Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Pro from VirSyn released (M1 added)

Comments

• edited May 2022

@VirSyn Ran into a really annoying bug. Using Tera Pro as auv3 inside Cubasis 3, when I try to touch the knobs in the FX panels it kicks me back to ARP section, making it imposible to change the FX parameters.

Trying to touch inside that red rectangle kicks me back to the ARP section. Weirdly I can touch and move the knobs below that zone just fine.

• @Nimgwen said:
    @VirSyn Ran into a really annoying bug. Using Tera Pro as auv3 inside Cubasis 3, when I try to touch the knobs in the FX panels it kicks me back to ARP section, making it imposible to change the FX parameters.

Trying to touch inside that red square will kicks me back to the ARP section. Weirdly I can touch the and move the knobs below that zone just fine.

I have run into this in Loopy Pro. So, I don’t think it is host related.

• @VirSyn Ran into another annoying bug, the double tap to reset knob value has stopped working for most of the knobs in the auv3 version (it works fine in standalone)

• @espiegel123 said:

@Nimgwen said:

Trying to touch inside that red square will kicks me back to the ARP section. Weirdly I can touch the and move the knobs below that zone just fine.

I have run into this in Loopy Pro. So, I don’t think it is host related.

Same here in Drambo

• @charalew said:
    One other suggestion @VirSyn, the ASDR Modules have a quite a bit of empty screen 'real estate' above the buttons when expanded. It would be great if this could be utilised by a visual representation of the envelope which updates when the dials are moved. It would even better if tis worked both ways with the ability to manipulate the graphical version of the envolope directly (like you can with the Multi Envelope MEGs), with any changes reflect back to the dials.

Anyway, for anyone hesitating, just buy this synth. If I had to delete every other synth on my iPad apart from one, this would be the one I'd keep :)

That's actually on my list o of wishes too...
    ( and i don't mean the deleting of other synths :D )

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Hello Dev Harry, Congrats on the release of your Monstah Synth. I too am wondering if there is a way to lock the IU screen so that it does not keep moving around as I try to use the interface? That is my only issue so far (it can get annoying). I have most of your APPS. I am a big fan. Please keep up the incredible work, too job! Cheers, ED

Thank you!
    The dual use of tapping and changing parameters is something I'm also not 100% satisfied. ATM tap + dragging up/down shall change parameters and left/right shall scroll. I'm curiously reading all ideas coming in.

• @Nimgwen said:

Trying to touch inside that red rectangle kicks me back to the ARP section. Weirdly I can touch and move the knobs below that zone just fine.

Time for another update...
    As soon as I'm back on my desk (Monday) I will prepare an update fixing these issues

• @Spidericemidas said:

@richardyot said:
    This looks like a great synth at an unbelievable price 😲

@VirSyn is it possible to share custom preset banks? If I wanted to make a bank of my presets for the community.

A preset bank from you @richardyot for this monster would be fantastic! Good luck! I’m digging in soon too! The possibilities are mind boggling. I’m sure @Pxlhg won’t be able to resist it either. I think a synth of this calibre also deserves a forum patch fest! 🤞😃

I just poked around with it a little bit so far. I have converted my desktop to Mac after 20 years of Win. Not very happy, which I was when I bought it :D Anyway, in due time I'll certainly put my teeth in this one too :)

• @Pxlhg said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@richardyot said:
    This looks like a great synth at an unbelievable price 😲

@VirSyn is it possible to share custom preset banks? If I wanted to make a bank of my presets for the community.

A preset bank from you @richardyot for this monster would be fantastic! Good luck! I’m digging in soon too! The possibilities are mind boggling. I’m sure @Pxlhg won’t be able to resist it either. I think a synth of this calibre also deserves a forum patch fest! 🤞😃

I just poked around with it a little bit so far. I have converted my desktop to Mac after 20 years of Win. Not very happy, which I was when I bought it :D Anyway, in due time I'll certainly put my teeth in this one too :)

Good move with the conversion. I think in time you'll learn to like it more than Windows. I have multiple members of my family who all moved to Macs after using PC's since the beginning of the personal computer. And remember, for anything that you still need to use Windows, there's always https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/run-windows-on-your-mac-mh11850/mac ...

• @NeuM said:
    Good move with the conversion. I think in time you'll learn to like it more than Windows. I have multiple members of my family who all moved to Macs after using PC's since the beginning of the personal computer. And remember, for anything that you still need to use Windows, there's always https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/run-windows-on-your-mac-mh11850/mac ...

Well, thanks for the encouragement :) I'm a mac man from the start (a performa was my first computer) but had to convert to windows due to a move abroad and more than 20 years has past since then. So far this is nothing compared to that, jisses I was so mad and ready to kill Bill Gates :D BUT it is frustrating still. I'll get there in due time.

• @Pxlhg said:

@NeuM said:

Well, thanks for the encouragement :) I'm a mac man from the start (a performa was my first computer) but had to convert to windows due to a move abroad and more than 20 years has past since then. So far this is nothing compared to that, jisses I was so mad and ready to kill Bill Gates :D BUT it is frustrating still. I'll get there in due time.

👍

• Dear @VirSyn, I have sent you an email about this last week, but have not received a response yet. I have not been able to do midi mapping on the gate time in the Arp section of Tera Pro. Is that a bug or is it by design?

• @Bobbejaan said:
    Dear @VirSyn, I have sent you an email about this last week, but have not received a response yet. I have not been able to do midi mapping on the gate time in the Arp section of Tera Pro. Is that a bug or is it by design?

This is by design, but it’s planned to integrate MIDI learn there in future

• Hi all,

the next update is online...
    ...this time the list of fixes got pretty long:

• AUv3 Bugfix Arp presets shown in FX page
    • AUv3 Bugfix Double tap for parameter default
    • AUv3 Bugfix tap in FX section jumps to ARP
    • Parameter edits vs scroll fine tuning
    • AUv3 Bugfix Tera Pro settings wheel inaccessible.
    • Improved text visibility on nested modulation sheets
    • AUv3 Garageband/KB-1 MIDI channel problem fixed

Let me know how it works for you!

• edited May 2022

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

Fantastic. Really appreciate your responsiveness on these frequent updates.

And I have a question perhaps you aren't ready to answer yet, but will this app also be macOS M1 compatible eventually?

And a request for the future: Please bring your Bark Filter to macOS. I can't find anything like it from any other devs.

Thanks again.

• @VirSyn. Another amazing synth. I’m blown away.

• @NeuM said:

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

And I have a question perhaps you aren't ready to answer yet, but will this app also be macOS M1 compatible eventually?

And a request for the future: Please bring your Bark Filter to macOS. I can't find anything like it from any other devs.

Thanks again.

@VirSyn I was wondering the same, macOS M1 compatible would be fantastic!

• @VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

@VirSyn nice work 👍

• @VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

I can confirm the double tap for parameter default and the FX section works fine now.

There is still this issue with the auv3 UI resizing inside cubasis 3. Basically if you try to resize it by dragging on the window handles, rather than just pressing the full screen button, then it will not scale with the window and will glitch out. It will remain small even if you close and re-open the window in fullscreen. The UI becomes unresponsive and starts glitching when you touch it while it is like that (changing size/stuttering/grey lines appear/disappear). Also when this happens the UI of the other instance of Tera Pro goes blank. To fix it I have to force quit cubasis and reload the project. This happened before but it used to crash the auv3 and stop the sound, now the sound remains but the UI glitches out or goes blank.

• @Nimgwen said:

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

I can confirm the double tap for parameter default and the FX section works fine now.

There is still this issue with the auv3 UI resizing inside cubasis 3. Basically if you try to resize it by dragging on the window handles, rather than just pressing the full screen button, then it will not scale with the window and will glitch out. It will remain small even if you close and re-open the window in fullscreen. The UI becomes unresponsive and starts glitching when you touch it while it is like that (changing size/stuttering/grey lines appear/disappear). Also when this happens the UI of the other instance of Tera Pro goes blank. To fix it I have to force quit cubasis and reload the project. This happened before but it used to crash the auv3 and stop the sound, now the sound remains but the UI glitches out or goes blank.

Shame on me, I wasn't even aware that this kind of resizing is possible :#

• @Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

Thanks again.

As soon as i have ironed out some hard to track bugs there will be M1 compatibility

• @VirSyn said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

Thanks again.

As soon as i have ironed out some hard to track bugs there will be M1 compatibility

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

• @VirSyn said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NeuM said:

@VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

Thanks again.

Awesome. Much appreciated.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    Superb fidelity and unique timbres, just from a quick browsing of presets and poking the awesome randomizer. I feel stupid asking, but how does one add modules to an init preset?

Tap on an input to select a module to supply it; can be a new one or any existing one.

• Another small bugfix release is now available:

AUv3 Cubasis 3 window resizing fixed
    Poly Portamento fixed
    New randomizer for stacked sounds

Just select a stacked sound and roll the dice...

• @VirSyn said:
    Another small bugfix release is now available:

Poly Portamento fixed

Thank you @VirSyn

I’m not sure I understand the changes to the randomizer in the latest update. It appears to select a random preset now rather than randomize parameters? Also, how do you select a stacked sound? I’m not sure what that means.

• @gusgranite said:

@VirSyn said:

Poly Portamento fixed

Thank you @VirSyn

I’m not sure I understand the changes to the randomizer in the latest update. It appears to select a random preset now rather than randomize parameters? Also, how do you select a stacked sound? I’m not sure what that means.

A stacked sound is selected whenever you see "A+B" to the right of the preset selection field. You can always go into this mode by tapping on this field and select "Stack Layer A+B" from the menu.

In this case the randomiser simply select two random sounds - one for Layer A and one for Layer B.
    In all other cases the randomiser works as before.

• @VirSyn said:

@gusgranite said:

@VirSyn said:

Poly Portamento fixed

Thank you @VirSyn

A stacked sound is selected whenever you see "A+B" to the right of the preset selection field. You can always go into this mode by tapping on this field and select "Stack Layer A+B" from the menu.

In this case the randomiser simply select two random sounds - one for Layer A and one for Layer B.
    In all other cases the randomiser works as before.

Thank you. I see what you mean.

It’s when it is a stacked preset and you hit randomize, it appears to just select another preset? Sorry, I’m probably just being daft.