Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The latest Audiobus app has a new recording mode...

Hi guys,

In the preferences of the new Audiobus app you'll find a new mode called "Measurement mode". If you turn that on the quality of live audio recordings should vastly improve (especially the bass is much fuller). Please give it a try and tell us if you like it. It's off by default but we might change that in the future.

Comments

• Awesome! Thanks for the update and for working tirelessly on Audiobus even on weekends to make it even better all the time. Can you give a little more detail about what exactly measurement mode is doing? Is it going to tax resources more? Thanks.

• Is this only for the iPad internal mic?

• edited June 2014

Nothing here on iphone ?

Edit: just updated....and it's there:)

• edited June 2014

Yes, measurement mode affects only the built-in mic or mono mic input (on the 3rd rail of the headphone jack), by disabling the auto-gain and high-pass filter that is usually applied to it by the OS.

• edited June 2014

This new mode is great for guitarists using simple iRig-style hardware. Check out this before/after clip of Flying Haggis (which gets the same measurement mode treatment in the upcoming 1.1 release). It makes a huge difference:

Recording notes: Squier Telecaster on neck pickup connected via 1st generation iRig interface to iPad Mini Retina running Flying Haggis guitar amp app. Recorded via the iRig headphone output into an iMac running Audacity (with no post processing)

My recommendation? Switch measurement mode ON in Audiobus 2.1.2 and leave it there! I cannot imagine any recording scenario where I would want Apple's default processing.

• Welcome to the forum Dave - just want to say that Flying Haggis is really awesome, thanks for writing such a great app, it's my favourite guitar app by a long long way.

• @richardyot are you aware that your app store review is on their homepage? http://www.db-audioware.com/

@DaveB welcome and thanks for the example. Your homepage quotes go by too fast! ;p

• @syrupcore: I had no idea, you can see I'm a fanboy though! :)

• edited July 2014

I've tried it and it definitely increases the level of the signal you get from the input jack. In JamUp Pro you'll definitely need to be careful about creating feedback loops. If your analog interface has an adjustment to reduce the input signal coming in, be prepared to use it and definitely work your way up with the volume slowly so you don't blast your ears.

Overall, it seems to be a big improvement with a lot more detail and sustain for my instrument setup.