Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Brain AUv3?

edited April 2022 in General App Discussion

I'm looking for an acoustic drum plug-in that would work similar to BFD or Toontrack or any of these other 'drum brain' like VST's we see on the Mac. I've pretty much narrowed down my search to Slammer or FAC Drumkit. My plan is to trigger the sounds via drum triggers. Curious if anyone has experience doing this on iOS? How do these two apps compare? I like the flexibility and sound design I've seen in FAC Drumkit, however, I like the immediacy and sounds I've heard coming out of Slammer and Ting.

I'll be using the class compliant Audiofront eDrumin4 trigger to USB converter.

Comments

• These VSTs are all about realistic acoustic experience. To achieve this they rely on huge sample libraries (often 3rd party). Nothing on iOS comes close.
    I don’t have experience with the mentioned AUs but when I need something similar I still reach for Gadget/Gladstone.

• Check DrumPerfectPro comprehensive sequencer and multiple velocities on samples

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    These VSTs are all about realistic acoustic experience. To achieve this they rely on huge sample libraries (often 3rd party). Nothing on iOS comes close.
    I don’t have experience with the mentioned AUs but when I need something similar I still reach for Gadget/Gladstone.

The closest you can get is audiolayer imo.
    It can manage large sample libraries provided those are innexs or sfz format. It handles large number of velocity layers and round robins.

• DigiStix 2 has 5 velocity layers, paired with the right samples it should be enough for most cases. For samples you have some very good libs in Drumdrops. There’s some excellent free ones around should you want to try, Reverb has some good ones: https://reverb.com/software/samples-and-loops/reverb/3214-studio-sampled-sounds-hitsville-usa-in-detroit-mi-by-ian-ballard
    AudioLayer is great but it doesn’t support multi-out. If you don’t need to individually add fx and so on it’s a great option. Drambo too, of course, can do it all you know… but it does take some time to get a kit working.

• Sure a decent sampler should cover that part fine. To me, the feed into the overheads bus is big part of that sound, and it’s not that easy to mimic with a general sampler engine.

• Ah, yes...Audiolayer! I forgot about that one. Nice to have that on iOS...never mastered it...will revisit.

Multi-out is key...Random non-repeating round robbins are key too...

• @nerVe said:
    Ah, yes...Audiolayer! I forgot about that one. Nice to have that on iOS...never mastered it...will revisit.

Don’t know about DrumPerfect but I’m not aware of any app that can do both, velocity layers AND round robin. That would make for the most realistic and I guess that’s the case with “bigger” desktop plugins like BFD or Addictive Drums. I don’t know of sample libraries that include both either.

• There's an IAA called Barbaxdrums which you can find here

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/barbaxdrums/id1475341878

Though you requested an auv3 you could run
    this on another device and send midi to it
    and record the analog signal.
    It's got some good sounding drums.

• @tahiche said:

@nerVe said:
    Ah, yes...Audiolayer! I forgot about that one. Nice to have that on iOS...never mastered it...will revisit.

Don’t know about DrumPerfect but I’m not aware of any app that can do both, velocity layers AND round robin. That would make for the most realistic and I guess that’s the case with “bigger” desktop plugins like BFD or Addictive Drums. I don’t know of sample libraries that include both either.

DrumPerfect Pro has up to 8 velocity layers and round robin and is multiout. AudioLayer has both velocity layers and round robin.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

@nerVe said:

DrumPerfect Pro has up to 8 velocity layers and round robin and is multiout. AudioLayer has both velocity layers and round robin.

I didn’t know you could do both Velocity layers and round robin simultaneously in AudioLayer. Thanks for that!

In case it helps anyone and just to confirm: You tag any layers in a given key with “round robin” or “random”. Each of those can in turn can in turn have X velocity samples. It will then play, for example, the sample for vel 80 in layer SNtop-1 then the sample for vel 80 in SNtop-2 and so on…

• You mention Slammer. It obviously has velocity layers and (non-repeating, random) round-robin, having more than 2000 samples for the 30 instruments. But you can't import your own samples, you must sequence externally, and you'll need to use extra instances instead of multi-out if that is a must.

• My suggestion would be the 'Acoustic Drum Pack' In Beathawk. Great sounds and dynamics.