Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...TC Data Controlling Magellen and iSEM

This is a very nice app and if you want to dig deep you can, me, I'm just a lawnmower you can tell me by the way I walk

Comments

• I'm assuming lawnmowers don't know how to post videos...

• Thanks for the video. It shows what I wanted to see. Just for the record I never claimed that you were a midiot, which is an interesting word by the way. I just said that someone else said that you weren't a midi expert. The challenge for me if I get TC-Data will be in sorting through all the possibilities to get exactly what I want from the app. It's cool that TC-Data can control robots, but I don't expect to own a robot any time soon. On the other hand I probably have 20 apps that use midi so adding TC-Data control to them for $1 an app seems to make sense. I don't have an issue with the price. It's just that there are dozens of other apps that I also want to buy. I want to start a new tradition where friends and relatives all shower me with 4th of July gifts.

• Don't forget the 5th, 6th and 7th!

• edited June 2014

@PaulB said:

I'm assuming lawnmowers don't know how to post videos...

Ha, clearly your right, what a midiot :-)

• Thanks as always, Doug. Great demo!

• Doug, did I pick up a nod to Genesis? Selling England by the Pound I do believe

• @yowza yes you did, its a line from "I Know What I Like" one of my favorite Genesis tracks, great album overall

• I thought so.

Not to totally derail this thread but that was the first album I got from them, I think I bought it because of the album cover for $4 new (remember those days?). Immediately hunted down their other records.
    Saw them with Gabriel during the Lamb Lies Down tour. Mind thoroughly blown.

• Going to see a Genesis cover band (Musical Box) cover the SEBTP later next month. I've seen them on their LLDOB tour last year. Highly recommended. I understand they are the only cover band that Genesis has sanctioned.

• This is a great video that shows an overview of TC-Data's presets and capabilities out of the box but it seems to undersell the simplicity (I think so) of creating your own patches and MIDI controls.

• The manual for the app is good too, so even if you're a midiot, you can learn how to use the app to control your iOS midi apps, other software, and hardware with it. A really nice feature of the app is that you can set it up to send out virtual midi that can be recognized by other apps. Setting up your own patches is less intimidating than you'd think and really something very different than other offerings out there.

Other than MobMuPlat, I'm not aware of other iOS apps that can be controlled with OSC, does anybody else know of others?

• edited July 2014

Thumbjam can send OSC messages. And Lemur.

• +1 for Musical Box. Saw LLDOB a couple years ago in Cleveland - just awesome particularly since there's no chance of seeing Genesis these days.

I'm really tempted on Tc-data but wondering realistically if I'd use it for music making after my inner nerd has his fun with exploring it. Anyone have sound clips they've made to share?

• Here's a sound clip I did using TC-Data to drive a synth over virtual MIDI...

• Nice @Trueyorky, thanks for sharing! So are you using sequencer objects in TC-Data here?

• @SuperNiCd I have done in other patches but this one is controlling cc's

• @Fitz said:

Thumbjam can send OSC messages. And Lemur.

Thanks Fitz, I'm aware of several apps that can send out OSC messages for control, but MobMuPlat is the only one I know of that can receive them and be controlled by other apps.