Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster 2 - Why are the “B” keys different colors?

I thought this might be because there is a root note set somewhere. But I can’t find anything like that. What does this mean?

Comments

• Stuck keys? Failure to properly implement state change for keyboard animations?

• Interesting, I haven’t noticed that before, I eagerly await the answer.

• As per your screenshot your scale is set to Natural Minor. Try to set it to 12 Tone Chromatic and see whether the phenomenon disappears.

• Maybe a visual thing? I’d think the C would be better for that though, idk

• It looks to me like it isn't shading the root correctly when Fill mode is on. Or maybe I don't understand how the on-screen keyboard is meant to work. @johnfromberkeley , have you asked the dev ?

• Is it still operating normally? Any notes droning on or no?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's perfectly normal, the 'shaded' notes are in the currently selected scale.
    Here's the same but I'm using the 'dark' theme...

• @Samu said:
    It's perfectly normal, the 'shaded' notes are in the currently selected scale.

Ah, I guess that would explain it. :D

• edited April 2022

Also the 'shade' of the blue keys is identical (just copy & paste the keys in an image editor).

It's more like an optical illusion I guess...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checker_shadow_illusion

A & B squares are exactly the same color...
    ...total 'Mind FCK!'

• @Samu said:
    It's perfectly normal, the 'shaded' notes are in the currently selected scale.

C natural minor is C D Eb F G Ab Bb

So, if the highlighted keys are the ones in the key, it seems like they have a bug in their natural minor definition -- the highlighted keys C D E F G A Bb are C mixolydian not C natural minor.

• @Samu said:
    Also the 'shade' of the blue keys is identical (just copy & paste the keys in an image editor).

...total 'Mind FCK!'

Actually, they're not. When using Apple's Digital Color Meter, A=111 111 111, B=99 99 99.

• @musikeer said:

@Samu said:

...total 'Mind FCK!'

Actually, they're not. When using Apple's Digital Color Meter, A=111 111 111, B=99 99 99.

Yeah, on a 10-bit P3 display it's minor rendering quantization thing, on an sRGB screen its identical RGB values.
    If I render it down to 8-bit sRGB the values are identical :sunglasses:

• @musikeer said:

@Samu said:

...total 'Mind FCK!'

Haha. I love this thread.

• @NeuM said:

@musikeer said:

@Samu said:

...total 'Mind FCK!'

Haha. I love this thread.

12 degrees of separation. :)

• edited April 2022

I tried to display C Natural Minor and C Mixolydian on SM2 for iPad based on what espiegel123 posted. The position where the keyboard color changed was the same for the two scales. I thought that was odd.

I changed the root note from the SETTINGS button on SM2. Natural Minor and Mixolydian changed the color of the keyboard at the same position for each of the root notes. I thought that was odd too.

(I am new to music theory and music software, so it is possible that I am misunderstanding something).

• @kv331audio_bulent : in SynthMaster 2, the highlighting for Natural Minor seems to be using Mixollydian rather than natural minor.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    As per your screenshot your scale is set to Natural Minor. Try to set it to 12 Tone Chromatic and see whether the phenomenon disappears.

That fixed it:

1. I thought I fixed that tried that already.

2. I never found where to specify the root note.

3. I’ve worked out the Pantone colors.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    As per your screenshot your scale is set to Natural Minor. Try to set it to 12 Tone Chromatic and see whether the phenomenon disappears.

That fixed it:

👍

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

That fixed it:

The root note is set in settings.