Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are there apps for these?

1. Is there an app that will give you a bunch of ARP sequences that you can plug any AU instrument into? I know, the height of laziness, but still, would you expect any less from a preset guy?

2. An app that will alter midi/audio to play a track in reverse, upside down, from the middle out, etc? I’d love something like that.

Comments

1. Have a look at this? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/steppolyarp-unit/id1361313588

2. Have to think about this one. Perhaps more details about what you want to do here are needed.

• @LinearLineman
    2. Look into Fugue machine for midi stretching. Atom 2 can flip midi horizontally and vertically.

Middle out play back is a puzzler but you might try GlitchCore and move the step playback ramp into different shapes. You’ll have to put something in this buffer first. Speaking of buffers Guass might be perfect for this as it can change the timing and direction of recorded audio.

If you need short demos let me know

• Thx @CracklePot this does look interesting. Still, I would have to learn how to sequence it,mi guess tho it seems to have 18 “presets”. So, I guess you plug this into “insert midi effects” in Cubasis and put the desired synth/ instrument on the channel? @audiblevideo describes what I’m looking for. The musical terms are inversion and retrograde. Middle outwards… we’ll, I’m not quite sure what I mean.
    by that myself.

@audiblevideo Atom2 sounds more right than Fugue Machine. Could I feed amidi line intonAtim2 and get it reversed? How exactly does that work (briefly, if possible)

Thanks, guys!

• Most of the midi stuff works on programmed midi.
    I don’t know offhand of anything that works on live input.

You could record and then apply a process (reverse, invert, etc.), but for real-time there is mainly transpose, or some sort of quantizing (scale, grid, groove, etc.)

• StepPolyArp unit has way more than 18 presets, more like 128.

• Drambo can do all of this. I guess I'll have to give you a private lesson on how to do it though.

• As far as Arp sequences go my favorites are Aphelian ( I use the audio unit version in AUM) and Chordjam. With regard to midi in reverse, upside down, etc. I have no idea, but if @rs2000 days Drambo can do it, apparently it does everything 😁