Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: Auto Save with no Changes?

edited May 2022 in Loopy Pro

I use Loopy Pro's Sequencer window for live performance. I load a Project (a song), which includes some empty clips armed to record live loops. When I’m finished with the song and load another Project, I get the query query Would you like to save changes?” and have to manually respond. Is there an Action or some way to skip this window (or “lock” a project)? In other words, I want my projects to remain unchanged during a performance, so that Projects retain empty, armed clips.

My desired workflow is: 1) each Loopy Pro song/project is assigned a MIDI PC# (I can load it via MIDI control). 2) I call up a chosen song via its PC# (via Set List Maker) and perform it (start the sequencer via MIDI foot switch). 3) When the song is complete, I call up the next song/project. The current song should be unsaved/untouched (certain clips remain empty and armed). The next song/project is loaded.

This may all be available in the current version of Loopy Pro, but I haven't figured out how. Perhaps some use of Session Actions: Load Project - confirm (toggle) - save (toggle)???

Comments

• I don't know the answer to your question. I just stopped by to suggest adding "Loopy Pro" to the thread title. You'll get more eyes of those who do know on the post that way.

• @soundog said:
    I use Loopy Pro's Sequencer window for live performance. I load a Project (a song), which includes some empty clips armed to record live loops. When I’m finished with the song and load another Project, I get the query query Would you like to save changes?” and have to manually respond. Is there an Action or some way to skip this window (or “lock” a project)? In other words, I want my projects to remain unchanged during a performance, so that Projects retain empty, armed clips.

My desired workflow is: 1) each Loopy Pro song/project is assigned a MIDI PC# (I can load it via MIDI control). 2) I call up a chosen song via its PC# (via Set List Maker) and perform it (start the sequencer via MIDI foot switch). 3) When the song is complete, I call up the next song/project. The current song should be unsaved/untouched (certain clips remain empty and armed). The next song/project is loaded.

This may all be available in the current version of Loopy Pro, but I haven't figured out how. Perhaps some use of Session Actions: Load Project - confirm (toggle) - save (toggle)???

If you turn off "confirm" in the load project action, does it not do what you want?

• Thank you very much. I was just looking at the Load Project Actions (Confirm and Save First toggles) when I saw your reply. I'll experiment with these today and reply back....

• I had not investigated “MIDI Control> Add New Profile” and that was the ticket. Steps I used were:

• Add New Profile
    • Add New Binding
    • Action: Load Project (Confirm off, Save First off, Specific Project)

Within those steps I was able to bind a PC# to a specific Project. Now when I request the project via MIDI, the specified Project loads, without any “save first” or “confirm” messages. All is good in Loopy Land.

Thanks again, @espiegel123