Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What app is most like Chord Assistant in Cubase 7.5?

I love the way they do it in Cubase... Would be very useful to find something with similar functionality!

Many thanks!

Comments

• Check out ChordPolyPad. I'm. It familiar with the Cubase, but from the description I just readi think this might be something you could be interested in. Also, chordion is nice for finding good sequences too. Not as versatile as ChordPolyPad in my opinion though. Some folks also like Chordbot.

• Magellan?

• thanks boone51 and dwarman! I'll check these out. Guess I should say that what I really like is the way the Chord Assistant has selectable level of complexity in its suggestions.

Wow, never imagined anything like that would be in Magellan. Can you elaborate on how it functions?

• ChordPolyPad has selectable level of complexity too, when sorting random chords. Seriously, it's a very good app even if it is a bit expensive, and its MIDI implementation is superb.

• fantastic about ChordPolyPad. Might have to get it... many thanks for the suggestion.

What is Suggester like? Sounds similar to Chord Assistant from the description.

• Meteor multitrack actually added a chord track in a recent update, not tried it out yet so I can't say how it performs !

• Thanks Gasman50. I have Cubase 7.5 Artist which includes Chord Tracks but not "Chord Assistant". The Chord Tracks is really functional and well done but I don't want to upgrade to the full version just to get Chord Assistant so I'm hoping to be able to use an app for the that. Sounds like Meteor just generates chords when you place a single note. Doesn't really suggest chords in progression. thanks for the thought.

• edited July 2014

I prefer Chordbot for building up harmonies. It is simple to use and has decent sounding built-in instruments. If the chord sequence is finished, I import them as MIDI or audio file into Cubasis. Another great app for this purpose is ProChords. A big benefit in ProChords is the suggestion option, but the usability in Chordbot is definitely better. However, chord building is always an separate task when using these apps -- that's not everyones cup of tea. I'm comfortable with this, because I usually start new tracks with harmonies.