Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Pro from VirSyn released (M1 added)

Comments

• I've not had any severe performance issues for my 'normal usage' on the iPad Air 2...
    ...then again I've so far not tried it in Cubasis 3 yet, only AUM & Drambo (had to check so AUv3 automation etc. works properly).

I have had some crashes with the AUv3 after frantic re-sizing of the UI?!
    ...don't know if it's a memory leak, but at least the hosts didn't go down, just an 'error' that the plug-in crashed.

Cheers!

• @mistercharlie said:
    I’ve realized that great standalone apps like this are good to use with Ableton via Ableton link. Play along with the arrangement in Ableton, record locally on the iPad and drag it over. Or just record it in direct over iDAM.

This is also becoming more and more my usage of the iPad. Just with Bitwig instead of Ableton. Universal Control is a true game changer for this approach. Enjoying touch operation when tweaking the synth. Record on the iPad and don‘t worry about latency. Then drag and drop the recording over into Bitwig.

• Having some issues loading saved Drambo patches that utilize Tera Pro — The first time the sound was way off (Very high pitch) , so I just had to reload the Tera preset to fix it. Second time, on a more complex drambo project, all the Tera Pro tracks are dead silent and prior fix didn’t remedy the problem.

Definitely a few early bugs to be worked out.

• @krassmann said:
    Universal Control is a true game changer for this approach. Enjoying touch operation when tweaking the synth. Record on the iPad and don‘t worry about latency. Then drag and drop the recording over into Bitwig.

Exactly! It’s almost like having a touch-screen VST.

• This looks like a great synth at an unbelievable price 😲

@VirSyn is it possible to share custom preset banks? If I wanted to make a bank of my presets for the community.

• @richardyot said:
    This looks like a great synth at an unbelievable price 😲

@VirSyn is it possible to share custom preset banks? If I wanted to make a bank of my presets for the community.

yes, you can. This is the preferred method:

• create a new folder inside the "User" folder with the name of your preset bank.
    • save all presets you like inside.
    • now open the preset bank and select any of the presets inside
    • Tapping on the share button will get you into the preset sharing window where you can create a zip file for the Instrument folder /User/Your bank/ which you can the export and distribute.
  • @LinearLineman said:
    It seems Tera Pro totally pins the dsp for me in Cubasis3. And just with one layer! The earlier Tera worked fine, no problem. Anyone else out there with a similar issue? @VirSyn some help please.

Just finished a short Cubasis demo with 5 tracks which gets to the limits for my iPad Pro with A10x. Will post this later together with the project file.

There definitely seems to be a problem having many Tera Pro instances while not using them (i.e. muted). Have to investigate this together with the other problems mentioned here ( loading probs and resize crash ).

• Has anyone made a demo of patch editing? I wanted to use the original more but never really clicked with the interface, I’m hoping this version works better for me in that regard 😁

• @VirSyn said:

@richardyot said:
    This looks like a great synth at an unbelievable price 😲

yes, you can. This is the preferred method:

• create a new folder inside the "User" folder with the name of your preset bank.
    • save all presets you like inside.
    • now open the preset bank and select any of the presets inside
    • Tapping on the share button will get you into the preset sharing window where you can create a zip file for the Instrument folder /User/Your bank/ which you can the export and distribute.

Thanks! Off to the App Store to buy it then :)

• @VirSyn said:

@LinearLineman said:
    It seems Tera Pro totally pins the dsp for me in Cubasis3. And just with one layer! The earlier Tera worked fine, no problem. Anyone else out there with a similar issue? @VirSyn some help please.

Just finished a short Cubasis demo with 5 tracks which gets to the limits for my iPad Pro with A10x. Will post this later together with the project file.

Here is the promised files. On 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 it's just working, newer iPads should take this without problem.

Cubasis project file:
    http://www.virsyn.de/data/BerliozTeraPro.cbp

• @VirSyn oops, I had multi core engaged and a 5ms latency. That seems to have been the cause. Thanks, Harry, I’m happy again 👍😎🙏

• Having 5 instances in Cubasis is of not much relief, because Cubasis is unusable for live performing, given that you can't MIDI map the AUv3 parameters. So you can't modulate parameters with external apps such as miRack, Rozeta Sequencer Suite or Drambo. And you can't use the knobs in your MIDI keyboard. Completely denying the potential for sound design of this synth.

Until AUM supports multi core processing or it becomes a Universal app compatible with MacOS, I will treat Tera Pro as an external hardware synthesizer connected with a single instance to Bitwig in my Mac.

And I'm ok with this, this is one of the best sounding synths released in desktop or iOS, which is on par with the sound of a Waldorf hardware synthesizer, that costs much more.

• @Pynchon said:
    The possibilities of this thing are on par with U-he Zebra 2 or Arturia Pigments on desktop.

The most ambitious iOS synth. The only thing that comes close to this is Synthmaster 2, but I prefer the experimental approach and signature sounds of VirSyn DSP.

It's unbeilable how Harry Gohs is able to surpass in ambition each past synth with every new release.

Apps like this or Igor Vasiliev's Spacefields justify the investment on an iPad.

Yep, sounds fantastic and I'm also a huge fan of the Virsyn team's taste in preset-making. Too many new releases this week and I'm super busy, but I'm sure I'll get a vid out at some point. Congrats Harry!

• Tera Pro is fantastic! Instabuy!

I’m just an ”soundlover” with limited ability to create my own fabulous preset, but, the question is: what can Tera Pro do that my biggest lover, Synthmaster 2.x can’t do?

Synthmaster 2 is the number one goto synth 24/7, but I also like to use several other of course…

But, I must confess that Virsyn/Harry has made an incredible versatile synth in making Tera Pro!
    Sounds magic, and I really like one thing especially here - Tera Pros ability to keep the soundtail if you change preset meanwhile you play the synth… Just like Korg Kronos was the first to do on hardware synths (if I recall right here)…

5+ to the good company Virsyn!

• This is a very cool synth that is melting my iPad Pro 10.5 inch from 2017 whenever I try to put 3 instances with double layers into Drambo! Can’t wait for the new iPad Pros to be revealed so that I can upgrade and make full use of this monster.

• @Eschatone said:
    Having some issues loading saved Drambo patches that utilize Tera Pro — The first time the sound was way off (Very high pitch) , so I just had to reload the Tera preset to fix it. Second time, on a more complex drambo project, all the Tera Pro tracks are dead silent and prior fix didn’t remedy the problem.

Definitely a few early bugs to be worked out.

yeah, same issue here

• Woah. This is fucking great! Yes, bit glitchy. I’m sure that’ll get ironed out. Very cool synth

• Sound great. Super awesome!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Tera Pro is fantastic! Instabuy!

I’m just an ”soundlover” with limited ability to create my own fabulous preset, but, the question is: what can Tera Pro do that my biggest lover, Synthmaster 2.x can’t do?

Synthmaster 2 is the number one goto synth 24/7, but I also like to use several other of course…

But, I must confess that Virsyn/Harry has made an incredible versatile synth in making Tera Pro!
    Sounds magic, and I really like one thing especially here - Tera Pros ability to keep the soundtail if you change preset meanwhile you play the synth… Just like Korg Kronos was the first to do on hardware synths (if I recall right here)…

5+ to the good company Virsyn!

Oooh that's a damn great feature!

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    This is a very cool synth that is melting my iPad Pro 10.5 inch from 2017 whenever I try to put 3 instances with double layers into Drambo! Can’t wait for the new iPad Pros to be revealed so that I can upgrade and make full use of this monster.

It's not just about layers. Many of the presets use unison, which can be lowered by opening the general/voice mode tab.

• edited May 2022

I do have a specific Tera question now: what can be the reason why the same preset sounds fatter/hotter/phasier played on the IAA than on the AU which sounds drier?

edit: tried the same with Poison IAA and AU >> no difference
    edit2: the 0,2dB difference between the AUM channel faders doesn’t make the difference

• edited May 2022

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Purchased - the UI doesn’t make me dizzy like the OG release. Good work!

I have a soft spot for the OG, we go way back (to Windows), but this one is so elegant…

• @BirbHope said:

@Pynchon said:
    Having 5 instances in Cubasis is of not much relief, because Cubasis is unusable for live performing, given that you can't MIDI map the AUv3 parameters. So you can't modulate parameters with external apps such as miRack, Rozeta Sequencer Suite or Drambo. And you can't use the knobs in your MIDI keyboard. Completely denying the potential for sound design of this synth.

Until AUM supports multi core processing or it becomes a Universal app compatible with MacOS, I will treat Tera Pro as an external hardware synthesizer connected with a single instance to Bitwig in my Mac.

And I'm ok with this, this is one of the best sounding synths released in desktop or iOS, which is on par with the sound of a Waldorf hardware synthesizer, that costs much more.

This is off topic but I’m new to iOS music and I just read this and Im in shock. It didnt even occur to me to check to see if I can map hardware controls to synth parameters inside DAWs :-0
    I just assumed. :neutral:
    I saw midi learn in passing on a couple of apps like Zeeon and didnt give it another thought.
    As a newb to the platform I have mostly been researching what instruments are available and checking them out in standalone - on my couch away from controllers and fiddling using the ipad screen - I havent even gotten into actual production mode..
    I have 2 or 3 DAWs based on their ubiquity in the community and I have a high-level understanding of their comparative strengths and weakness
    Now all these comments I have seen about “exposed parameters” are starting to hit me.
    So from what I gather just from what I have picked up in my peripheral vision, ApeMatrix and Aum allow this somewhat, but what about actual DAWs?

Cubasis apparently doesnt (!) - what about NS2?
    Can anyone save me a little pain before I do a deep dive into this and point me to some of the best resources to get up to speed on this?

(Im stunned).
    Sorry for the derail. Indidnt want to start a whole thread on this. Maybe that might be better…

Btw, Im in love with the sound of Tera Pro (in standalone). I just assumed I was going to record the hell out of it later….

(Update: now Im looking around in different synths in standalone and some dont even have MIDI learn that I can easily see - like Bleass Omega. Holy S—- I feel stupid. Never ASSume as they say. Damn…).

I know exactly what you‘re talking about, as I went to all through this in the past.
    At first I have to make clear that most modern synths (including Tera pro and BLEASS Omega) exposes every single parameter for external control. Save yourself the detour and start with AUM. It’s a modular playground in which you can build your own DAW. Especially if you like the Ableton like workflow.

Here are some Audio and MIDI plugins I can highly recommend:
    1. AUM (of course, as it’s the main control center for everything.
    2. LK by imaginando — an „Ableton like“ Clip launcher and MIDI editor
    3. a MIDI Monitor like MIDISpy (makes life a lot easier)
    4. AUM MidiMixer — (also makes life easier — works even with external controllers with (motorized) moving faders)
    5. For audio tracks I can highly recommend “Neon Audio Editor” and “MultiTrack Recorder” (both from 4pockets
    6. A second MIDI editor like “Helium” or “Atom2”
    7. Eventide and FabFilters — plug-ins for audio processing
    8. There are many excellent synths and drum machines — depends on your taste. To name a view I really love: iVCS3, Moog Model 15, AnimoogZ, FRMS Granular synthesizer (Imaginando), Ruismaker Noir and many more. If you’re in experimental stuff, look at the wonderful tools from apesoft.
    9. Some MIDI tools (BramBos did some great stuff)
    Maybe this helps,
    Skål!

• edited May 2022

@Ploe said:

@BirbHope said:

@Pynchon said:
    Having 5 instances in Cubasis is of not much relief, because Cubasis is unusable for live performing, given that you can't MIDI map the AUv3 parameters. So you can't modulate parameters with external apps such as miRack, Rozeta Sequencer Suite or Drambo. And you can't use the knobs in your MIDI keyboard. Completely denying the potential for sound design of this synth.

This is off topic but I’m new to iOS music and I just read this and Im in shock. It didnt even occur to me to check to see if I can map hardware controls to synth parameters inside DAWs :-0
    I just assumed. :neutral:
    I saw midi learn in passing on a couple of apps like Zeeon and didnt give it another thought.
    As a newb to the platform I have mostly been researching what instruments are available and checking them out in standalone - on my couch away from controllers and fiddling using the ipad screen - I havent even gotten into actual production mode..
    I have 2 or 3 DAWs based on their ubiquity in the community and I have a high-level understanding of their comparative strengths and weakness
    Now all these comments I have seen about “exposed parameters” are starting to hit me.
    So from what I gather just from what I have picked up in my peripheral vision, ApeMatrix and Aum allow this somewhat, but what about actual DAWs?

Cubasis apparently doesnt (!) - what about NS2?
    Can anyone save me a little pain before I do a deep dive into this and point me to some of the best resources to get up to speed on this?

(Im stunned).
    Sorry for the derail. Indidnt want to start a whole thread on this. Maybe that might be better…

Btw, Im in love with the sound of Tera Pro (in standalone). I just assumed I was going to record the hell out of it later….

(Update: now Im looking around in different synths in standalone and some dont even have MIDI learn that I can easily see - like Bleass Omega. Holy S—- I feel stupid. Never ASSume as they say. Damn…).

I know exactly what you‘re talking about, as I went to all through this in the past.
    At first I have to make clear that most modern synths (including Tera pro and BLEASS Omega) exposes every single parameter for external control. Save yourself the detour and start with AUM. It’s a modular playground in which you can build your own DAW. Especially if you like the Ableton like workflow.

Here are some Audio and MIDI plugins I can highly recommend:
    1. AUM (of course, as it’s the main control center for everything.
    2. LK by imaginando — an „Ableton like“ Clip launcher and MIDI editor
    3. a MIDI Monitor like MIDISpy (makes life a lot easier)
    4. AUM MidiMixer — (also makes life easier — works even with external controllers with (motorized) moving faders)
    5. For audio tracks I can highly recommend “Neon Audio Editor” and “MultiTrack Recorder” (both from 4pockets
    6. A second MIDI editor like “Helium” or “Atom2”
    7. Eventide and FabFilters — plug-ins for audio processing
    8. There are many excellent synths and drum machines — depends on your taste. To name a view I really love: iVCS3, Moog Model 15, AnimoogZ, FRMS Granular synthesizer (Imaginando), Ruismaker Noir and many more. If you’re in experimental stuff, look at the wonderful tools from apesoft.
    9. Some MIDI tools (BramBos did some great stuff)
    Maybe this helps,
    Skål!

Ploe, thanks so much for taking the time to answer.
    I ended up feeling bad about the derail and moved it to its own thread.
    Given the crucial importance of AUM, those 4pockets apps are starting to look indispensable.
    I havent tried LK, but does it have a timeline you can go back and edit once you record your clip launches etc?
    Pls feel free to answer on the other thread if you like…

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50107/way-behind-on-midi-control-of-auv3-s#latest

• @Samu said:
    I've not had any severe performance issues for my 'normal usage' on the iPad Air 2...
    ...then again I've so far not tried it in Cubasis 3 yet, only AUM & Drambo (had to check so AUv3 automation etc. works properly).

I have had some crashes with the AUv3 after frantic re-sizing of the UI?!
    ...don't know if it's a memory leak, but at least the hosts didn't go down, just an 'error' that the plug-in crashed.

Cheers!

can you please check if it records automation within cubasis 3?

• @VirSyn said:

@VirSyn said:

@LinearLineman said:

Here is the promised files. On 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 it's just working, newer iPads should take this without problem.

Cubasis project file:

Can it record/play automations with cubasis R/W buttons?

• @Nimgwen said:

@VirSyn said:

@VirSyn said:

@LinearLineman said:

Cubasis project file:

Can it record/play automations with cubasis R/W buttons?

Yes it does automation.

• @VirSyn congrats on the release!

I got a hard audio crash in AUM where I needed to restart the host as well as the synth. Very rare for AUM. I’m also finding that the dice function only seems to work selectively? Most of the time you press it and nothing seems to happen.

Looking forward to diving in!