, there is no problem with this setup.

One thing does work in LK, when I press a certain key, the clip starts to play. What am I missing, is there some hidden switch, or do I need to arm a clip?

And a thought, as I see it, with Atom 2 every instance you load, is one clip. So create a few clips is no problem, but a full matrix with clips for a few channels gives a lot of clutter inside AUM. So I think LK is more appropriate for clip/grid sequencing.

Comments

• @raabje said:
    hello Forum,

I am struggling with something that should be very simple.

I have a Korg Nanokey Studio and an Akai LPK Mini.

I want with LK sequencer inside AUM, to play and record incoming midi notes from my hardware keyboards and send it to a synth app.

Whatever I try in the setup and connection sub screen, there is no incoming signal in LK. The vertical line next to the app symbol doesn't show up. When I try Atom 2, there is no problem with this setup.

One thing does work in LK, when I press a certain key, the clip starts to play. What am I missing, is there some hidden switch, or do I need to arm a clip?

And a thought, as I see it, with Atom 2 every instance you load, is one clip. So create a few clips is no problem, but a full matrix with clips for a few channels gives a lot of clutter inside AUM. So I think LK is more appropriate for clip/grid sequencing.

There’s a monitor button that you need to press for the track in LK. I believe it’s the red dot 🔴

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

You do need to arm the track to receive and pass through MIDI. You additionally need to arm the app's master record when you want to record to a clip.

Also, tap the MIDI plug icon at the bottom-right to set the output destination if needed.

• edited May 2022

Thanks, I will try the red dot.

But just a moment ago I found an solution. In the vertical bar there are some options, keyboard, chorder, controller, X/Y pad, midi pads. Some of them have a knob for arming the track.

This arming is not available as a button on the clip screen itself, with the piano roll.

When I arm the track, the midi notes are coming in.

edit, my post crossed the post from Wim. That little red dot does the trick! Thanks Wim and Tahiche! It tried everything but not that little black button that turns red.

• @raabje why did you strokethrough the sentence?
    I also can't find the arming when using the Piano Roll or the Matrix.

Although, harming the track didn't help my case to get the MIDI signal come in or out. (https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/51131/process-midi-via-lk/)

• @Pictor said:
    @raabje why did you strokethrough the sentence?
    I also can't find the arming when using the Piano Roll or the Matrix.

Although, harming the track didn't help my case to get the MIDI signal come in or out. (https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/51131/process-midi-via-lk/)

Did you set the destination?

• I've tried to click the MIDI socket icon to display the input and output (and in the MIDI Settings all the options are enabled).
    The input is LK Input channels ALL/Omni.
    The output is LK Output channel 1 (and I've checked that the Synth gets messages from 1).

Is that what you mean?