Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

recording DrumGenius loops into Audiobus/Aum

I haven’t found the way to do this, assuming a way exists. Grateful any suggestions.

Comments

• AudioLayer? Wavebox?

• @Daev said:
    I haven’t found the way to do this, assuming a way exists. Grateful any suggestions.

You will need to loopback the audio or record the audio out of one device to another. DrumGenius has 0 connectivity. There is no way for another app to capture its audio unfortunately.

• edited April 2022

I know it’s not ideal but you can always screen record then extract audio from video.

• Thanks all. I’ll check AudioLayer and Wavebox; currently know nothing about them.

• @NeuM said:
    AudioLayer? Wavebox?

Drum Genius is not IAA. No app can receive audio from it.

• @Daev said:
    Thanks all. I’ll check AudioLayer and Wavebox; currently know nothing about them.

They won’t be able to get the audio from Drum Genius since it does not make its audio available to other apps. Screen recording and extracting the audio is the path of least resistance.

• It’s actually easy and several apps extract audio from video. Twisted wave actually just had an update to add that ability. MP3 converter will do the trick as well. There’s others. Then trim to fit loop, and voila.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    It’s actually easy and several apps extract audio from video. Twisted wave actually just had an update to add that ability. MP3 converter will do the trick as well. There’s others. Then trim to fit loop, and voila.

I think audioshare and koala can both extract audio from video as well.

• I know it's not GarageBand or iPad, but I have successfully recorded Drumgenius loops into Logic Pro X. Use the Audio MIDI set-up of the iMac to Enable iPhone as input device and your choice of output monitoring device. Use the Apple System preferences to confirm the choice and works just fine.

• heshes
    edited December 2023

Not what OP is asking for, but below is a youtube video on recording Drumgenius from iPhone into Ableton on Mac. Might be helpful for some, for others not. I think if you were going to be using the audio on iOS (and have a Mac) you might want to batch record a bunch of Drumgenius loops on the Mac, then transfer to iOS. Maybe just using Audacity on Mac would be easier/more direct way to do this than an actual DAW.

Because of the way iOS works, the Drumgenius audio files are not accessible on iOS device. I believe this is different on Android version, and that if you have that you would be able to access all the audio files directly and just copy them. Naming conventions (or obscurations) might present a problem in that case, though.

• The currently free wavebox will pull audio /video from the files app or the photo/video gallery

• @Poppadocrock said:
    The currently free wavebox will pull audio /video from the files app or the photo/video gallery

It is a handy solution for DrumGenius