Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Numerical Audio Shockwave - AuV3 state saving not functioning?

I'm using Shockwave in AUM and Wotja and when used as an AuV3 plugin the selected preset is not saved in the session file (AUM) or mix (Wotja). IAA works as expected.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• This is on an ipad pro 11inch with ios 15.4.1and latest versions of the apps. I've tried reinstalling Shockwave

• edited May 2022

@lockwoodbob said:
    I'm using Shockwave in AUM and Wotja and when used as an AuV3 plugin the selected preset is not saved in the session file (AUM) or mix (Wotja). IAA works as expected.

Are the actual Shockwave parameter values saved? Many AUv3s do not save the name of the last preset selected, but they do save the resulting parameter values. IAA is different because the app is running stand-alone; its internal state is not saved by AUM. So, if Shockwave does save the parameters, it may be functioning exactly as intended.

• I've been seeing several challenges with AUv3 state saving in Loopy Pro (some oddities in AUM too but not as bad). I've been using the free Nembrini Black Cat app as a test case because I've found it is free for devs to use with testing and it is consistently shows the lack of state saving on my iOS devices. Maybe try downloading and see if it's a similar challenge for you?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I've been seeing several challenges with AUv3 state saving in Loopy Pro (some oddities in AUM too but not as bad). I've been using the free Nembrini Black Cat app as a test case because I've found it is free for devs to use with testing and it is consistently shows the lack of state saving on my iOS devices. Maybe try downloading and see if it's a similar challenge for you?

Have you reported this to @michael ? He fixed some state-saving issues recently and the fixes solved problems I was having with a Nembrini app.

Specific details for each AU that doesn’t work are important.

• @espiegel123 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I've been seeing several challenges with AUv3 state saving in Loopy Pro (some oddities in AUM too but not as bad). I've been using the free Nembrini Black Cat app as a test case because I've found it is free for devs to use with testing and it is consistently shows the lack of state saving on my iOS devices. Maybe try downloading and see if it's a similar challenge for you?

Have you reported this to @michael ? He fixed some state-saving issues recently and the fixes solved problems I was having with a Nembrini app.

Specific details for each AU that doesn’t work are important.

Yes, I've reported all this at length directly to Michael in Slack.

• @lockwoodbob said:

I just tested and Shockwave is state-saving and restoring in both AUM and Loopy Pro except for the name. The name doesn't seem to be saved as part of the state which is probably on the AU side rather than the host side.

• @uncledave said:
    Are the actual Shockwave parameter values saved? Many AUv3s do not save the name of the last preset selected, but they do save the resulting parameter values. IAA is different because the app is running stand-alone; its internal state is not saved by AUM. So, if Shockwave does save the parameters, it may be functioning exactly as intended.

Now I go back and check, the parameters ARE recalled even tho the title isn’t showing. So it may be functioning as intended. Thank you for your responses.