Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oscar Peterson - C Jam Blues

Recorded Live in Denmark (1964)

Oscar Peterson on Piano
Ray Brown on Bass
Ed Thigpen on Drums

Comments

• My dead dad’s favorite.

• Amazing, as always. Just that intro to the theme is already so deep and soulful. Thanks for sharing !

• Super. Great left hands before the bass comes in. It’s interesting what audiences applaud for… usually repeated notes or phrase loops. I don’t know why this gets to people so hard, like it’s some amazing feat. Actually, the audience could have been clapping the whole way through.

I think John Lewis went to school a bit on Oscar. Petersen’s straightforward simplicity of line is a hallmark of Lewis’ playing with the MJQ. But Oscar rousts it up in a way Lewis never does. Just one more example of why there are so many “bests” in music,

• An other musical genius from Montreal :)

My favorite Oscar Peterson video:

• edited April 2022

The simplest Jazz tune (remember that. Music producers)
    Cheers.

• edited April 2022

Oscar Peterson is my favorite jazz pianist. There's just so much JOY in his playing, and despite his immense proficiency he never seems to be taking things too seriously. You can just hear how much FUN the band is having. The fact that his smile just jumps out of the speakers makes his trio so much more accessible than others.

And I just love that you can often hear him singing along with his own playing. The famed classical pianist Glenn Gould used to do that as well, but I would venture to guess that it would be far more fun to hang out with Oscar for an afternoon than Glenn ;)

Oscar:

Glenn:

Likely an unfair comparison, different styles & all, yada yada, but fun to think about...