Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Pro from VirSyn released (M1 added)

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @VirSyn reducing the voices sounds like it might work. It’s a great synth, for sure. I hope @Spidericemidas will do a bank for it.

@espiegel123 indeed, I am already doing that, but midi editing beforehand with a stuttering track is disconcerting.

Are you freezing all the tracks besides the one you are actively working on?

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

I really love this synth.
    The only thing I’ve missed right off is panning for each individual oscillator.

• @VirSyn said:

@Pynchon said:
    Congratulations for the superb randomizer, @VirSyn !

Thanks to it, I have discovered that you can create generative drone textures that doesn't require keyboard input, by modulating everything with LFOs. So much fun adding extra movement to the rest of parameters with Bitwig modulators.

Now I have a crazy generative piece that can play for hours with endless variations, that seems taken from a Klaus Schulze 70s recording. And this was using ONLY A SINGLE OSCILLATOR.

I love this thing, my favorite music app of 2022.

Thank you!

Maybe the randomiser grabbed this idea for generative patches from the "Krell V" patch in the Experiment folder:

With this kind of patches you just press a single note and then relax for hours...
    The trick here is that the Volume envelope ADSR1 retriggers itself after the envelope is released ( EOC = End of cycle )
    together with randomisation of the attack/decay times via "Key rand" which puts out another random value on each cycle.

Now think of 4 envelopes cycling randomly controlling filter frequency, pitches, resonance, ...
    As long as this universe exists this sound will never repeat itself, otherwise you'll get your money back B)

I love this so much. Generative music is my current path and this fits right in.

• @espiegel123 no, I'm not. The bottom line for me is that if I have to adjust my whole workflow to use one particular synth I will just not use that synth. It’s happened before. Fortunately, there are plenty of options. Hopefully, however, the reduced voicing option will fix it.

• @wim said:
    I really love this synth.
    The only thing I’ve missed right off is panning for each individual oscillator.

This is a limitation of the modular design. But there is at least a workaround:

• Set Unison to 2 ( or higher ) in COMMON
    • Modulate PAN in the AMP module with "Key alt"

Key alt(ernate) outputs 1 and -1 alternating with each unison voice. You can use key alt on other parameters to make the left and the right channel sounding different. Should be possible to have completely different sounds on the left and the right side of the stereo image!

• Terra was the first synth I purchased from Virsyn way back when, in the early 00's. And I obviously purchased the iOS version when it was first released.

Terra Pro was an instant purchase, it goes without saying and boy what an improvement over the first version of Terra iOS! I've always felt that Terra was as close as iOS gets to the possibilities of the mighty Nord Modular, and this comparison is truer still with Terra Pro.

As with all of Harry's synths, a little high-quality saturation in the signal chain goes a long way when it comes to giving Terra Pro a thicker organic tone. On the M1 iPad Pro, processor overhead isn't a concern, especially in Cubasis 3 with multicore enabled.

Splendid work yet again @VirSyn (and count me in as another in favour of you updating Arpeggist to AUv3). Whilst we're on the subject of reworked Virsyn classics. I'd love to see you rework VTAPE as a separate iOS product (much as it exists on the desktop). I know some of the algorithms are lurking away in Tap Delay, but I'd love to see you update and modernise your tape saturation simulation for modern iOS hardware. VTape and URS Saturation were my go-to saturation thickeners in the 32bit plugin era of the early naughties, so I'm sure you could create something equally compelling on iOS in 2022. B)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @VirSyn reducing the voices sounds like it might work. It’s a great synth, for sure. I hope @Spidericemidas will do a bank for it.

Anything modular gets my attention and interest right away. I love the full and rich sound quality of VirSyn synths. I think they have the best quality onboard fx modules too.

Definitely curious to dig into Tera Pro. From what I’ve seen and heard of it so far, if you mastered it completely for sound designing, you could possibly delete all your other iOS synths and not miss any of them.

Unfortunately, the limitations of my old iPad will automatically restrict just how far I can go with sound designing on it and how I can use it (just like AddStation) so I may not be able to use it to its full potential, we’ll see...something like this synth is still worth investing in now for when the opportunity arises in the future to obtain a more powerful iPad.

Congrats and much respect to the sound designers behind the 1,800 included presets! Some really amazing and beautiful stuff in there.

❤️🙏🕷

• edited May 2022

Loving the synth so far @VirSyn, marvellous work. I have just one small bug to report: on mini5 in Cubasis3.4.3, the Tera Pro settings wheel is inaccessible in the UI mode “tablet”. Aside from that tiny annoyance, I’m loving this polyphonic beast <3

• Can't stop playing with this. Great synth. Love the modular approach as well as how easy it is to dial in modulation options. One small thing @VirSyn - it would be great if you could mute and unmute channels/oscillators in the mixer without having to change the volume level. Just to isolate individual oscillators and hear the effects of changes etc

• @charalew said:
    Can't stop playing with this. Great synth. Love the modular approach as well as how easy it is to dial in modulation options. One small thing @VirSyn - it would be great if you could mute and unmute channels/oscillators in the mixer without having to change the volume level. Just to isolate individual oscillators and hear the effects of changes etc

That is a very good suggestion.

• edited May 2022

@NeuM said:

@charalew said:
    Can't stop playing with this. Great synth. Love the modular approach as well as how easy it is to dial in modulation options. One small thing @VirSyn - it would be great if you could mute and unmute channels/oscillators in the mixer without having to change the volume level. Just to isolate individual oscillators and hear the effects of changes etc

@charalew Yes, a good idea.

• @VirSyn said:

@NeuM said:

@charalew said:

Would it work best on the mixer, or the oscillators themselves?

• @Krupa said:

@VirSyn said:

@NeuM said:

@charalew said:

Very good question. Not sure actually but maybe a mute/solo/on toggle on each oscillator would be easiest to implement in terms of screen real estate. Although the volume sliders are on the mixer so on second thoughts, maybe it fits better with the overall design 'paradigm' for it be on the mixer (if practicable...)

• @charalew said:

@Krupa said:

@VirSyn said:

@NeuM said:

@charalew said:

Very good question. Not sure actually but maybe a mute/solo/on toggle on each oscillator would be easiest to implement in terms of screen real estate. Although the volume sliders are on the mixer so on second thoughts, maybe it fits better with the overall design 'paradigm' for it be on the mixer (if practicable...)

Also it might be that you’d want to check the effect of an oscillator on another, without actually hearing it…maybe I’m overthinking 😅

• When I want to mute an oscillator, I just set the mixer input to (none). It's a little more trouble than just muting but works OK for my purposes.

• edited May 2022

@VirSyn small issue, when you modulate an lfo with another lfo, then a new modulation panel opens with a darker background, this helps you understand the modulation hierarchy, but the darker color makes it impossible to read the numbers on the knobs (like the LFO 2 frequency is barely visible, can't read the number in this screenshot)

• @Nimgwen said:
    @VirSyn small issue, when you modulate an lfo with another lfo, then a new modulation panel opens with a darker background, this helps you understand the modulation hierarchy, but the darker color makes it impossible to read the numbers on the knobs (like the LFO 2 frequency is barely visible, can't read the number in this screenshot)

You simply nested not enough, go one or two level further and the numbers are possible to read again ;)
    Just kidding :D
    Will think about some kind of automatic contrast improvement algorithm and call it ACIA

• @richardyot said:
    This looks like a great synth at an unbelievable price 😲

@VirSyn is it possible to share custom preset banks? If I wanted to make a bank of my presets for the community.

A preset bank from you @richardyot for this monster would be fantastic! Good luck! I’m digging in soon too! The possibilities are mind boggling. I’m sure @Pxlhg won’t be able to resist it either. I think a synth of this calibre also deserves a forum patch fest! 🤞😃

• @Spidericemidas said:

@richardyot said:

@VirSyn is it possible to share custom preset banks? If I wanted to make a bank of my presets for the community.

A preset bank from you @richardyot for this monster would be fantastic! Good luck! I’m digging in soon too! The possibilities are mind boggling. I’m sure @Pxlhg won’t be able to resist it either. I think a synth of this calibre also deserves a forum patch fest! 🤞😃

Um yes please. You guys are such artists.. can’t wait to hear what you construct

• @Spidericemidas said:

@richardyot said:

Thanks! I'll see if I can get some time together to make a full bank. the synth is very powerful, and thick sounding.

• edited May 2022

One other suggestion @VirSyn, the ASDR Modules have a quite a bit of empty screen 'real estate' above the buttons when expanded. It would be great if this could be utilised by a visual representation of the envelope which updates when the dials are moved. It would even better if tis worked both ways with the ability to manipulate the graphical version of the envolope directly (like you can with the Multi Envelope MEGs), with any changes reflect back to the dials.

Anyway, for anyone hesitating, just buy this synth. If I had to delete every other synth on my iPad apart from one, this would be the one I'd keep :)

• edited May 2022

@charalew said:
    One other suggestion @VirSyn, the ASDR Modules have a quite a bit of empty screen 'real estate' above the buttons when expanded. It would be great if this could be utilised by a visual representation of the envelope which updates when the dials are moved. It would even better if tis worked both ways with the ability to manipulate the graphical version of the envolope directly (like you can with the Multi Envelope MEGs), with any changes reflect back to the dials.

Anyway, for anyone hesitating, just buy this synth. If I had to delete every other synth on my iPad apart from one, this would be the one I'd keep :)

It is pretty cool, isn’t it?

From a purely interaction point of view, my issue is with the UI moving when you intend to adjust a dial/setting. I get left-right movement of the entire UI instead of an adjustment on the intended target. Maybe my fingers are too large or the target is too small?

• @NeuM said:

@charalew said:

From a purely interaction point of view, my issue is with the UI moving when you intend to adjust a dial/setting. I get left-right movement of the entire UI instead of an adjustment on the intended target. Maybe my fingers are too large or the target is too small?

Not an issue for me but I've running on a 12.9 iPad Pro

• @charalew said:

@NeuM said:

@charalew said:

Not an issue for me but I've running on a 12.9 iPad Pro

I also have the large iPad Pro.

• Hello Dev Harry, Congrats on the release of your Monstah Synth. I too am wondering if there is a way to lock the IU screen so that it does not keep moving around as I try to use the interface? That is my only issue so far (it can get annoying). I have most of your APPS. I am a big fan. Please keep up the incredible work, too job! Cheers, ED

• edited May 2022

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Hello Dev Harry, Congrats on the release of your Monstah Synth. I too am wondering if there is a way to lock the IU screen so that it does not keep moving around as I try to use the interface? That is my only issue so far (it can get annoying). I have most of your APPS. I am a big fan. Please keep up the incredible work, too job! Cheers, ED

Right. I see you’re experiencing the same issue. One possible solution might be to limit the side scrolling to the top of the layout instead of within the main portion of the window. Just an idea. And then be able to “lift and move” panels by long pressing on the top of the panel.

• Yes. Thats a great idea Neum. Let's hope something will be improved on it. I am just not a techy enough to propose a solution. Whatever does the trick is fine with me. Cheers, ED

• @NeuM said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Hello Dev Harry, Congrats on the release of your Monstah Synth. I too am wondering if there is a way to lock the IU screen so that it does not keep moving around as I try to use the interface? That is my only issue so far (it can get annoying). I have most of your APPS. I am a big fan. Please keep up the incredible work, too job! Cheers, ED

Right. I see you’re experiencing the same issue. One possible solution might be to limit the side scrolling to the top of the layout instead of within the main portion of the window. Just an idea. And then be able to “lift and move” panels by long pressing on the top of the panel.

Yep - that would work. Maybe it could be subtly colour coded to indicate it will scroll

• edited May 2022

@charalew said:

@NeuM said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Yep - that would work. Maybe it could be subtly colour coded to indicate it will scroll

👍 Or textured to indicate a moveable surface.

• @NeuM said:

@charalew said:

@NeuM said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

👍 Or textured to indicate a moveable surface.

Great ideas guys. Looking forward to seeing what ideas that the Dev has on this for a nice resolution. Thanks for verifying the issue. Cheers! ED