Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Pro from VirSyn released (M1 added)

Comments

• Harry, is this one also M1 desktop (macOS) compatible as an Audio Unit? Thanks.

• It's a bummer that after Addstation and Cube Synth Pro, this can't be installed on Mac.

I adore the signature sound of VirSyn synths, and I will happily pay for separated desktop versions.

Or for M1 compatible versions of some of his old apps, such as Bark Filter. Last time that I tried the demo, it wasn't even able to install in Big Sur.

• @Foleslaw said:
    Just bought it. Does it work on the iPhone as well?

@Foleslaw Ipad only.

• @Paulo164 said:

@Eschatone said:
    very lovely synth. One of the most CPU heavy plugins I own though. I can get two instances in Drambo on my 2018 iPad Pro , but three would no doubt bring it to its knees.

Yeah, quite heavy !

Preset « Berlin Session » :

• 10 voices per note
    • 8-note chord = 80 voices => 35 % of CPU on my iPad Pro M1 !! Pfew… 😅

Actually it is only CPU heavy with the new layered presets. If you use the legacy presets, it'll be much lighter like the original.

• @VirSyn this sounds great! You planning to go universal with it?

• edited May 2022

Is there an init preset?

Edit: Found it, press plus to add new preset

• Awesome. A little tight on funds this week but will definitely be buying next week, sounds great!

• The possibilities of this thing are on par with U-he Zebra 2 or Arturia Pigments on desktop.

The most ambitious iOS synth. The only thing that comes close to this is Synthmaster 2, but I prefer the experimental approach and signature sounds of VirSyn DSP.

It's unbeilable how Harry Gohs is able to surpass in ambition each past synth with every new release.

Apps like this or Igor Vasiliev's Spacefields justify the investment on an iPad.

• edited May 2022

@VirSyn Harry I really would love if you updated your super standalone Arpeggiator to an AU. It really is great, but it’s a bit unstable in its IAA form.

Respect and thanks for the new Tera synth

• @audiblevideo said:
    @VirSyn Harry I really would love if you updated your super standalone Arpeggiator to an AU. It really is great, but it’s a bit unstable in its IAA form.

Respect and thanks for the new Tera synth

+1 Apreggist AUv3 would be nice!

To make it really 'Arpeggist Pro' it could evolve to a proper 4-8 track step-sequencer :sunglasses:

• @Paulo164 said:

@Eschatone said:
    very lovely synth. One of the most CPU heavy plugins I own though. I can get two instances in Drambo on my 2018 iPad Pro , but three would no doubt bring it to its knees.

Yeah, quite heavy !

Preset « Berlin Session » :

• 10 voices per note
    • 8-note chord = 80 voices => 35 % of CPU on my iPad Pro M1 !! Pfew… 😅

58 % in AUM on iPad Pro 10.5“
    2 instances about 90 %

In Cubasis (v3) 4 similar tracks work fine!
    AUM needs better multi CPU support!

• But it’s quality is fantastic. The only thing what’s wrong with this amazing synth is it’s price. 😂

• So glad to see a synth with a legit amount of polyphony. So many modern synth (both soft and hard) have a laughable a amount of polyphony. This looks really amazing. Headed straight to the app store now.

• @Pynchon said:
    The possibilities of this thing are on par with U-he Zebra 2 or Arturia Pigments on desktop.

The most ambitious iOS synth. The only thing that comes close to this is Synthmaster 2, but I prefer the experimental approach and signature sounds of VirSyn DSP.

It's unbeilable how Harry Gohs is able to surpass in ambition each past synth with every new release.

Apps like this or Igor Vasiliev's Spacefields justify the investment on an iPad.

Don't forget Flowtones, Drambo, Zeeon, Sunvox, and Animoog Z!

• I like very much the UI/UX.
    Easy and fluent.

• Uh, iPad only 😔

• @god said:
    Uh, iPad only 😔

Hope that changes soon.

• @VirSyn The polarity of the Pan control in the Amp module is backwards: turning the knob to the left, to -64, pans the output to the right instead of left. The predecessor of Tera Pro, Tera Synth, got it right.

• It seems Tera Pro totally pins the dsp for me in Cubasis3. And just with one layer! The earlier Tera worked fine, no problem. Anyone else out there with a similar issue? @VirSyn some help please.

• @LinearLineman said:
    It seems Tera Pro totally pins the dsp for me in Cubasis3. And just with one layer! The earlier Tera worked fine, no problem. Anyone else out there with a similar issue? @VirSyn some help please.

On my iPad Air 3 running iOS 15.4.1, my system crackles after using 7-8 instances of Tera Pro in Cubasis, but that CPU usage goes down to 30-40% if I use the legacy presets.

• @frosttrance_7 said:

@LinearLineman said:
    It seems Tera Pro totally pins the dsp for me in Cubasis3. And just with one layer! The earlier Tera worked fine, no problem. Anyone else out there with a similar issue? @VirSyn some help please.

On my iPad Air 3 running iOS 15.4.1, my system crackles after using 7-8 instances of Tera Pro in Cubasis, but that CPU usage goes down to 30-40% if I use the legacy presets.

Thanks for the response. I’m stuck at 15.0 on my pro2. But I don’t think that should be the cause. Do you?
    I have the legacy presets on the original Tera, do I don’t need Tera Pro for that. It sounds like a buffer issue. Maybe @Samu or @wim or @rs2000 will chime in on this. I really want to be able to use it. In fact I have already, but I immediately had to freeze the track. Sad 😉😎🙏

• @LinearLineman said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

@LinearLineman said:

Thanks for the response. I’m stuck at 15.0 on my pro2. But I don’t think that should be the cause. Do you?
    I have the legacy presets on the original Tera, do I don’t need Tera Pro for that. It sounds like a buffer issue. Maybe @Samu or @wim or @rs2000 will chime in on this. I really want to be able to use it. In fact I have already, but I immediately had to freeze the track. Sad 😉😎🙏

Is this true with all the non-legacy presets for you? Or particular ones?

• Anyone able to add modules? It’s not working for me. Tried to swipe to see inactive modules and nothing is happening?

• @espiegel123 it seems like all of the non legacy… but I haven’t tried the legacy ones. I will do that. Thanks.

• @LinearLineman said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

@LinearLineman said:

Whelp, I doubt iOS is relevant. I guess you can stick with Tera, but Tera Pro is probably less buggier as Tera is officially abandoned. The original interface for Tera is a huge turn off for me, and I'm glad it has been improved for Tera Pro. If the GUI does not bother you, maybe stick with the original Tera.

• @auxmux said:
    Anyone able to add modules? It’s not working for me. Tried to swipe to see inactive modules and nothing is happening?

The modules are added if you use the mixer or output modules. To open a modulator, you have to hold down the modulator source button.

• edited May 2022

@Paulo164 said:

@Ploe said:
    Hi all,
    could you please check if it sends MIDI (at least Keyboard and Arpeggiator)?
    It‘s not mentioned in the manual.
    Thanks 🍻

I can be wrong but it doesn’t look like. Neither with coreMidi nor AUv3.

Thanks for your fast reply,
    bought it anyway. Fantastic synth, great UI. The AUv3 is a bit buggy, but I’m sure, there will be a fix soon (Harry Gohs is a great developer).
    No MIDI out in AUv3 unfortunately, but the stand alone version has a built in recorder, that also records MIDI.

• @frosttrance_7 said:

@auxmux said:
    Anyone able to add modules? It’s not working for me. Tried to swipe to see inactive modules and nothing is happening?

The modules are added if you use the mixer or output modules. To open a modulator, you have to hold down the modulator source button.

Ah, ok, so you need click the module after to the one you’re adding. Not the most intuitive, because the manual says to swipe left/right. This sounds good, so many options and modulators.

• I’ve realized that great standalone apps like this are good to use with Ableton via Ableton link. Play along with the arrangement in Ableton, record locally on the iPad and drag it over. Or just record it in direct over iDAM.

• @auxmux said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

@auxmux said:

Ah, ok, so you need click the module after to the one you’re adding. Not the most intuitive, because the manual says to swipe left/right. This sounds incredible, so many options and modulators.