Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wendy Carlos Synth Pioneer / Clockwork Orange

edited May 2022 in Other

I wonder how many young people understand the history behind the iPad ease we all now know, and how Walter Carlos, who became Wendy, helped make that a reality with her soundtrack to Clockwork Orange.

Comments

• More than 50 years later, we're still dealing with this kind of sound synthesis a lot :D

• As an adjunct: interesting to note how many synth practitioner/pioneers were/are trans… e.g. Mutable Instruments’ Emilie Gillet, Lisa Bella Donna, Zoe Blade, Modal Synth founder Paula Maddox,

https://novationmusic.com/en/news/purity-integrity-and-synthesizers

the sadly departed Sophie, and many, many more…

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2qDlxv4xelKDRCWQ4PToPd?si=f5e3034d771249a5

• Indeed. These kids today with no appreciation for history! Hmm, I sound like my father :) Before clockwork orange, Switched on Bach was revolutionary. And extremely popular in the early 70s. I learned synthesis on the university’s moog. The same thing Carlos used in the above picture. You had to sign out the closet it was in for an hour at a time. It was booked almost 24/7. There was no way to record anything and of course no way to save patches. So it would take most of the hour to plug everything in to make one monophonic sound. Then your time would be up and the next guy would rip it all out and start over. I think about this all the time as I marvel how far things have come. I lived through all of it. Thanks for bring this up.

• Wendy was one of the biggest reasons I got into synthesizers probably 15 years ago now. Love her and her work.